This Is The Proctor Thread

Exactly, if his commitment was solid he wouldn’t even give Bama the time. He made his decision. He visited Bama and he knows what’s there so there is nothing to discuss but money.

Having said that most of us live in the real world and money is money. If you could have a really high chance to play for a national championship team and make millions along the way or for a team that at best might win their division and then get stomped by the East champ, what would you do??? What if it was your son, as a father what would you tell your son??

Will he cave and give in to such an incredible temptation? Truly if he sticks to his commitment to Iowa then he will display an incredible level of integrity rarely seen in this world.

What ever he decides to do, I wish him the best.

Integrity is out of fashion these days. Follow the money, it's what everyone recommends and applauds these days. He gone if he listens and follows the advice of the masses

No such thing as commitments anymore. It’s the new era of college football, and paying attention to recruiting is an exercise in futility that will just make you mad. No one is a sure thing—LOI or not—until they’re in uniform at their first game.

No such thing as commitments anymore. It’s the new era of college football, and paying attention to recruiting is an exercise in futility that will just make you mad. No one is a sure thing—LOI or not—until they’re in uniform at their first game.
And there is no relaxing once players are in the program. Competing every year to retain talent to re-up with the program vs better offers elsewhere.

And there is no relaxing once players are in the program. Competing every year to retain talent to re-up with the program vs better offers elsewhere.

Re-recruiting your own guys is a given at this point. It is a year-to-year process for everybody...Power 5, FBS, FCS, etc.

Re-recruiting your own guys is a given at this point. It is a year-to-year process for everybody...Power 5, FBS, FCS, etc.
At this point you have to treat every year like a free agent training camp. No position can be locked in. There has to be open competition for all positions. This is not the Kirk way and not the culture of Iowa. Something has to give. I've said it before and I'll say it again I don't know if Kirk is the leader for the changing landscape of college football and that is a shame. I hope he proves me wrong.

Exactly, if his commitment was solid he wouldn’t even give Bama the time. He made his decision. He visited Bama and he knows what’s there so there is nothing to discuss but money.

Having said that most of us live in the real world and money is money. If you could have a really high chance to play for a national championship team and make millions along the way or for a team that at best might win their division and then get stomped by the East champ, what would you do??? What if it was your son, as a father what would you tell your son??

Will he cave and give in to such an incredible temptation? Truly if he sticks to his commitment to Iowa then he will display an incredible level of integrity rarely seen in this world.

What ever he decides to do, I wish him the best.
The one thing Iowa has going for it is geography. Family and friends can make all the games. Hopefully that is as big a deal as playing for a NATTY every year. Plus immediate playing time and track record for success. Not making ANY moves to change the offense is a big NEGATIVE.

The pressure on recruits like Proctor is immense. Many of the one's that don't meet expectations, sans injury, probably are in part succumbing to that pressure.

I sincerely hope that he ends up happy wherever he goes, but it's got to be tough deciding between playing close to friends and family and playing every season for a national championship, all while striving to not let people down.

At this point you have to treat every year like a free agent training camp. No position can be locked in. There has to be open competition for all positions. This is not the Kirk way and not the culture of Iowa. Something has to give. I've said it before and I'll say it again I don't know if Kirk is the leader for the changing landscape of college football and that is a shame. I hope he proves me wrong.
KF, like everyone else, has little experience with a rapidly changing culture that dramatically affects college football. None of us has a crystal ball. Only time will tell. I would make an educated guess that unintended consequences will play a major role.

come to play with us, its the best of both worlds, - we know Iowa will always be your favorite team. you can root for them and record their games...and you can play for us and win championships.

If you have an opportunity to go to bama you go. Going to perenial 8-4 nepotism U is not attractive to anyone

David Eickholt and Sean Bock(both cover Iowa and are with 247 sports) They both have their Crystal Ball saying they are 91% Proctor will flip to Alabama.

This is the “new norm” What sucks is fans are going to sit through a month of this crap every December. Wondering who is transferring, decommiting for bigger payouts and who is going to be in a biding war for his services after every season. The Swarm program sounds great but no way it can compete with the Alabama, Oregon and other schools with deep pockets.

I would think if he was 100% committed to Iowa he wouldn’t have went on such late recruiting trips. Sounds like he is just using his Iowa commitment so other schools will try and out bid each other.

NCAA sports will be worse then the NFL. Money talks and unlike the NFL, there is an unlimited supply of it. Right for the taking..

Latest posts