Tyler Ulis Trims List to 4

I have feeling he will be a Hawk...not sure exactly why, but something about his comments make me think he will. I do think dad is trying to sell him on other programs...hopefully loyalty in the recruiting process qina out as Tyler has said how important that is.

I think the fact that Fran pretty much stuck with Lick's guys and didn't run them out of here and his recent scholarship offer to Stokes shows he is a players coach and if you bust your butt for him and the team he will be loyal to you. Players have to take note of that sooner or later no?

noted a comment below the article - about him potentially going to the 3rd best basketball school in iowa....
Also loved the guy who wrote back that the 3rd best school in Iowa happened to beat the other Iowa schools last year haha. Iowa has alot of eggs in Uliss basket. I wonder how the fan base will take it if he doesn't pick Iowa. Will it be a kick to the nuts can we be alright? Iowa will still have 2 jr pgs the following year I don't see him as an end all be all recruit the way Woodbury was. He would replace Marble pretty much and Iowa would be going small at times or have to dibby up mins somehow. I hope he comes that's a problem I want the program to have.

Also loved the guy who wrote back that the 3rd best school in Iowa happened to beat the other Iowa schools last year haha. Iowa has alot of eggs in Uliss basket. I wonder how the fan base will take it if he doesn't pick Iowa. Will it be a kick to the nuts can we be alright? Iowa will still have 2 jr pgs the following year I don't see him as an end all be all recruit the way Woodbury was. He would replace Marble pretty much and Iowa would be going small at times or have to dibby up mins somehow. I hope he comes that's a problem I want the program to have.

i see it as he would be a huge, huge get, but you're right we do have some PG's already. if we don't get a PG in this class though, we better get a good one next year.

Sort of a double-edged sword on this on IMO. Last year we saw some of the guys we didn't get (Niang @ ISU, Fant @ WKU, and the dude from Hampton or whoever we played in the NIT...can't remember for sure). Those guys would have looked nice in Iowa uniforms. On the other side, we did not get Brust (pre-McCaffrey), Jesperson @ VA who transferred to UNI and some others who looked great in You Tube videos, but have not made an impact in college. If we whiff on our top 3-4 guys and have to settle for dudes with Eastern Michigan, Akron, Oakland etc., offers, then clearly there is a recruiting problem in IC. I think this staff is going to have to work hard to make some JUCO relationships, as the close rate will be pretty low on out of state kids if we miss this season. Ulis, IMO, is not going to pick Iowa because we have no recent NCAA resume. Until we get back to the tourney and win a game or 3, kids will pass us over for better situations.

Sort of a double-edged sword on t IMO. Last year we saw some of the guys we didn't get (Niang @ ISU, Fant @ WKU, and the dude from Hampton or whoever we played in the NIT...can't remember for sure). Those guys would have looked nice in Iowa uniforms. On the other side, we did not get Brust (pre-McCaffrey), Jesperson @ VA who transferred to UNI and some others who looked great in You Tube videos, but have not made an impact in college. If we whiff on our top 3-4 guys and have to settle for dudes with Eastern Michigan, Akron, Oakland etc., offers, then clearly there is a recruiting problem in IC. I think this staff is going to have to work hard to make some JUCO relationships, as the close rate will be pretty low on out of state kids if we miss this season. Ulis, IMO, is not going to pick Iowa because we have no recent NCAA resume. Until we get back to the tourney and win a game or 3, kids will pass us over for better situations.

We need more JUCO's!!!!

Oh Ted can you tell it to me again?

Sing it too me Ted, writing is just not enough.

I think that Ulis has already secretly committed.

He knows that by dragging this out it really helps the Hawkeyes.

With all of the national attention and being able to turn down two blue blood offers, just makes the Hawks more relevant and appealing to other possible recruits.

With all of the national attention and being able to turn down two blue blood offers, just makes the Hawks more relevant and appealing to other possible recruits.

And didn't he stay two nights with the Hawks, where the others are only one night?

Sort of a double-edged sword on this on IMO. Last year we saw some of the guys we didn't get (Niang @ ISU, Fant @ WKU, and the dude from Hampton or whoever we played in the NIT...can't remember for sure). Those guys would have looked nice in Iowa uniforms. On the other side, we did not get Brust (pre-McCaffrey), Jesperson @ VA who transferred to UNI and some others who looked great in You Tube videos, but have not made an impact in college. If we whiff on our top 3-4 guys and have to settle for dudes with Eastern Michigan, Akron, Oakland etc., offers, then clearly there is a recruiting problem in IC. I think this staff is going to have to work hard to make some JUCO relationships, as the close rate will be pretty low on out of state kids if we miss this season. Ulis, IMO, is not going to pick Iowa because we have no recent NCAA resume. Until we get back to the tourney and win a game or 3, kids will pass us over for better situations.

You don't think Brust has made an impact for Wisconsin? You put him on Iowa last year and we are a 6 seed or better in the NCAA's.

And didn't he stay two nights with the Hawks, where the others are only one night?

I think a secret commit, while it doesn't hurt the Hawks, is of less value than him committing early.

I don't think he committed as there is more value in him making it public with the hope that the announcement pulls in other top talent than remaining silent.

I like the way you think but have difficulty buying into it. How about another take on the battle? This one has been mentioned by a couple sport's writers. It falls under the "don't underestimate NIKE's influence in Kentucky's favor" category .

* Kentucky basketball is a "flagship program" for NIKE.........lots of $$ for both

* Ulis's dad works for NIKE in the Chicago area.

* Ulis's team was sponsored by NIKE this summer.

* Calipari grew more interested in Ulis after attending and watching Ulis at a NIKE tourney this summer.

You could read a number of possibilities into this scenario.

USC is out. Down to three now.

Gonna suck when he breaks the hearts of Hawkeye nation. Just don't do the hat thing, kid. Anything but the hat thing.

USC is out. Down to three now.

Gonna suck when he breaks the hearts of Hawkeye nation. Just don't do the hat thing, kid. Anything but the hat thing.

Why would it break our heart? Its not like we are screwed if he doesn't commit. Sure, I would love to have him but our brightest days are ahead regardless.

I agree with this. My thoughts as well.

The guy bombed one half court shot. I'll give him that. Otherwise, eh......

Ben Brust in 2012-13
11.1 Pts
5.1 Rebs
2.3 Assts

38.9 % from 3 (exactly the same % as his freshman year).

I think that would have helped the Hawks last year.

Latest posts