Ballsy....I hope he is right

Oh, Oh ... that's KF doghouse material right there. Hope that doesn't have KF talking with Spencer about a possible year 6.

I listened to that POD and so yeah hearing him say that and explain his reasoning for picking Iowa it just makes sense. That's how he's wired. He kinda did that in HS already. Turned a down team into a great O. When he first got to Michigan remember the yr before last they weren't all that great at all. Then he did what all he did the next yr and kicked our ass in Indy. He wants that chip and needs that chip on his shoulder.

Before he committed I didn't think we'd get him. I mean I figured he'd have a ton of good options but he didn't even seem to consider other ones. He didn't mess around and bought what KF & BF were selling and that was that. So now he's bringing his TE ALL with him and we should be off and running.

I think we'll get Flipper Andersons kid to commit soon so that'll help. I have a hard on for the Te Slaa kid. His tape and overall size is really intriguing. I'm not as confident we'll get him though. His recruitment has skyrocketed even since he's visited us he's gotten some more offers. So he's not under the radar anymore.

View attachment 9662

From Cade's twitter page. Coming from him, he has the street cred......but he can't do it alone. I hope he knows for sure more help is on the way and a change in philosophy on offense.

Lol. I like it but I gotta think this stuff keeps KF up at night. Wonder if KF will try to tame him a bit on this stuff. I hope not as it's different having a vocal QB in the public. Kind of nice!

Did this kid qualify academically? Iowa is not the shittiest offense in college football. It is the second shittiest offense in college football. Eat shit New Mexico State.

I've been saying that the Iowa QB position could use some hutzpah since CJ left.

and now 24 minutes of 2021 highlights. YOu'll also see All's highlights too.

Cade and All need to hit the recruiting trail, too bad they couldn't talk Bruce out of leaving and Iowa taking a pass on the Alabama receiver (Oregon had no qualms) puts Iowa in a buyers market. Names being bandied about don't help. The fact that Iowa has two quality TE's again may not help as a selling point, as some receivers might actually see how Iowa spreads (or doesn't) spread the ball around. Be ready to go with what we got I guess, but damm I'd like to at least get some player with speed here.

Drew Tate, Ricky Stanzi, and CJ Beathard would have no problem with this. The end.
Tate was more fiery and visibly held other players accountable more than any other QB in recent memory, Beathard was the last gunslinger and Stanzi...well, he was the Manzi. It never looked like the other players ever thought they were out of a game with Ricky in there...like they just expected him to find a way. Five interceptions? No problem. Rick's got it. I think the staff got into his head for senior year, trying to improve his stats and draftability maybe. Maybe he asked them for it. Either way, he seemed to just have a little more hesitance to take risks and it seemed to hold him back.

I can almost hear the conversation between KF and Tate.

KF: Now Drew, it's really important that we protect the ball and grind this one out. We don't want to take any unnecessary risks out there. Got it?

DT: No problem Coach! Crystal clear.

KF: You're gonna go do what you want, aren't you?

DT: We've been winning, right?

KF: <sigh>

Last edited:
Tate was more fiery and visibly held other players accountable more than any other QB in recent memory, Beathard was the last gunslinger and Stanzi...well, he was the Manzi. It never looked like the other players ever thought they were out of a game with Ricky in there...like they just expected him to find a way. Five interceptions? No problem. Rick's got it. I think the staff got into his head for senior year, trying to improve his stats and draftability maybe. Maybe he asked them for it. Either way, he seemed to just have a little more hesitance to take risks and it seemed to hold him back.

I can almost hear the conversation between KF and Tate.

KF: Now Drew, it's really important that we protect the ball and grind this one out. We don't want to take any unnecessary risks out there. Got it?

DT: No problem Coach! Crystal clear.

KF: You're gonna go do what you want, aren't you?

DT: We've been winning, right?
I'm not going to go as far as say Kirk would rather lose his way than win someone else's. Hes won plenty of track meets in his career. But it's clear what brand of football he prefers. I will never forget his on field post-game in 2015 when Iowa beat Wisconsin in a 10-6 root canal. He gushed on and on to Holly Rowe or whoever it was about how he LUVS that kind of football.

He was lucky to win that day. Four picks and a QB fumble at the goal line saved his bacon.

Latest posts