Today is a miraculously wonderful day...The Big 12 Lives On!!!

Good for ISU, but Big Ten teams will be making $22 to $25 million so who has the better deal?

And that $17 million is the very high end and will probably be more around $14 million.
Actually reading Orangebloods may be a little low estimate, is there a stronger channel out there? Being backed by Fox is huge.

You know the Fuskers will be recruiting "Big Ten Country" now right? So you add another team to a relative small recruiting base just as Deace says. Good luck!

Yup -- I guess they haven't been recruiting there. LOL This hurts you poor bastards more than Iowa. Good luck to you as you will need it to stay up with teh kansas and KSU's of the world.

The deal is laid out on CF, Fox is the channel for everything Big 12. Unlike BTN you dont need cable to watch the Big 12, so who has the better deal?

You don't get it.

This is about having households pay subscription fees. Advertising of local Fox affiliates is nice, but ad revenue is icing on the cake if you can get every cable and satellite subscriber to pay $.70 each month to the Big Ten.

Big Ten still has the better deal. Thanks for subsidizing Iowa football, ISUNI4LYFGUY!

Hahahaha what an uninformed idiot. Look at how much money ISU had BEFORE Pollard. Look at them now. Get back to me

Do you really enjoy spending half your life in the Hawkeye forums? Anyways, If ISU is excited about being bought off by Texas to let Texas further run the Big 12, then more power to them...

You don't get it.

This is about having households pay subscription fees. Advertising of local Fox affiliates is nice, but ad revenue is icing on the cake if you can get every cable and satellite subscriber to pay $.70 each month to the Big Ten.

Big Ten still has the better deal. Thanks for subsidizing Iowa football, ISUNI4LYFGUY!
Fox is about advertising dollar, who cares, and thanks for watching Fox!

You know the Fuskers will be recruiting "Big Ten Country" now right? So you add another team to a relative small recruiting base just as Deace says. Good luck!

Please tell us how Iowa State came out ahead in all of this?

At best, on a national level, ISU didn't lose anything. However, their "rivalry" with Nebraska is gone, their rivalry with Iowa surely will be diminished, and they'll have to go through Texas, A and M, Okie, Okie St, and TT to garner any national attention at all.

I say good luck to you, too!

Meanwhile, the B10 adds Nebraska (possibly a top 5 team THIS year), to teams like tOSU (possibly #2 preseason), as well as Iowa, Wisky, PSU (all arguably top 15 or 20). Michigan surely isn't dead forever.

The big ten will only be richer and more powerful. This has been a great thing for the b10.

The deal is laid out on CF, Fox is the channel for everything Big 12. Unlike BTN you dont need cable to watch the Big 12, so who has the better deal?

better for the consumer - FOX
better for the university - everything the Big Ten has

course...the BTN comes with my sports package through COX which is one of the "free" packages when you have the HD/DVR box ... am I one of the lucky ones?

This is a no brainer for ISU, so what their competition is tougher but 10 million more in the bank, this will give ISU a few more years to avoid bankruptcy due to Pollard!

You have no clue what you are talking about, so you should stop typing. Donations and budget are at an all-time high thanks to Pollard.

Do you really enjoy spending half your life in the Hawkeye forums? Anyways, If ISU is excited about being bought off by Texas to let Texas further run the Big 12, then more power to them...
I just read the crap for months, ISU just doubled their revenues, where the guy that owes me a grand now?

course...the BTN comes with my sports package through COX which is one of the "free" packages when you have the HD/DVR box ... am I one of the lucky ones?

The entire state of Nebraska will have BTN by, I would say, next week?

You didnt answer my question, why didnt this get done with NU in the league? And thanks again for the donation towards the south endzone. I am really interested to see how the Fuskers do in the Big 10 now that they wont be able to recruit Texas and must go head to head with OSU, Michigan and ND.

You didnt answer my question, why didnt this get done with NU in the league? And thanks again for the donation towards the south endzone. I am really interested to see how the Fuskers do in the Big 10 now that they wont be able to recruit Texas and must go head to head with OSU, Michigan and ND.

God. You really think NU won't be able to recruit Texass? Are you really that dense?

They recruited Texass before Texass was in the Big(10)XII.

Please tell us how Iowa State came out ahead in all of this?

At best, on a national level, ISU didn't lose anything. However, their "rivalry" with Nebraska is gone, their rivalry with Iowa surely will be diminished, and they'll have to go through Texas, A and M, Okie, Okie St, and TT to garner any national attention at all.

I say good luck to you, too!

Meanwhile, the B10 adds Nebraska (possibly a top 5 team THIS year), to teams like tOSU (possibly #2 preseason), as well as Iowa, Wisky, PSU (all arguably top 15 or 20). Michigan surely isn't dead forever.

The big ten will only be richer and more powerful. This has been a great thing for the b10.

...I like your style, I couldnt have put it better

Latest posts