Tyler Ulis Trims List to 4

You don't think Brust has made an impact for Wisconsin? You put him on Iowa last year and we are a 6 seed or better in the NCAA's.

As much as I hate to admit it, you are right. Brust would have made a difference last year giving him the minutes Oglesby got.

The guy bombed one half court shot. I'll give him that. Otherwise, eh......

Yep that the only shot he made last year...he would have had a big impact on Iowa last year. He can shoot the ball, Iowa cannot...no more simple way to put it.

I think a secret commit, while it doesn't hurt the Hawks, is of less value than him committing early.

I don't think he committed as there is more value in him making it public with the hope that the announcement pulls in other top talent than remaining silent.

Yeah, no. If he had committed early, we would have just gotten a nice little dynamo with offers from Purdue and Florida State, and "darn didn't that kid look good at the Peach Jam"? Too bad he never got that MSU offer....

If he commits now, the whole world watches as we steal one from Kentucky and Izzo. That would be absolutely huge. Maybe not for this class, but for recruits' opinion of us moving forward.

Yep that the only shot he made last year...he would have had a big impact on Iowa last year. He can shoot the ball, Iowa cannot...no more simple way to put it.

Great coaching by Ryan to pull a scrub like Brust off the bench just for that shot. No wonder why they finish in the top 4 in the conference each year.

Interesting article from a Kentucky writer. He seems to downplay Iowa's involvement, but Tyler sure does seem to like him some McCaffery.

Q&A: Tyler Ulis talks about his Kentucky offer, upcoming visit | Recruiting

He tries hard to lead Tyler's answers or get him to suggest a Kentucky lean. The fact that it didn't work suggests to me that he's got his head on straight during this process. I think we have a legitimate shot. Thanks for the link...enjoyed the read.

Why would it break our heart? Its not like we are screwed if he doesn't commit. Sure, I would love to have him but our brightest days are ahead regardless.

C'mon now, you gotta admit you got a little chub goin' thinking about Ullis in a Hawkeye uniform. Imagine the cold shower when he announces for Kentucky.

In most articles I've read it sounds like Tyler likes Iowa but his dad likes the prestige of MSU and UK. Hope his dad backs off and let's him choose a school because he likes it and not because his dad likes it.

^^^ ha ha, we've seen this happen before :) ^^^I think this kid has a good head on his shoulders, and he really likes Fran & Co., so we'll see I guess....

In most articles I've read it sounds like Tyler likes Iowa but his dad likes the prestige of MSU and UK. Hope his dad backs off and let's him choose a school because he likes it and not because his dad likes it.
Do you have some links?

GO HAWKS!!!

Simple remedy: offer Pops a job in the department. Ballboy coordinator or assistant director of travel, something like that. That's what the big dogs do. If you're going to run wit da pack, ya gotta act like a big dog.

I mentioned something similar to this before, except, I think the dad has been trying to force the hands of coaches, you notice that Tyler himself hasn't said a whole lot about other schools, it has mainly been the father.
Based on that, I think the kid wins out and makes his decision, his decision and is a Hawk.

I mentioned something similar to this before, except, I think the dad has been trying to force the hands of coaches, you notice that Tyler himself hasn't said a whole lot about other schools, it has mainly been the father.
Based on that, I think the kid wins out and makes his decision, his decision and is a Hawk.

Sounds good to me. Scratch him in as a Hawkeye.

Latest posts