Talk of FSU and Clemson to Big 12.

Interesting. If the ACC starts getting poached this may open up more opportunities for the B1G to grab a couple of them. VaTech and Maryland would be nice additions.

Texas will probably never come, but ND is a possiblity some day. If ND finally gives in and joins the Big 10, I'm sure the conference would bring in a 14th team even if it wasn't Texas.

I'm sorry, but why the Hell would anyone want Notre Dame in the Big 10? Their financial demands would be the only reason they'd be willing to join, and that in itself should disqualify them. It's been too many years for most of you younger Hawk fans, but not for me. I was at the game (early 50s) they faked the injuries to stop the clock (caused a rare NCAA rules change, calling it unsportsman like conduct). Guessing some will call that holding a grudge too long--but if you had been there you'd never be able to forget it either! Ok, I'll get down off my soap box now. But if you've been there??? Sorry, it's too big a grudge to let go. Down Papa, down!!

I'm sorry, but why the Hell would anyone want Notre Dame in the Big 10? Their financial demands would be the only reason they'd be willing to join, and that in itself should disqualify them. It's been too many years for most of you younger Hawk fans, but not for me. I was at the game (early 50s) they faked the injuries to stop the clock (caused a rare NCAA rules change, calling it unsportsman like conduct). Guessing some will call that holding a grudge too long--but if you had been there you'd never be able to forget it either! Ok, I'll get down off my soap box now. But if you've been there??? Sorry, it's too big a grudge to let go. Down Papa, down!!

That's pretty ridiculous...

I'm sorry Ghost. How old did you say you were?

What difference does that make? It is no less pathetic for me to hold a grudge from teh 90's about a sports game than it is for you to hold one from teh 50's.

The fact that you're old has nothing to do with the fact that your beef with Notre Dame is lame and sad.

I don't like ND either, but the amount of money the Big 10 could get from them joining would most likely be worth it. With that said, I am fine with the Big 10 at 12. I actually think ND thinks they are as relevant as they were 30 years ago, so they will continue to turn their noses up at all other conferences until there is no other choice.

I'm sorry Ghost. How old did you say you were?

What difference does that make? It is no less pathetic for me to hold a grudge from teh 90's about a sports game than it is for you to hold one from teh 50's.

The fact that you're old has nothing to do with the fact that your beef with Notre Dame is lame and sad.

I find your responses to be interesting. When you tune in to a game on TV between teams not including Iowa, do you not have a favorite to win? And if you do, why? And if you don't, why? I am not just arguing to be obnoxious, I am always interested in how others think, and why?

I don't like ND either, but the amount of money the Big 10 could get from them joining would most likely be worth it. With that said, I am fine with the Big 10 at 12. I actually think ND thinks they are as relevant as they were 30 years ago, so they will continue to turn their noses up at all other conferences until there is no other choice.

Yeah, unfortunately I think you are right. MONEY almost always talks.

Money does almost always talk and sometimes it's not all bad. Think about all of the kids that have an opportunity to participate in college athletics because Iowa is fortunate enough to play in the Big 10. There are other schools on the state that have had to cut programs because they play in lesser conferences. But we all know there are plenty of downsides to taking actions for the sole purpose of generating more revenue. The question is, where do you draw the line?

Money does almost always talk and sometimes it's not all bad. Think about all of the kids that have an opportunity to participate in college athletics because Iowa is fortunate enough to play in the Big 10. There are other schools on the state that have had to cut programs because they play in lesser conferences. But we all know there are plenty of downsides to taking actions for the sole purpose of generating more revenue. The question is, where do you draw the line?

I couldn't agree more. And I certainly don't know where you draw the line.

Yes, it could potentially put ISU in a harder position to rise among the other teams in the conference. But this also further solidifies the conference, bumps up the pay through tv rights to the school, and could potentially open more of a recruiting ground in Florida as well.

I think a lot of the "excitement" by ISU fans is the mere fact that instead of worrying about where we are going to end up in the realignment talk, we get to be on the opposite side in safety because its about teams are coming to the Big XII.

You lost Nebraska, A&M, Missouri, and Colorado, and brought in TCU and WV. really great trade.

You lost Nebraska, A&M, Missouri, and Colorado, and brought in TCU and WV. really great trade.

Once they add Cincinnati and Louisville, the crappy trade will be complete. But if they got FSU, it wouldnt be nearly as ******. Despite the news today, I still don't think it's happening.

Nebby and Mizzou are really the only schools that are missed. Colorado was far from anything to write home about, as was A&M currently. A&M still prides itself on its past and "tradition", but they can certainly go take their mason jars to the SEC cause they won't be missed.

Nebby and Mizzou are really the only schools that are missed. Colorado was far from anything to write home about, as was A&M currently. A&M still prides itself on its past and "tradition", but they can certainly go take their mason jars to the SEC cause they won't be missed.

Sour grapes. All four of those schools are better than TCU and WV.

I think some of your opinions are just wishful thinking. No way Cincy would ever be the 12th member and Louisville isn't going to be added to the Big 12 without somebody else that adds value.

I think some of your opinions are just wishful thinking. No way Cincy would ever be the 12th member and Louisville isn't going to be added to the Big 12 without somebody else that adds value.

I was being slightly sarcastic. I think the Big 12 will struggle to add another quality school. Maybe they can get BYU and Louisville. Best case scenario for them is to get FSU. Despite Jimbo's comments, I don't think it's happening. And to save Dwayne another post, he thinks it's not happening.

Latest posts