This Is The Proctor Thread

Another angle to this that has not been mentioned is how this looks to other recruits. Could there be a snowball effect.

I can truly understand why this upsets the coaching staff so much and how they could respond badly. I mean, did they sell to Cade McNamara that they were going to have this 5* tackle coming to protect him. Now, I realize Cade's prob bought in and on campus, but man, this could be a promise from Iowa's staff that they cannot hold.

Then to think of the planning that the staff prob did around this recruit, again, I can understand if they are miffed about it and if things get a bit tense.
Well I would think when it comes to that part of it nobody understands how that works more then other players. I mean unless Iowa's NIL reneged on whatever they may have promised Proctor I can't see Cade or others holding losing him against the Iowa staff. I mean from their side it is what it is.

It's all sort of gross, but also amusing. The money has finally trickled down. Team Proctor played this beautifully. Team Ferentz has always been shrewd negotiators, too, when it comes to getting their piece of the pie. We just haven't seen how the sausage is made in those deals over the years (going back to Cornrich vs Bowlsby).

The part I wonder about is why hasn't this new world caused Kirk to call it quits? I have to think he absolutely hates every aspect of it - like it sickens him to his core. I assumed if he still wanted to be in coaching he would have drifted off to D3 after we hit the era of transfer portal, NIL, etc. Maybe reunite with Morgan and a few other old friends and coach at Wartburg or something.

Is Kirk willing to sell his soul on this stuff just to make sure Brian is ok? That makes me sad to think about.

He would be a net negative to the program though even if he came here.

Our OL sucks and as soon as we lose a few games and look bad, Mama Walton's going to be on Twitter starting wars with people and making shitty distractions for everyone involved. It'd be like Noah Fant's dipshit family times 1,000 because Proctor is a #1 recruit. We don't need that.

Really think Proctor is a problem waiting to happen? First I've really heard of this

It's all sort of gross, but also amusing. The money has finally trickled down. Team Proctor played this beautifully. Team Ferentz has always been shrewd negotiators, too, when it comes to getting their piece of the pie. We just haven't seen how the sausage is made in those deals over the years (going back to Cornrich vs Bowlsby).

The part I wonder about is why hasn't this new world caused Kirk to call it quits? I have to think he absolutely hates every aspect of it - like it sickens him to his core. I assumed if he still wanted to be in coaching he would have drifted off to D3 after we hit the era of transfer portal, NIL, etc. Maybe reunite with Morgan and a few other old friends and coach at Wartburg or something.

Is Kirk willing to sell his soul on this stuff just to make sure Brian is ok? That makes me sad to think about.
Fair question. Is it his legacy? He trying to pile up as many Ws as he can to get to the top of the BIG list as best he can? Is he delusional and thinking he can just hand the keys to Brian if they have one more great yr kind of thing? It's hard to tell what his endgame plan is. But I have a tough time thinking he's just winging it. He's too shrewd for that.

That said I think he does genuinely love everything about being Iowas HC. I'm sure he wants to leave the program in as good of shape as he possibly can once he's done. It's just tough to see the end of the tunnel on what that'll look like if it's more then a yr yet down the road

I honestly feel KF is still hanging around and putting putting up with this NIL and portal crap for Brian, to give him the foundation and best opportunity. I bet you he doesn't like it a bit.

I bet he's got an agent. How do you think those guys would be advising guys like him?... Because otherwise something changed the last week or so. This last visit he took to Bama was an unofficial. He'd already taken his official one there. Meaning he had to fork over the $ for the expenses. Or at least a collective did or whatever. The school itself couldn't. So for him to even do that to me means the deal was all but done before he even went.
I seriously doubt that he had to fork over anything, especially being the #1 OL recruit in the country.

I seriously doubt that he had to fork over anything, especially being the #1 OL recruit in the country.
Agree. Bamas boosters or whomever woulda been picking up the tab I bet. Who knows what's 'legal' and what's not within that world now anyway. They probably have that as part of their collective if I had to guess. The school itself just can't is all I can say for sure.

Really think Proctor is a problem waiting to happen? First I've really heard of this
First of all, the OL is a unit. One superstar on a line with 4 other mediocre players isn’t gonna make a big difference anyway. He can’t block 5 people.

Put him on a line with Ike Boettger, Austin Blythe, and James Daniels and you might have something, but not this wet blanket OL.

2nd, think of all the negative shitty distractions when Fant was here with his family bitching on social media. She’s already starting and her kid's not even coming here. It’d be worse than that. Saban and Alabama are big enough that if mom started to be an annoyance they could just dial up another five star and just ignore mom. In Iowa those things turn into drama.

Do not want.

First of all, the OL is a unit. One superstar on a line with 4 other mediocre players isn’t gonna make a big difference anyway. He can’t block 5 people.

Put him on a line with Ike Boettger, Austin Blythe, and James Daniels and you might have something, but not this wet blanket OL.

2nd, think of all the negative shitty distractions when Fant was here with his family bitching on social media. She’s already starting and her kid's not even coming here. It’d be worse than that. Saban and Alabama are big enough that if mom started to be an annoyance they could just dial up another five star and just ignore mom. In Iowa those things turn into drama.

Do not want.
The first part of your post makes no sense. Our O line is so bad a great player won't help?! So what's the answer...more mediocre players? One only has to look at the loss of Linderbaum to see that one guy can make a significant difference. I've never heard any team or coach say we don't want a star player...he won't help.

The more I'm reading the more I see what you're saying about his Mom. Fant part II would not be good.

Sounds like he may be a 2-year player anyway. One thing I am curious about, in all the highlights the guys he's blocking are clearly overmatched. Will he look as good against P5 talent?

The first part of your post makes no sense. Our O line is so bad a great player won't help?! So what's the answer...more mediocre players? One only has to look at the loss of Linderbaum to see that one guy can make a significant difference. I've never heard any team or coach say we don't want a star player...he won't help.
Our OL is so astoundingly bad, I truly don't think one superstar is going to make a big difference. Say he's at LT, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to load the right side or vice versa. We don't have anything to compliment Proctor. Like I said, the OL is a unit, if half of it is weak sauce it's not going to make a difference and it's easy to adjust for.

The more I'm reading the more I see what you're saying about his Mom. Fant part II would not be good.

Sounds like he may be a 2-year player anyway. One thing I am curious about, in all the highlights the guys he's blocking are clearly overmatched. Will he look as good against P5 talent?

He is 6'7 and 330 lbs. with very good athleticism for a kid that size. You could plug him in at right tackle, day 1 and at minimum he would be serviceable. He is just as good as Plumb is right now.

Well just seeing a few tweets that are confirming the flip to Alabama. Ya I'm pissed. I imagine angry tweet or other expression. But not doing that.

If you take all the angry birds on twitter and put them in Kinnick, you'd probably find it hard to spot them. but on twitter it seems like a lot of people.

Proctor just made it official on Twitter.

We can officially disrespect him and hope that his career fizzles out into nothing and that his mom still ends up having to work for a living like the rest of us.

Eff him.

Proctor just made it official on Twitter.

We can officially disrespect him and hope that his career fizzles out into nothing and that his mom still ends up having to work for a living like the rest of us.

Eff him.

I wished he could have just did this in June. It leaves the Iowa coaching staff in scramble mode. You have Richman, Colby and who the F knows if Jones is a guard or a center. Figuring out that right side now becomes a huge challenge.

This is not good no matter how you look at it. Really bad timing with everything. You have a head coach hire his son as the offensive coordinator and the offense goes to shit. Now we lose one of the nations top recruits………… supposedly because the offense is rancid.

A big problem is that developmental schools under NIL have just been made secondary programs. The only way out of this mess is for Iowa to totally change the mode of operation.

Can any of us imagine Old Mule Kirk doing that???

As things stand we are screwed as a football program. Every time Iowa starts to DEVELOP a player the money schools can just come in and buy them up. You can’t stop it from happening.

Your only hope is for Iowa to fight fire with fire. Having Kirk and Brian here is like having wet matches.

Look at what has been going on here for twenty years. The money people that make the decisions on how this program operates have been happy with 8-4, 7-5 seasons. No conference championships since 2004. That’s going on 19 years.

Do you really think these fuddy duds are going to want to pony up millions of dollars to buy players all of the sudden???

There is going to have to be a size mic shift in mindset at Kinnick kingdom. Now it is possible with the expansion of the conference and with the Big Ten Network that hundreds of millions of dollars could come to all the schools in the Big Ten Conference to help finance the players?

Even so will Kirk and Brian’s DEVELOPMENTAL mindset work?? Seriously??? Keep in mind even if they develop any player at any position the money teams can just come in and buy them up.

What an effing train wreck.
Yawn

That's a bummer I thought he would be a Hawk. Now you are looking at one dude, maybe two, out of the portal for offensive line help.

Last edited:
Another fake Hawkeye.

That is what I do not understand. I'd go to Iowa in a heartbeat at OL.

QB, receiver are the only two positions that I would hesitate on if I grew up a Hawk fan in Iowa and rooted for this team for my lifetime.

And yes one stud can help a line, an offense out bigtime. We already saw this last year.

Latest posts