The Middle Finger To That Wacky Coronavirus COVID-19 Game Thread

Right now calculating the mortality rate from Covid-19 is highly speculative simply because we don't have a very accurate number for the denominator, which is prevalence.

After several decades, we know that the mortality rate from the flu is about 0.1%. Early estimates on Covid-19 are 2-3%, but I think it's realistic to expect that number to go down as future testing reveals a higher prevalence.

Even when those numbers become more accurate moving forward, the actual mortality rate still will likely be less when factoring in that many people who get infected will never be tested due to mild or absent symptoms, and hence not added to the prevalence calculation.

When it all shakes out (probably 3-5 years), I expect the mortality rate to level off at around 0.5% - still considerably higher than the flu, but probably not a justification for wide spread panic.

Right now calculating the mortality rate from Covid-19 is highly speculative simply because we don't have a very accurate number for the denominator, which is prevalence.

After several decades, we know that the mortality rate from the flu is about 0.1%. Early estimates on Covid-19 are 2-3%, but I think it's realistic to expect that number to go down as future testing reveals a higher prevalence.

Even when those numbers become more accurate moving forward, the actual mortality rate still will likely be less when factoring in that many people who get infected will never be tested due to mild or absent symptoms, and hence not added to the prevalence calculation.

When it all shakes out (probably 3-5 years), I expect the mortality rate to level off at around 0.5% - still considerably higher than the flu, but probably not a justification for wide spread panic.

Also, I've been thinking. How many of the people that unfortunately die are so bad off that they most likely would have passed away in the next 2-3 months, anyway. Not that it is not a reason to take it seriously, but I wonder if many of these individuals was terminal.

Also, I've been thinking. How many of the people that unfortunately die are so bad off that they most likely would have passed away in the next 2-3 months, anyway. Not that it is not a reason to take it seriously, but I wonder if many of these individuals was terminal.
Or people that smoke 2 packs a day, never exercise, and make daily trips to Burger King, McD's, or Wendy's...

IL just announced that all bars and restaurants will be closed March 17 to the end of March.

Fry will be back sooner if that happens in Iowa.

tin-foil-index.jpg

IL just announced that all bars and restaurants will be closed March 17 to the end of March.

Fry will be back sooner if that happens in Iowa.
Want to cripple the economy? Cuz that's how you cripple the economy. Holy shit, Batman.

I'm going to make my own hand sanitizer. 3 parts Isopropyl alcohol 70%, 1 part Hydrogen Peroxide and 1 part Aleo Vera. If they don't have Isopropryl rubbing alcohol, I'm screwed!

I have not had luck making my own toilet paper, though!

I just did this and my home town grocery store had both the aloe gel and the 70% Isopropyl alcohol. If you find the 16 oz bottles of alcohol just mix the whole thing with a cup of aloe vera gel, then you can use the empty bottle to put most of it in. Get some lemon juice or an essential oil for fragrance if you want. I put some lemon juice in mine.

Screw those hoarders!!!

I'm going to make my own hand sanitizer. 3 parts Isopropyl alcohol 70%, 1 part Hydrogen Peroxide and 1 part Aleo Vera. If they don't have Isopropryl rubbing alcohol, I'm screwed!

I have not had luck making my own toilet paper, though!
I have plenty of gasoline left over from my snow blower, so I have been using that to sanitize my hands

Want to cripple the economy? Cuz that's how you cripple the economy. Holy shit, Batman.

We'll that's a discussion that would soon cause Rob to exercise his police authority. Think about it. You are rich and you know what the Govt policy is going to be. You are already filthy rich and you buy calls to make obscene amounts of money as stocks tank. Then you buy puts and do the same thing in reverse. Basically what transferred what about 15 percent of the wealth in the nation from pensions and 401k s of ordinary folks that hasn't been recovered since 08, but everyone is happy because due to low interest rates and Govt interventions everyone's portfolio on paper is doing OK....until now and when everyone is looking around thinking...what the heck...then the devaluation happens again.

You should watch China Hustle. You can find it on youtube. One of the featured is a guy (and his brothers) who are originally from a small Iowa town who have done just that. Not sure if they had Govt info, but they did have insider info on the companies they were merging with shadow Chinese companies.

Is this a part of wealth transfer again? no idea, but is sure has conspiracy theorists talking about it. Crippling the economy does have the potential to make some people even more rich. The filthy rich in the former Soviet Union basically did the same thing. Communism wasn't about ideology.It was about a small group of people controlling the masses and eventually raping the national wealth.

https://www.patriotledger.com/enter...ustle-reveals-financial-scam-you-wont-believe

MarketWatch (WSJ) headline right now:

The Fed
Fed, not waiting until meeting, slashes rates to zero and restarts QE

Now back to your regular panic. That is all.

Last edited:
We'll that's a discussion that would soon cause Rob to exercise his police authority. Think about it. You are rich and you know what the Govt policy is going to be. You are already filthy rich and you buy calls to make obscene amounts of money as stocks tank. Then you buy puts and do the same thing in reverse. Basically what transferred what about 15 percent of the wealth in the nation from pensions and 401k s of ordinary folks that hasn't been recovered since 08, but everyone is happy because due to low interest rates and Govt interventions everyone's portfolio on paper is doing OK....until now and when everyone is looking around thinking...what the heck...then the devaluation happens again.

You should watch China Hustle. You can find it on youtube. One of the featured is a guy (and his brothers) who are originally from a small Iowa town who have done just that. Not sure if they had Govt info, but they did have insider info on the companies they were merging with shadow Chinese companies.

Is this a part of wealth transfer again? no idea, but is sure has conspiracy theorists talking about it. Crippling the economy does have the potential to make some people even more rich. The filthy rich in the former Soviet Union basically did the same thing. Communism wasn't about ideology.It was about a small group of people controlling the masses and eventually raping the national wealth.

https://www.patriotledger.com/enter...ustle-reveals-financial-scam-you-wont-believe

MarketWatch (WSJ) headline right now:

The Fed
Fed, not waiting until meeting, slashes rates to zero and restarts QE

Now back to your regular panic. That is all.
Pritzker tried to let the inmates run the asylum. Now he says the time for persuasion and public appeals is over, that now is the time for action.

He has been at the forefront of gradually shutting things down and has been vocal about the lack of federal guidance.

Dr. Anthony Ginsberg, I mean Fauci, was all over every Sunday morning media show today. It remains to be seen if he will plea for privacy the way Ginsberg did during the Bill Clinton/Monica Lewinsky situation.

Pritzker tried to let the inmates run the asylum. Now he says the time for persuasion and public appeals is over, that now is the time for action.

He has been at the forefront of gradually shutting things down and has been vocal about the lack of federal guidance.

Dr. Anthony Ginsberg, I mean Fauci, was all over every Sunday morning media show today. It remains to be seen if he will plea for privacy the way Ginsberg did during the Bill Clinton/Monica Lewinsky situation.

IL is a lost case from way before this.

Latest posts