State Tourney: Updates

Eric May was well put together in high school. He was the starting QB at Dubuque Wahlert throwing for over 2,000 yards and leading the team in rushing with 850 yards as well his senior year. Here he is hitting the game winning shot in the State Tournament 10 years ago! Ironically, on the game winning shot, he is the receiver instead of the thrower.

Love that shot. DIdn't he play on the same team as the other three point sniper on the team.....

Eric May was one of my favorite Hawks. He brought the house down at times with his athletic dunks. We have had some powerhouse dunk shot artists.: Sir Jamalot, Roy Marble, Doug Thomas and Tyler Cook.....

Loved Eric's last play in college in the championship game in the NIT against Baylor. They were a dirty, nasty team. There was a scramble for the ball with time running out. Some Baylor punk was fighting with May for the ball and Eric threw him on the floor and with time out, stomped on his chest on his way to the bench.....

Oh, Yes.....

:cool:

Love that shot. DIdn't he play on the same team as the other three point sniper on the team.....

Eric May was one of my favorite Hawks. He brought the house down at times with his athletic dunks. We have had some powerhouse dunk shot artists.: Sir Jamalot, Roy Marble, Doug Thomas and Tyler Cook.....

Loved Eric's last play in college in the championship game in the NIT against Baylor. They were a dirty, nasty team. There was a scramble for the ball with time running out. Some Baylor punk was fighting with May for the ball and Eric threw him on the floor and with time out, stomped on his chest on his way to the bench.....

Oh, Yes.....

Jeff Moe potential right there...

Wow on the not debatable part. What athletic traits is May better at? Jumping? Quickness? Weiskamp is at better jumper than May. I'm not sure about quickness. But with the ball, Weiskamp is quicker and it's not even debatable.

Let me backtrack for real this time. Weiskamp is the most basketball related athletic white guy I've ever seen in person. It's hard to tell on the basketball court who would win at the NFL combine.
Did you bump your head? Eric May was a much better athlete than Weiskamp. May could jump higher and was quicker. I remember May taking off near the FT line and crushing it! He just wasn't as good of a basketball player as Weiskamp.

West is trash. Less than impressed with McCaffery

Cedar Falls is certainly the best team on the floor by far.....

IC West has no continutity at all. Stagnant on offense due mostly to CF defense.....

PMac definitely hasn't been dominating this game.....

I like that Wolf kid on Cedar Falls......

AJ Green is the goods. We could have used him this season.....

Did you bump your head? Eric May was a much better athlete than Weiskamp. May could jump higher and was quicker. I remember May taking off near the FT line and crushing it! He just wasn't as good of a basketball player as Weiskamp.
Like Gatens, May lost much of his career to rotten timing in the cesspool that was Iowa basketball at the last coaching transition. If it wasn't for Matt and Eric and Jarryd Cole we might of just as well ended the program.

Latest posts