Tyler Cook

If he goes overseas he'll never sniff the NBA. Very rarely do players go overseas and come back to the NBA.

If he transfers to another school he'll have to sit out an entire season. When you're already getting 30 minutes in the Big Ten I'm not sure why you would consider something that drastic.

The rumor mill is saying that he is considering something that drastic. ;)

Wow. This fread.

animals-sink-sinking-sinking_ships-rats-captains-jgrn1731_low.jpg

Everybody knows it's pick and role.

My first year of coaching, I sat and listened to a coach (assistant girls coach) spend 15 minutes during a practice explaining the difference between a "pick and roll" and a "screen and roll". Honest to God, it was all I could do to keep a straight face.

If anyone posts anything regarding rumors that Cook is strongly considering transfering, man up and post links or at least some level of proof, otherwise keep it to yourself. It comes off as made up trollism.

As for Cook himself, other than maybe a short sniff, he is not going to end up in the NBA. Ever. Period. G-league or Europe at best. The whole NBA thing needs to be put to rest.

is a symptom of this teams defensive cancer.. some of the lack of effort horrible defense I've seen lately -
Correct and correctable. He could play D in high school because he was athletically so much better than most of his opponents. Fundamentals can be taught. He’ll have to find a tutor for D fundamentals because this coaching staff ... enough said because beating a dead horse just makes you an ass.

Blocking out and moving feet past two shuffles would be baby steps and make a big difference. This is true of 11-12 other players as well.

They were first team BIG 10 for cripes sakes. You don't get selected just because you got to play more.

In addition, McCaffery got Hasbrook from Sienna to the NBA so the guy can get players there. He may have gotten others as well, for all I know.
You will make first team if you put up better numbers because you get more playing time. Did Aaron white improve his jump shot over the course of four years? Did these players add to their arsenal offensively? Not really . Just because you score more doesn’t mean you improved as a basketball player . Look at Moss. He he taken his game to another level since his first practice? Yeah he is improving his production because he plays more but that doesn’t mean he actually improved his skill set. If those players actually improved we would have better teams with deeper runs and they would have had better success after Iowa

You will make first team if you put up better numbers because you get more playing time. Did Aaron white improve his jump shot over the course of four years? Did these players add to their arsenal offensively? Not really . Just because you score more doesn’t mean you improved as a basketball player . Look at Moss. He he taken his game to another level since his first practice? Yeah he is improving his production because he plays more but that doesn’t mean he actually improved his skill set. If those players actually improved we would have better teams with deeper runs and they would have had better success after Iowa

My opinion is it's up to the player to improve individual skills. It's up to the coach to improve the players ability to play as a team. If you say these players didn't develop individual skills, then how do you explain the team getting better after losing Marble? How do you explain the team getting better after losing White? If the remaining guys didn't improve, how did our team improve?

I think it was a mixture of the players improving, and Fran getting them to improve as a team. If you don't believe the players improved their individual skills at all, you should think Fran is a hell of a coach to keep improving the team while losing 1st team big 10 players.

My opinion is it's up to the player to improve individual skills. It's up to the coach to improve the players ability to play as a team. If you say these players didn't develop individual skills, then how do you explain the team getting better after losing Marble? How do you explain the team getting better after losing White? If the remaining guys didn't improve, how did our team improve?

I think it was a mixture of the players improving, and Fran getting them to improve as a team. If you don't believe the players improved their individual skills at all, you should think Fran is a hell of a coach to keep improving the team while losing 1st team big 10 players.

Marble? They had a decent but not great nucleus.

White? Jok and the other guy.

Correct and correctable. He could play D in high school because he was athletically so much better than most of his opponents. Fundamentals can be taught. He’ll have to find a tutor for D fundamentals because this coaching staff ... enough said because beating a dead horse just makes you an ass.

Blocking out and moving feet past two shuffles would be baby steps and make a big difference. This is true of 11-12 other players as well.

Which brings us back to the naked truth... This team is poorly coached. Period.

EDIT: poorly coached by a guy who was just given more money to continue same.

Last edited:
Jok and the other guy were on the team with White the year before. So if Jok and Uthoff didn't develop, how was having Jok and Uthoff better than having Jok, Uthoff, and White?

they matured and got better. some of you just want to make this more than it is.

1. Youth
2. Lack of speed
3. Lack of ability compared to the competition
4. Poor coaching involving the whole gambit.

The guy just isn't respected. People who work court side have a word for the coach. It's a 4 letter word and ends in a k but we aren't Wheel of Fortune. His players seem to be OK with it, but it does limit who might come. It's there and you aren't going to change it. Players who are on the rebellious side I'm guessing are the type to be OK with him, especially if they are thrilled to Big anyway.

Had a relative sitting right behind FM and CM on a flight. I'll spare the details, but it was entertaining to say the least.

This isn't going to end well.

Maybe in 3 years you all can bring this up and ridicule me. You might also sound a lot like Dean back then too.

they matured and got better. some of you just want to make this more than it is.

1. Youth
2. Lack of speed
3. Lack of ability compared to the competition
4. Poor coaching involving the whole gambit.

The guy just isn't respected. People who work court side have a word for the coach. It's a 4 letter word and ends in a k but we aren't Wheel of Fortune. His players seem to be OK with it, but it does limit who might come. It's there and you aren't going to change it. Players who are on the rebellious side I'm guessing are the type to be OK with him, especially if they are thrilled to Big anyway.

Had a relative sitting right behind FM and CM on a flight. I'll spare the details, but it was entertaining to say the least.

This isn't going to end well.

Maybe in 3 years you all can bring this up and ridicule me. You might also sound a lot like Dean back then too.

Did you even pay attention to the post I was quoting? A guy said players don't get better under Fran. So I ask him how the team got better than, and you respond "because the players got better" which was my whole point.

Cook just gets frustrated being the object of some much attention from the defense this year. Teams know that take JBo and Cook out and make the rest beat you. Cook has at times been very unselfish and sometimes too aggressive. His game has developed no matter what people on this board have posted. He is being called for fewer charges this year, he is shooting the jump hook and shot from 10 to 15 feet occasionally, and he is trying to block out. He just too often gets into the macho thing with other players which he has a hard time walking away from. Every now and then Cook, Moss, Garza, and JBo make a really pretty play but obviously, that is not happening enough. I worry he might transfer to another team, but any NBA guy is gonna tell him, he's not ready. I don't expect him to want to sit out a year and I think he will be back.

Did you even pay attention to the post I was quoting? A guy said players don't get better under Fran. So I ask him how the team got better than, and you respond "because the players got better" which was my whole point.

They matured which is developed. I wouldn't put that on Fran.

Latest posts