Talk of FSU and Clemson to Big 12.

ISU hasn't won a share of a conference title since splitting the MVAA in 1912.

Winning a conference title isn't even on that program's bucket list.

If we stay at 10(doubtful at this point) ISU will never ever win a conference title. Now if we go to 12 or 14 we have an outside shot with a title game. Should have made it to the game in 04 and 05. Even then the odds are slim.

He can match up well with great teams, provided their school suffered a catastrophic plane crash teh day before.
Ya Im sure when OSU was playing defense in the 1st and 2nd overtimes the loss of the womens basketball coach was the first thing on their minds. And when Woody carried it for 25 yards in the second OT, I am sure those guys riding on Woodys back for 5 yards a carry were thinking hmmm that womens coach was a major impact in my life, what was his name again? Excuses are like ******** they all stink. What about Texas the year before? And TTU?

Alright Im taking bets on how many years ISU fans hang onto that OSU victory like it was a National Title game. I'm gonna say 5-7 years.

Alright Im taking bets on how many years ISU fans hang onto that OSU victory like it was a National Title game. I'm gonna say 5-7 years.

I will easily say you can probably double/triple that number and what is wrong with that? It was the first time in our history we have beaten a team ranked in the top 2.

ISUer - why do you even try? You're talking about a major possible development for the Big 12 and you're getting crap back about a victory over #2 not meaning as much because they had a tragedy occur at the same time. Ignore it. We had a tragedy in 1991 and won a huge, huge game on the road. Your win against the other OSU was a huge win for the program, one of those that may be looked back on as a springboard for the next level. A division with WV, FSU the Kansas schools and maybe Miami would be very interesting.

It will be forgotten when we knock off OU or WV this year in Ames. And yes for the 4th year in a row, Rhoads will shock the college football world.

Last edited:
It will be forgotten when we knock off OU or WV this year in Ames. And yes for the 4th year in a row, Rhoads will shock the college football world.

They will prob do that and get 6 wins and fall to 6-7 after losing their bowl game and will come over here chest pumping saying they beat so and so. Their losing season doesnt matter because they spoiled someone else's season. Either way I dont have to honor my bet of running naked down Burlington street because they didnt win their conference or a BCS bowl game.

Texas wasn't a shock the football world.. neither was Nebby. It was a nice milestone for Iowa State, not the college football world.
OSU was the real one that shocked the college football world, basically "breaking" the BCS.
Just shut the hell up, you make yourself look like a fool! Swear to god you are Clones21

Last edited:
Texas wasn't a shock the football world.. neither was Nebby. Just shut the hell up, you make yourself look like a fool!
So with who we played without against Nebraska you would have predicted a win in Lincoln for the first time since 1977? If so you are a rich man. And then in Austin? I want you to be my bookie! Anymore no one is surprised with the shocking wins Rhoads pulls off, but at the both times, you cant say NU and Texas werent shockers.

Nebraska and Texas were bith shockers because no matter how mediocre those teams were at the time, Iowa State sucked worse.

So with who we played without against Nebraska you would have predicted a win in Lincoln for the first time since 1977? If so you are a rich man. And then in Austin? I want you to be my bookie! Anymore no one is surprised with the shocking wins Rhoads pulls off, but at the both times, you cant say NU and Texas werent shockers.

Look here Clones21...
Not winning in Lincoln is our own damn fault..we shoulda won there a lot more. It was a good.win for.Iowa State. What effect did it have on the college footnall.world? NOTHING
Texas.. they finished 5-7.. it was a good win at the time.since they were ranked. Then went in a tailspin after.
OSU..we all know what happened there

Look here Clones21...
Not winning in Lincoln is our own damn fault..we shoulda won there a lot more. It was a good.win for.Iowa State. What effect did it have on the college footnall.world? NOTHING
Texas.. they finished 5-7.. it was a good win at the time.since they were ranked. Then went in a tailspin after.
OSU..we all know what happened there
Well I guess everyone's opinion on those games I guess are in the eye of the beholder. As for the win Lincoln that it meant nothing to the college football world, you may remember this little clip

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAcKiMy0Gp4]Iowa State postgame lockeroom celebration vs. Nebraska (10-24-09) - YouTube[/ame]

It went viral across college football.

I say we just get the superconference mergers and acquisitions over and create 2 super conferences.

Combine Big Ten, SEC, Big 12, Big East, ACC, Pac 12, possibly the MWC and screw everyone else.

Name the Super Conference---Let's see Jim Delaney's a GENIUS when it comes to naming these things...we'll call it The HEROS!

The everybody else conference the WAC, Sun Belt, C-USA, MAC and the independents and since ND didn't join a conference they get an automatic bid as the at large team in an and 1 scenario. Call this conference the LOSERS! Nice job once again by Jim Delaney.

I say we just get the superconference mergers and acquisitions over and create 2 super conferences.Combine Big Ten, SEC, Big 12, Big East, ACC, Pac 12, possibly the MWC and screw everyone else.Name the Super Conference---Let's see Jim Delaney's a GENIUS when it comes to naming these things...we'll call it The HEROS!The everybody else conference the WAC, Sun Belt, C-USA, MAC and the independents and since ND didn't join a conference they get an automatic bid as the at large team in an and 1 scenario. Call this conference the LOSERS! Nice job once again by Jim Delaney.

Lmao genius ....

I say we just get the superconference mergers and acquisitions over and create 2 super conferences.

Combine Big Ten, SEC, Big 12, Big East, ACC, Pac 12, possibly the MWC and screw everyone else.

Name the Super Conference---Let's see Jim Delaney's a GENIUS when it comes to naming these things...we'll call it The HEROS!

The everybody else conference the WAC, Sun Belt, C-USA, MAC and the independents and since ND didn't join a conference they get an automatic bid as the at large team in an and 1 scenario. Call this conference the LOSERS! Nice job once again by Jim Delaney.

Superconferences aren't going to happen. Also, Jim Delany is brilliant.

He can match up well with great teams, provided their school suffered a catastrophic plane crash teh day before.

Sure didn't seem to bother them with Okie St was up 24-7 right Ghost?

Paul Rhodes is a magician. How else could he turn 5-7, 7-6, & 6-7 into $2 million/yr for the next 10 years!

18-20 > 11-24.... If CPR can keep the momentum building within the program, he deserves the contract extension. And it's Rhoads.

Texas and Nebby didn't shock the college fball world as the OSU game. You are an idiot for believing so. Those were milestones for the program, but nothing special with the rest of the CFB landscape. The OSU game on the other hand did.

Sometimes you gotta take off the cardinal and gold glasses. ISUer you are making ISU fans look bad.

Sour grapes. All four of those schools are better than TCU and WV.

In what capacity?

Because if you say "playing football" you're insane. Academically they're all better and they have larger markets, but in the field of play over recent years, its not even arguable.

Since 2006 TCU and WVU have won 4 BCS games and those schools don't have an appearance in one.

WVU/Clemson/FSU/TCU > A&M/Nebraska/Mizzou/CU

You guys are just ****** that the Big 12 isn't falling apart and ISU isn't getting left for dead.

Latest posts