This Is The Proctor Thread

Well, him signing to Alabama should be happening now. I think it was something like 8:30 or 8:45 a.m. when the signing was taking place.

Our OL is so astoundingly bad, I truly don't think one superstar is going to make a big difference. Say he's at LT, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to load the right side or vice versa. We don't have anything to compliment Proctor. Like I said, the OL is a unit, if half of it is weak sauce it's not going to make a difference and it's easy to adjust for.

You're better off having five average guys on the line than four superstars and one guy who flat out sucks. Remember that we put up 66 yards against Wisconsin when we had Alaric Jackson and Tristan Wirfs as our tackles and James Daniels at center. I'll be shocked if this kid is better than Tristan Wirfs.

There's a chance this kid is a generational talent. There's about a ten times better chance that he has nagging injuries and is really good but just never takes off. Like Dace Richardson. If Dace Richardson was at a program like Alabama in this regime he would have been cast aside like a used prophylactic. But at Iowa a guy like that will get a roaring ovation from the crowd on senior day. For all the "we are a family" bullshit going around there are programs that are actually like that and Alabama sure as shit ain't in that club.

42 and I was joking. I'd be surprised if they still did it that way.

There's an entire subset of the healthcare industry that still runs on "fax machines" due to some statute that was written in 1991 or some shit. I represented a company whose sole purpose was to streamline faxes using email programs and software that sold for close to a billion dollars.

Hear me out, this news helps land or flip a better Portal Olineman now that wasn't considering Iowa because besides Proctor, most of those guys are fairly entrenched next season. Iowa has a lot sell, and this might not even hurt that much short term.

Hear me out, this news helps land or flip a better Portal Olineman now that wasn't considering Iowa because besides Proctor, most of those guys are fairly entrenched next season. Iowa has a lot sell, and this might not even hurt that much short term.

Great in theory, but in reality pretty much every team that isn't in the top 8 right now has a need for linemen. Many of those teams are better destinations than Iowa and will probably have more money to throw around than Iowa.

Great in theory, but in reality pretty much every team that isn't in the top 8 right now has a need for linemen. Many of those teams are better destinations than Iowa and will probably have more money to throw around than Iowa.
I'll bet you Iowa gets a starter in the portal. I mean, all those top 8 teams need QB's and TE's too. Every team in the top 8 likely doesn't have quite the list of success on the OLine at the next level that Iowa has. I mean, the best OL of the last 2 decades just retired, Whirfs has to be considered the current best or one of the current best and Linderbaum has to considered on the of best up and comers. It's a good theory IMO because again, Iowa has a lot to sell to prospects. Oh, and they also have some extra money to go spend now that was allocated for KP.

Iowa also signed Trevor Lauck today, a 4 star OT. Iowa has a lot to sell when it comes to OL and if there's a position where we could lose a guy of KP caliber and not really have it make much of a mark, that's the spot. I realize Iowa was poor on OL this season, but they were relatively young and as of now, I haven't seen anyone bailing there.

“I just thought it was a better opportunity for me,” Proctor said. “It’s not about the money because if people knew about the money situation, then they wouldn’t be talking about it. But I want to play football at a prestigious school. (There’s) a lot of competition down there and ultimately it’s going to make me better.”

Proctor's choice has received plenty of backlash, with people taking to social media to criticize his decision. The high school football star said he has seen a lot of ugly comments.

"It made me feel bad a little bit but I can't tune in to that stuff," he said. "It's just mind-blowing that 40-year-olds, 50-year-olds are calling me the p-word and saying 'f-you,' I'm going to hell and stuff like that. It's just crazy to hear. But I don't give in to that stuff because if they were truly an Iowa fan then they wouldn't have been talking about that and they would have been happy for me to be going down to Alabama and representing the state of Iowa."

Literally one post previous to this you were celebrating Cade McNamara being a Hawk.

Iowa got Cade McNamara the same way Alabama got Proctor...all's fair in love and war.

You're talking out of both sides of your mouth. Can't have things both ways, man. You win some and you lose some, and getting McNamara was way more important than Proctor in terms of being able to make a difference.

Also, as a recovering NFL fan, if you think you're going to have more following that cesspool of primadonnas and come away from it smelling
Iowa followed the NIL rules with McNamara. I have no doubt about that.

I just listened to a great analysis by Dan Patrick on this issue. Players are getting paid before they sign their LOI. He knows what he’s talking about.

College football won’t work with this system. Only a few teams will prosper.

The NFL has rules. College football right now does not.

“I just thought it was a better opportunity for me,” Proctor said. “It’s not about the money because if people knew about the money situation, then they wouldn’t be talking about it. But I want to play football at a prestigious school. (There’s) a lot of competition down there and ultimately it’s going to make me better.”

Proctor's choice has received plenty of backlash, with people taking to social media to criticize his decision. The high school football star said he has seen a lot of ugly comments.

"It made me feel bad a little bit but I can't tune in to that stuff," he said. "It's just mind-blowing that 40-year-olds, 50-year-olds are calling me the p-word and saying 'f-you,' I'm going to hell and stuff like that. It's just crazy to hear. But I don't give in to that stuff because if they were truly an Iowa fan then they wouldn't have been talking about that and they would have been happy for me to be going down to Alabama and representing the state of Iowa."
I also read he felt he was "settling" at Iowa. I wish him the best, but he's being paid and being paid a lot. If you're willing to take the money and do what's best for you, just like ANY one of us would do, then you gotta be a grown up and deal with the fall out. If I accepted an offer for a job somewhere, went through the entire process and then the day before told them I was taking another job somewhere else... there would be downfall. I would make a lot people upset because there was a lot of wasted resources spent on getting me to take the job. I am sure a lot of unpleasant things would be said, thought and told about me. Those same personalities of 40/50 year old's in the great state of Alabama still exist and will probably be really easy on him if he doesn't produce or gasp, doesn't crack the starting line up and leaves in a couple years.

I hate that Iowa fans are stooping to that but it's the world we live in, unfortunately. As for making him better, I wonder if he ever talked to Tristan Wirfs? I think Tristan would say that Iowa did just fine in getting him to be the best player he could be at Iowa. He is probably the best right tackle in the NFL right now.

The thing with OL play is that it's only as strong as it's weakest link. Kadyn Proctor can't block both sides of the center and the rest of his supporting staff ain't gonna be all that great.

Proctor could also be a bust...

Every bit of his film is him pancaking 6' tall 275 lb (at most) high school kids who'll never even sniff community college ball. Maybe he'll be really good, but we know nothing about whether he can get the mental side of the game down or handle the speed that things will happen in the SEC or B1G.

Either way, people getting mad over this need to understand that one all star on an otherwise incompetent OL isn't going to add any wins to the schedule. He's only going to play two years anyway of he ends up being good.
I’m mad about the current system. It isn’t sustainable.

I don’t blame Proctor at all.

please start listening to San Patrick. He has a good handle on it

I hate that Iowa fans are stooping to that but it's the world we live in, unfortunately. As for making him better, I wonder if he ever talked to Tristan Wirfs? I think Tristan would say that Iowa did just fine in getting him to be the best player he could be at Iowa. He is probably the best right tackle in the NFL right now.
I seriously doubt any of them are actual Iowa fans and if they are, they aren't ones we'd want to claim.

The he "felt like he was settling" part from the git go really won't sit well either. He shoulda decommitted a heck of a lot sooner then the other day if that's true. The kid is just stepping all over Iowa now with this crap. The "if they were truly an Iowa fan" stuff is garbage too. Iowa fans have no obligation to root for him at Alabama or anywhere else. Especially not after he did what he did. Tweeting at him rude mean things is of course bad. But as far as feeling happy for him for stringing Iowas coaches and fans along and using them like he did for leverage... Naw he can get called out for that and not like it then. But he's gonna hear about it.

The he "felt like he was settling" part from the git go really won't sit well either. He shoulda decommitted a heck of a lot sooner then the other day if that's true. The kid is just stepping all over Iowa now with this crap. The "if they were truly an Iowa fan" stuff is garbage too. Iowa fans have no obligation to root for him at Alabama or anywhere else. Especially not after he did what he did. Tweeting at him rude mean things is of course bad. But as far as feeling happy for him for stringing Iowas coaches and fans along and using them like he did for leverage... Naw he can get called out for that and not like it then. But he's gonna hear about it.
Correct, as would any professional who behaved that way. He's a pro now. You won't see me tweeting at anyone like that, but this is the real world now my guy. If you do shitty business practices, whether you're doing what's best for you or not, be prepared to deal with the fall out. This is the real world not Rainbow Brite Land.... suck it up, you fucked over your home state employer - take it like man, welcome to being an adult.

Wirfs and Epenesa going against each other was certainly an Iron sharpening Iron kind of thing they had going.
If Van Ness comes back next yr ( I think he is) you can't tell me Bama has anyone head and shoulders better then him to go against in practice.

Dude was just dancing around the $ topic. Screw him. He couldn't be honest with Iowas coaches so forget him.

Latest posts