This Is The Proctor Thread

Say he goes to Alabama and gets buried on the depth chart. If he tried to come back to Iowa the next year do you think the coaches would take him?

Say he goes to Alabama and gets buried on the depth chart. If he tried to come back to Iowa the next year do you think the coaches would take him?
Yes I do. Iowa will look to supplement it's roster every season in the portal and players who want to come back to be closer to home that they've already recruited and dealt with and scouted will be top priority.

He would be a net negative to the program though even if he came here.

Our OL sucks and as soon as we lose a few games and look bad, Mama Walton's going to be on Twitter starting wars with people and making shitty distractions for everyone involved. It'd be like Noah Fant's dipshit family times 1,000 because Proctor is a #1 recruit. We don't need that.

Stop with this crap!

Remember this guy… he liked to play games too. Neither of these guys is Wirfs. Life goes on too bad he drug it out like he did that’s the bothersome part of all of it… trak kids change their minds etc but my gosh what a screw job of recruiting. If he was gonna look around he shouldn’t have given the verbal. As much as he may be a Wirfs fan… Wirfs displayed a huge amount of character during recruiting

Remember this guy… he liked to play games too. Neither of these guys is Wirfs. Life goes on too bad he drug it out like he did that’s the bothersome part of all of it… trak kids change their minds etc but my gosh what a screw job of recruiting. If he was gonna look around he shouldn’t have given the verbal. As much as he may be a Wirfs fan… Wirfs displayed a huge amount of character during recruiting
Ok kirk

there should be no signing day. KIds' commitment should coincide with signing and they should sign when they commit.

and it should be for the entire four years with exceptions for family emergencies and momma getting a Ferrari doesn’t count.

Three cheers for our offense!!!

If he would have opened up his recruiting decision a month ago majority of fans, while still bummed, would have understood.
One the eve of signing day this dude gives Iowa and the fans a big F you and bolts of $$$$, i mean Alabama. He did Iowa and the fans big time dirty

The pressure on recruits like Proctor is immense. Many of the one's that don't meet expectations, sans injury, probably are in part succumbing to that pressure.

I sincerely hope that he ends up happy wherever he goes, but it's got to be tough deciding between playing close to friends and family and playing every season for a national championship, all while striving to not let people down.
timing is everything. He had a verbal commitment to Iowa. Didn’t open his recruiting process so the coaching staff could be looking for other OL recruits. On the eve of signing day he tells Iowa and the fans to get bent and leaves for Alabama. Majority of folks will say this is a classless thing any player would do.

timing is everything. He had a verbal commitment to Iowa. Didn’t open his recruiting process so the coaching staff could be looking for other OL recruits. On the eve of signing day he tells Iowa and the fans to get bent and leaves for Alabama. Majority of folks will say this is a classless thing any player would do.
So you’re saying he and his family ain’t the stand up people you kept telling us they were? Hmm.

That's a bummer I thought he would be a Hawk. Now you are looking at one dude, maybe two, out of the portal for offensive line help.
Their are some. But yeah we are late to the party due to Proctor pulling this stunt. We really needed an impactful plug and play guy which obviously he would have been. Now we gotta get really lucky to find just what you said. Ideally we do need 2. I don't have faith in much more then Richman amongst those coming back. The rest will have to show me

KF would want to scoff at it initially. Then he'll look at who all he currently has and put his tail between his legs and gladly take him back.

My only issue is the integrity side of it. The least he could do is come forward and make it clear, when its painfully obvious, that Iowa was nothing more than a bargaining tool for negotiation and that money played a factor. I don't buy the BS that I read in another thread stating that his reasoning had to do with Iowa's offensive being ranked at 130 nationally. Bullshit, our offense was shit when he verbally committed and very little changed, the least he could do is own it rather than making some BS excuse.

Good for him though, he made his money and is committing to a program who he actually wants to play for. Let's hope the 3* that we bring in to fill the now vacant spot goes on to have an equally productive career and actually wants to be a Hawk.

Latest posts