Steve Alford new coach at UCLA

Oh no, if everything is as egregious as was claimed on these boards, he probably could have been fired for cause and it wouldn't have cost the school a nickel. I know the crowds got sparse under Alford and everybody said it was because they hated Alford, but my recollection was that we had quite a few sellouts in the 2005-2006 season when we had a pretty good team. Seems to me like we had a lot of fair weather fans.
Remind me again how far Alfraud took that team in the NCAA tournament. Sweet 16? Elite Eight? Who knocked us out? Duke? UConn? Florida? North Carolina?

Oh no, if everything is as egregious as was claimed on these boards, he probably could have been fired for cause and it wouldn't have cost the school a nickel. I know the crowds got sparse under Alford and everybody said it was because they hated Alford, but my recollection was that we had quite a few sellouts in the 2005-2006 season when we had a pretty good team. Seems to me like we had a lot of fair weather fans.

Programs always have their fair share of fair weather fans and Iowa is no exception . There will be so called fans wanting to run Fran off if we finish in the middle of the pack in the Big next year. Be careful what you ask for or you'll find yoursrelf in a similar situation to what Minnesota is going thru right now. Hopefully Fran is here for many more years !

Programs always have their fair share of fair weather fans and Iowa is no exception . There will be so called fans wanting to run Fran off if we finish in the middle of the pack in the Big next year. Be careful what you ask for or you'll find yoursrelf in a similar situation to what Minnesota is going thru right now. Hopefully Fran is here for many more years !

Will I be a fair weather fan if I am not happy the Hawks end up back in the NIT next season?

Hopefully this will be the last round of bashing and we can move on... Alford seems to be like that girlfriend that we had that we never really liked and we finally get rid of her by her decision... Then despite our good fortune, we continue to wonder who she's dating? Is she happier with her new boyfriend? Wondering if she broke up, and who her new boyfriend is going to be? Let's realize we are fortunate were still not dating the bi%&h and realize we have a hot girlfriend now... I don't want to spend anymore time or energy on this dude!

LOL........killer analogy.

FreedComanche

What a sleeze all. Ten days after committing to the lobos for ten years he backs out to get the next big pay day. Integrity? I think not. Him and Sabin have a lot in common other than winning.

It is a good analogy, and it was Alford's actions that were offensive.

If the employers can look at your records and they see pattern of pretending to stay committed to company while youre looking for another job. Wouldn't that stop them from hiring you?You know...

Seems like more Hawk fans are having more trouble with this than Lobo fans.

Most Lobo fans are wishing him good luck and thanking him for his years and then asking who the next coach is because the Lobos will have a strong team next season.

Most Lobo fans are wishing him good luck and thanking him for his years and then asking who the next coach is because the Lobos will have a strong team next season.

Not surprising; he left their program in a better position than when he arrived. On the other hand, he crashed our program into a tree and then blamed us for not having better air bags.

too soon. just wait. we were all delighted to see Alford leave. we just also now wish him ill will wherever he goes.

Meh. Flavor of the month, gimmick offense.
I don't disagree with this. It is a gimmick offense, but I'm not sure USC didn't upstage UCLA. They are two contrasting offenses and it will be interesting to see who has more success. We'll know in a few years.

GO HAWKS!!!

If you have a good am radio they are hammering on Alford and the comments he just made blaming Iowa for what happened in the PP incident.

670 the score

Latest posts