Talk of FSU and Clemson to Big 12.

I was being slightly sarcastic. I think the Big 12 will struggle to add another quality school. Maybe they can get BYU and Louisville. Best case scenario for them is to get FSU. Despite Jimbo's comments, I don't think it's happening. And to save Dwayne another post, he thinks it's not happening.

When the main guy of board of trustees of FSU say they will at least consider it. There is a chance. They are the ones that run the university.

When the main guy of board of trustees of FSU say they will at least consider it. There is a chance. They are the ones that run the university.

There is always a chance and I've been wrong before. If it happens, it's great for the Big 12 and puts more money in Iowa State's pocket. Good for them, but if I were a Clone fan imwouldvwant a weaker team to be the 12th member. What would the divisions look like if FSU and say BYU or Louisville joined?

One thing nobody has mentioned about this proposed addition. With the addition of FSU and Clemson, that would be two more fan bases actively making fun of the clones.

Stop acting like the Big 12 footprint and recruiting areas are teh same as Iowa state's footprint and recruiting areas. It doesn't matter who teh Big IX brings in, you'll still be in recruiting battles with South Dakota State and Eastern Michigan, and you'll still have exclusive broadcasting rights on Mediacom 22 and FSN Dakotas.

Good one! You got us.

One thing nobody has mentioned about this proposed addition. With the addition of FSU and Clemson, that would be two more fan bases actively making fun of the clones.

Not necessarily true. For all we know, teh fans of FSU and Clemson have no idea ISU even exists.

I would love to have Notre Dame in the Big Ten myself. The Golden Domers brought the inglorious nickname "The Fainting Irish" on themselves in 1953. I think after 60 years, we can let it go, at least to some degree. I believe it was Evy that pinned that moniker on them. They have certainly deserved more scorn for other incidents since that occurred, but I still think they would make a good addition to the conference.

Adding these teams will just make it that much harder for ISU to one day win a conference title.
A lot of Hawk fans also said losing Nebraska and Colorado would make it harder to go to bowl games, yet we head to a bowl the very next season after losing those teams. Will it be a tougher league? Sure. But we recruit heavily in Florida and it will help that out tremendously, also Rhoads has shown he can pretty much match up with teams with more talent as great coaching can beat great talent.

A lot of Hawk fans also said losing Nebraska and Colorado would make it harder to go to bowl games, yet we head to a bowl the very next season after losing those teams. Will it be a tougher league? Sure. But we recruit heavily in Florida and it will help that out tremendously, also Rhoads has shown he can pretty much match up with teams with more talent as great coaching can beat great talent.

ISU hasn't won a share of a conference title since splitting the MVAA in 1912.

Winning a conference title isn't even on that program's bucket list.

Last edited:

He can match up well with great teams, provided their school suffered a catastrophic plane crash teh day before.

He can match up well with great teams, provided their school suffered a catastrophic plane crash teh day before.
Ya Im sure when OSU was playing defense in the 1st and 2nd overtimes the loss of the womens basketball coach was the first thing on their minds. And when Woody carried it for 25 yards in the second OT, I am sure those guys riding on Woodys back for 5 yards a carry were thinking hmmm that womens coach was a major impact in my life, what was his name again? Excuses are like ******** they all stink. What about Texas the year before? And TTU?

Last edited:

Latest posts