Steve Alford new coach at UCLA

Okay seriously, thats funny stuff. you can't write this stuff its so good. Get me a couch, some pop and some nachos and i will just sit back and enjoy. UCLA thank you for further proving how far you have fallen. This is a hire when conjoined with the fire, that makes no sense. Hehe.

For the record, people shouldn't compare Alford's time here to what he can do at UCLA. You have to know they have the resources and geography to make the job much much easier.

Haha I hope they enjoy losing in the round of 64 every single year

Again...

Think of how hard it is to get talent to commit to Iowa City, Iowa as opposed to Los Angeles, California.

Comparing what he did here has nothing to do what he can do at a school in California. We're talking about a school that produces the likes of Reggie Miller, Russel Westbrook, Kevin Love, Darren Collison etc. to a school whose best players in recent years are Reggie "nut slapper" Evans and Ricky "triple double off my own backboard" Davis.

SIAP, but remember this gem?...."Steve Alford couldn't lead a whore to bed."-Bob Knight

Knight has never said anything more true.

A lack of fortitude, arrogance or ego won't be what keeps Alf from succeding. He has two of those in spades.

I think Alford could be a huge success with the Bruins, or a huge bust. Nothing in between IMHO.

He knows if he is a bust, he will be another Todd Lickliter for life. If he's highly successful at UCLA, then he could coach another 15 years and eventually pick up 700 career wins.

But he will always be judged by his NCAA record. At age 48 and with only 5 wins in The Dance, he has a lot of catching up to do to be highly regarded as a head coach and build a decent legacy.

Wow... this is how far we've fallen. We get our jollies off due to New Mexico's misfortune. No wonder relevant teams around the country don't take us seriously in football and basketball.
Yes, it's because somebody on a fan forum made a comment. What a relief this will be to KF and FM.:rolleyes:

I refuse to join in this destructive criticism. Alford is a good man and I am sure he wanted to win at Iowa more than most posters on here. Every man has times when things don't work the way you want. I believe this is a great opportunity for him and I am sure he will do a good job at UCLA. I can understand why he feels he has to take this opportunity while it is open.

I refuse to join in this destructive criticism. Alford is a good man and I am sure he wanted to win at Iowa more than most posters on here. Every man has times when things don't work the way you want. I believe this is a great opportunity for him and I am sure he will do a good job at UCLA. I can understand why he feels he has to take this opportunity while it is open.

If you take away the whole PP thing, then maybe, just maybe you have a point. As it stands Alford has proven himself a POS through his own actions and words.

I'm sorry, but I genuinely do not consider Steve Alford a good man, based solely on his own words and deeds over the years. I don't think he's a horrible person either, but let's just say I'll be a sad father if either my sons grows up to treat people the way Steve does.

That is my opinion, I could be wrong.

As for UCLA, for those who think it's so easy to win there, Ben Howland says "hello".

I assume you sat near the Alfords in church when he was at Iowa. I can not think of any other reason for you to think he is a good man.

For the record, people shouldn't compare Alford's time here to what he can do at UCLA. You have to know they have the resources and geography to make the job much much easier.

He's lost as a 3-seed in the first round twice. The way he's lost such games seems to have a pattern to it.

He didn't flop in the tournament because Iowa and UNM lacked resources. He flopped because he's not that good of a coach, particularly when the pressure's on.

Oh wow! You seriously have no clue defending a low life like Alfraud.

Wow... this is how far we've fallen. We get our jollies off due to New Mexico's misfortune. No wonder relevant teams around the country don't take us seriously in football and basketball.

Go visit the Lobos site and see how they feel about us.

Latest posts