Talk of FSU and Clemson to Big 12.

In what capacity?

Because if you say "playing football" you're insane. Academically they're all better and they have larger markets, but in the field of play over recent years, its not even arguable.

Since 2006 TCU and WVU have won 4 BCS games and those schools don't have an appearance in one.

WVU/Clemson/FSU/TCU > A&M/Nebraska/Mizzou/CU

You guys are just ****** that the Big 12 isn't falling apart and ISU isn't getting left for dead.

I am not ****** that the B12 isn't falling apart.

But dude, you need some perspective. TCU took advantage of an incredibly flawed BCS system where teams from weak conferences were able to run a very easy table. WVU got in because they were in a brutal auto-bid conference.

WVU got left on the curb when the ACC raided the BE. TCU only got their shot because the SEC raided the B12.

Now, Clemson and FSU are a different story. But the B12 will still have to pull a couple of teams to get back to where they were before the defections.

I could see them getting GTech, Miami, Wake and Duke or ND.

ND to the B12 makes sense because of the third tier TV rights deal for that conference.

I am not ****** that the B12 isn't falling apart.

But dude, you need some perspective. TCU took advantage of an incredibly flawed BCS system where teams from weak conferences were able to run a very easy table. WVU got in because they were in a brutal auto-bid conference.

WVU got left on the curb when the ACC raided the BE. TCU only got their shot because the SEC raided the B12.

Now, Clemson and FSU are a different story. But the B12 will still have to pull a couple of teams to get back to where they were before the defections.

I could see them getting GTech, Miami, Wake and Duke or ND.

ND to the B12 makes sense because of the third tier TV rights deal for that conference.

I realize that WVU and TCU got those bids due to weak schedules. Its what they did after they got the bid that impressed me. I also agree that the Big 12 will need a few more schools to get back to where they were. I'm just saying that WVU and TCU have done a lot more on the field recently than the Big 12 schools that left. Sure, they had either good tradition and/or large fanbases, but I'm just talking on-field success.

TCU and WVU demonstrated that they were very good teams by beating (and sometimes absolutely demolishing) conference champions from the Big 10, SEC, Big 12, and ACC. Do you think that any teams fielded by Mizzou/Aggie/CU/Nebraska would have gotten those results had they got into those games?

But then again, a lot of Big 10/Iowa fans don't seem to think head to head results are indicative of anything.

Gaining a little steam but idk why ISU fans are so excited .....just another team to put them further down the totem pole.

More money and presumably more security. I think most Iowa State fans (like me) want to remain in a top league regardless of how we finish in it. We're still holding out for the second coming of Earle Bruce and want to be in a major league when it happens.

I could ask the same thing about the B1G adding UNL. IIRC the parity in the B1G has been remarkable since PSU joined, correct? Adding a program like UNL puts another team in the mix with the ability to contend for the league championship and thus reduces UI's chances.

The B1G should have added a non-threatening athletic program with no TV value and the ability to partner in research with CIC institutions (which it's already doing).

TCU and WVU demonstrated that they were very good teams by beating (and sometimes absolutely demolishing) conference champions from the Big 10, SEC, Big 12, and ACC. Do you think that any teams fielded by Mizzou/Aggie/CU/Nebraska would have gotten those results had they got into those games?

But then again, a lot of Big 10/Iowa fans don't seem to think head to head results are indicative of anything.

Not calling you out but this is exactly what a lot of us ISU fans say about teams like BSU, Utah (before the crushed us) and formerly TCU..."Play a Big XII grind and we'll see just how good you are." And honestly I agree with that. We're going to find out how good TCU is...

Not calling you out but this is exactly what a lot of us ISU fans say about teams like BSU, Utah (before the crushed us) and formerly TCU..."Play a Big XII grind and we'll see just how good you are." And honestly I agree with that. We're going to find out how good TCU is...

Next year is a terrible year for TCU to come into the conference. They will be way down. I don't think it's indictive of how good of a team they've been over the last decade.

So with who we played without against Nebraska you would have predicted a win in Lincoln for the first time since 1977? If so you are a rich man. And then in Austin? I want you to be my bookie! Anymore no one is surprised with the shocking wins Rhoads pulls off, but at the both times, you cant say NU and Texas werent shockers.

It's a shocker to you, because no one else cares.

More hawk butt hurt because the Big 12 did not die and looks to get paid with adding some quality members.

But you guys don't care........

More hawk butt hurt because the Big 12 did not die and looks to get paid with adding some quality members.

But you guys don't care........

No, not butt hurt at all. The more money funneling into Iowa State from outside revenue sources means no public funding is getting used.

No, not butt hurt at all. The more money funneling into Iowa State from outside revenue sources means no public funding is getting used.

Isu AD hasn't received public funding in a few years.

U do know Iowa received public funding for many years as well, right?

Latest posts