This Is The Proctor Thread

“I just thought it was a better opportunity for me,” Proctor said. “It’s not about the money because if people knew about the money situation, then they wouldn’t be talking about it. But I want to play football at a prestigious school. (There’s) a lot of competition down there and ultimately it’s going to make me better.”

Proctor's choice has received plenty of backlash, with people taking to social media to criticize his decision. The high school football star said he has seen a lot of ugly comments.

"It made me feel bad a little bit but I can't tune in to that stuff," he said. "It's just mind-blowing that 40-year-olds, 50-year-olds are calling me the p-word and saying 'f-you,' I'm going to hell and stuff like that. It's just crazy to hear. But I don't give in to that stuff because if they were truly an Iowa fan then they wouldn't have been talking about that and they would have been happy for me to be going down to Alabama and representing the state of Iowa."
I never tweet at recruits or even players because it's just not something I care enough about to do, but the issue isn't him leaving. What's rubbing people the wrong way is that he was catfishing Iowa. If he's known for a while that it was a bidding war between Oregon and Alabama he could've told Iowa he was decommitting and I don't think he'd have this backlash. And at the end of the day he's making millions now, and backlash is gonna come at him. He might as well get used to it.

He left Iowa hanging when he didn't have to, so even though I'm not someone tweeting at him or his mom, I also don't have any sympathy for him.

Iowa followed the NIL rules with McNamara. I have no doubt about that.
LOLOLOL...

Explain how you know Iowa followed "the rules" and how you know Alabama didn't. Jesus Christ, man.

There aren't even rules to be followed, how do you have no doubt about anything?

I’m mad about the current system. It isn’t sustainable.

I don’t blame Proctor at all.

please start listening to San Patrick. He has a good handle on it
Dan Patrick isn't going to change my mind. You want to restrict people's earning potential and opportunities for the simple reason that it otherwise takes your fun away. That's a stupid, moronic reason.

Correct, as would any professional who behaved that way. He's a pro now. You won't see me tweeting at anyone like that, but this is the real world now my guy. If you do shitty business practices, whether you're doing what's best for you or not, be prepared to deal with the fall out. This is the real world not Rainbow Brite Land.... suck it up, you fucked over your home state employer - take it like man, welcome to being an adult.
That's what they all hide behind. The it's all about what's best for me BS. Well commitments are a 2 way street. Ole Saban and how he left LSU for Miami can sure attest to that side of em... He better get some thicker skin or stay off social media is all I know.

If Iowa or any other program pulls the rug on a kid that'd been committed because they found a cuter dance partner that they'd rather have then they get called out for that stuff too. In fact doesn't Bama and some others still do that practice of trying to stash guys as a greyshirt or whatever it's called pretty much? I haven't heard about it being done lately but I really never liked it.

I never tweet at recruits or even players because it's just not something I care enough about to do, but the issue isn't him leaving. What's rubbing people the wrong way is that he was catfishing Iowa. If he's known for a while that it was a bidding war between Oregon and Alabama he could've told Iowa he was decommitting and I don't think he'd have this backlash. And at the end of the day he's making millions now, and backlash is gonna come at him. He might as well get used to it.

He left Iowa hanging when he didn't have to, so even though I'm not someone tweeting at him or his mom, I also don't have any sympathy for him.
exactly where I am at with it. I don't wish him the best, unless that means going to Bama and not getting paid, doesn't start and that leads him back to Iowa and he contributes. I am an Iowa fan, I don't give a shit about Alabama or that he's doing what is best for him. F all that. I'm an Iowa fan and the way he handled all this shit makes him look bad, NOT Iowa and no amount of trolls tweeting at him will convince me differently. He's the one who made this bed, lay in it. I'm glad he's doing what is best for him and don't blame him, but now STFU about the people you fucked over along the way because we don't care.

It's always uncomfortable when switching jobs, especially when you 've already accepted on and then take another. We all have done it or should have done it once. Iowa made it historically clear about other visits. That is on Iowa even if the policy is relaxed.

Iowa blew it. No other reason. 2 years in a row the bottom of D1 in offense. No other P5 compares. Young two years in a row? A perennial excuse for Iowa.

About his mom. Very few top athletes anywhere got to where they were by being guided/coached by parents. I have no stats, but my eyes tell me that a big part of top athletes have a good mother/pushy mother/ active mother at the center of the core. He wouldn't be where he was without her.

Sure he was likely costly. Can the 14th rated revenue school compete with the big boys on an individual basis? Of course they can. Maybe not across the board, but even Alabama doesn't have all 4/5 star players.

The world changes. NCAA football is making big changes. Our world will go through changes at an ever increasing speed.

Blame someone? Blame Iowa.

It's always uncomfortable when switching jobs, especially when you 've already accepted on and then take another. We all have done it or should have done it once. Iowa made it historically clear about other visits. That is on Iowa even if the policy is relaxed.

Iowa blew it. No other reason. 2 years in a row the bottom of D1 in offense. No other P5 compares. Young two years in a row? A perennial excuse for Iowa.

About his mom. Very few top athletes anywhere got to where they were by being guided/coached by parents. I have no stats, but my eyes tell me that a big part of top athletes have a good mother/pushy mother/ active mother at the center of the core. He wouldn't be where he was without her.

Sure he was likely costly. Can the 14th rated revenue school compete with the big boys on an individual basis? Of course they can. Maybe not across the board, but even Alabama doesn't have all 4/5 star players.

The world changes. NCAA football is making big changes. Our world will go through changes at an ever increasing speed.

Blame someone? Blame Iowa.
I also blame Iowa. They made their bed on the OLine as well. I am not blaming KP at all, he went to a better opportunity. Who could blame him? Not me.

That said I don't feel bad for him either though dealing with the blowback. I don't feel like he has any rights to be shielded from criticism. Snakes get called snakes. Both things can be true and what he did was still a shitty way to operate in the professional world on any level.

I also blame Iowa. They made their bed on the OLine as well. I am not blaming KP at all, he went to a better opportunity. Who could blame him? Not me.

That said I don't feel bad for him either though dealing with the blowback. I don't feel like he has any rights to be shielded from criticism. Snakes get called snakes. Both things can be true and what he did was still a shitty way to operate in the professional world on any level.
How could he have done it differently? The situation in football is very fluid. He didn't kill anyone or steal anything.

But I don't give in to that stuff because if they were truly an Iowa fan then they wouldn't have been talking about that and they would have been happy for me to be going down to Alabama and representing the state of Iowa."
Represent the state of Iowa at Alabama?!! WTF?

How could he have done it differently? The situation in football is very fluid. He didn't kill anyone or steal anything.
I didn't say he killed anyone lol what are you even talking about? How could he do it differently? Not commit and take the job offer, string along the school 7 months, start sniffing around for something a couple months back and then get "re-recruited and a bigger pile of cash" and say "Ok, that makes me happy I'm still coming", just to switch the day before.

That's not acceptable in any industry and it's not a look I'd suggest anyone do while taking a job. That said, he did what's best for him and I don't blame him...but he should have deal with the fall out just like any other adult who operated like that would. I work in small market town (Omaha) if I did that, it'd get out to every potential employer I tried to work with for the next few years. I'd never do that cause I'm not a snake so I don't really worry about it.

This.

As the dust settles, you have to admit this really is the appropriate ending for this season. Started and ended with embarrassment on the National stage related to the offense.

Iowa followed the NIL rules with McNamara. I have no doubt about that.

I just listened to a great analysis by Dan Patrick on this issue. Players are getting paid before they sign their LOI. He knows what he’s talking about.

College football won’t work with this system. Only a few teams will prosper.

The NFL has rules. College football right now does not.
What rules? The only rule there kind of is has to do with when you can contact kids that aren't signed with you. That's where tampering comes into play. Maybe Iowa didn't communicate with him prior to when they should've maybe they did how do we know? Nobody will convince me otherwise that Jacobs wasn't tampered with prior to him going in the portal. I think that's the issue that needs addressed.

The grey area is the collectives communicating with kids on 'behalf' of the programs 24-7. There's nothing stopping any schools collective from hitting up players on another school to try and get them to transfer. That's where it gets shady.

NIL is what it is. Even though the coaches have these CEOs of collectives on speed dial they aren't technically affiliated with the schools and can do whatever the heck they want with paying guys. So yeah HS kids are getting paid prior to signing and transfers are getting $ prior to getting in the portal. That is what is. There's no rules about it. Same way nobody can stop me from paying you however much I want to have you wash my car.

Last edited:
LOLOLOL...

Explain how you know Iowa followed "the rules" and how you know Alabama didn't. Jesus Christ, man.

There aren't even rules to be followed, how do you have no doubt about anything?
Iowa is following the rules with NIL as they were written/intended. I do know that. I’m not going to tell you how I know it. It is none of your business.

Patrick stated that teams are making payments before LOIs are signed. That is against the NIL rules. I believe him.

I never said Alabama broke rules. But Patrick is credible.

I agree with you a lot of the time, but we aren’t going to agree on this one. Here is my argument, for what it is worth:

1. The NFL is a professional league. They know how to pay players and have rules regarding fair competition at the same time. Many different teams have made it to the Super Bowl the past 10 to 20 years. Poor teams have a chance under their system.
2. College football is now a professional league. The players should be paid. I don’t dispute that at all.
3. But college football needs similar rules so that there is a chance for fair competition for the programs involved.

Think about it.

P.S. Proctor is a fine young man

Iowa is following the rules with NIL as they were written/intended. I do know that. I’m not going to tell you how I know it. It is none of your business.
Lol. "Because I said so." You don't know shit about what goes on between the Iowa coaches, collectives, and recruits.
3. But college football needs similar rules so that there is a chance for fair competition for the programs involved.
Bullshit. You just want their income capped because if they don't it'll take away your nostalgic fun. There's zero negative impact to society and your day doesn't change one single bit if Kadyn Proctor makes $100K or $3 million. This isn't about you or any fans. It's about kids being able to maximize their earning potential in a market more than willing to pay them.

I didn't say he killed anyone lol what are you even talking about? How could he do it differently? Not commit and take the job offer, string along the school 7 months, start sniffing around for something a couple months back and then get "re-recruited and a bigger pile of cash" and say "Ok, that makes me happy I'm still coming", just to switch the day before.

That's not acceptable in any industry and it's not a look I'd suggest anyone do while taking a job. That said, he did what's best for him and I don't blame him...but he should have deal with the fall out just like any other adult who operated like that would. I work in small market town (Omaha) if I did that, it'd get out to every potential employer I tried to work with for the next few years. I'd never do that cause I'm not a snake so I don't really worry about it.
Never said he did. What he did was no big deal. Life changes. Not a snake. Young guy making his way. Our employers/school don't own us. Iowa is a right to work state. RTW way overprotects employers. RTW works both ways. He did nothing wrong. Everyone will move on. Not sure how Iowa will adapt, but all will move on.

I never tweet at recruits or even players because it's just not something I care enough about to do, but the issue isn't him leaving.

Samesies. It's why I told my kid who kinda hangs out now and then in the dorm with a current player to never, ever parrot any of the stuff I say about Iowa football. Because I am largely uninformed and lacking in knowledge.

And, as for recruits....holy hell. They're 17-18 year old kids. And, money withstanding, if they choose Alabama over Iowa, who can blame them? And I tend to sneer at the jackwad fans who get bent out of shape and snipe at the kid. Further, in this day and age, it can certainly be burning of unnecessary bridges by souring them on a fan base of a school they could conceivably want to "return" to some day.

On the flip side, that's the result of this day and age. It's going to get uglier. If you're getting paid to play, there's going to be even far less leniency in these matters from fans. And I'm not sure I will sneer as much. I won't ever join in. But I may not sneer at the annoying butthurt fans.....as much.

And it's going to be even worse when players are paid gobs, and fail to perform on the field. Think if Petras came in with a 6 digit NIL deal and performed as he has. The invective would have been through the roof, and far darker than it was.

Never said he did. What he did was no big deal. Life changes. Not a snake. Young guy making his way. Our employers/school don't own us. Iowa is a right to work state. RTW way overprotects employers. RTW works both ways. He did nothing wrong. Everyone will move on. Not sure how Iowa will adapt, but all will move on.
We'll disagree on that he did nothing wrong. He didn't do anything illegal but he handled it very poorly from a professional stand point and that often times catches up to people. I've already moved on but people telling me I should feel bad because some people tweeted shit at him is laughable. It's time to grow up.

We'll disagree on that he did nothing wrong. He didn't do anything illegal but he handled it very poorly from a professional stand point and that often times catches up to people. I've already moved on but people telling me I should feel bad because some people tweeted shit at him is laughable. It's time to grow up.
It I s the world we live in. Gig culture. I've been doing pretty well at it but did just get an old job back. The world has changed. People gig because employers have little loyalty beyond dollar signs.

Patrick stated that teams are making payments before LOIs are signed. That is against the NIL rules. I believe him.

I never said Alabama broke rules. But Patrick is credible.

I agree with you a lot of the time, but we aren’t going to agree on this one. Here is my argument, for what it is worth:

1. The NFL is a professional league. They know how to pay players and have rules regarding fair competition at the same time. Many different teams have made it to the Super Bowl the past 10 to 20 years. Poor teams have a chance under their system.
2. College football is now a professional league. The players should be paid. I don’t dispute that at all.

Think about it.

P.S. Proctor is a fine young man
That would make it 100% pay for play which it can't be (even though it is wink wink) No there's no such thing as an NIL rule about paying a kid prior to LOIs being signed or attending a school. HS kids can get NIL deals. Lebrons kid is making monster bucks already.

You bringing up the word fair couldn't be less relevant. College football has never been nor ever will be that.

Proctor might not kick cats but he strung Iowa's coaches along. Straight up said he did. So for that alone I can't consider him a 'fine young man' Fine young men wouldn't handle themselves and others the way he did...

Latest posts