State Tourney: Updates

That's pretty funny. The rotations would be a horrific shit show.

Well he didn't go 13 deep this year, so my guess is he wouldn't go 15 deep if he had the chance. (I know I would go 15 deep if I could) Choosing the best 12 out of 15 players is more than likely going to make you better than choosing the best 12 of 13 players.

He was 14 when he got cancer. I was one of the thinnest kids in my class as a sophomore, then there were rumors of me taking steroids as a junior just because I started working out and got bigger. If I got cancer at 14, odds are I would have still been rail thin as a junior. Those are important years for maturing.

Look at a picture of Connor at 14 and a picture of Patrick at 14. It's night and day difference.

Look at a picture of Connor at 14 and a picture of Patrick at 14. It's night and day difference.

I'm not saying it isn't . I'm certainly not saying Patrick would be huge. I'm saying the odds of him being that small if he didn't have cancer is extremely small. He will probably grow more than your average rail thin 18 year old because of it.

What are you saying? That a kid who has cancer at 14 wouldn't still be showing the affects of it at 18? If so, your extremely underestimating going through something like that at that stage in your life. 14-16 is a pretty critical growing stage. Not many people go the wrong direction during those years. It's pathetic that a hatred for a coach can make someone argue against something like this. "I hate Fran so I don't believe cancer affects kids".

I'm not saying it isn't . I'm certainly not saying Patrick would be huge. I'm saying the odds of him being that small if he didn't have cancer is extremely small. He will probably grow more than your average rail thin 18 year old because of it.

What are you saying? That a kid who has cancer at 14 wouldn't still be showing the affects of it at 18? If so, your extremely underestimating going through something like that at that stage in your life. 14-16 is a pretty critical growing stage. Not many people go the wrong direction during those years. It's pathetic that a hatred for a coach can make someone argue against something like this. "I hate Fran so I don't believe cancer affects kids".

I don't understand how you are coming to this conclusion at all. I never said his cancer didn't have an effect on his ability to put on weight but I also think he could be the same size even if he didn't have cancer. You're the one making up false blanket statements like saying he will have an easier time gaining weight now like your his doctor.

I wish they'd do away with the consolation game. Who wants to play in that?
The NCAA finally got rid of it quite a few years ago.

Money grab by the state to get tickets, parking and concessions one more time from the teams fans who come to watch. That's all it is.

I don't know his age...I think long term...he has the game and body type to to be unique in college and pro...lots of upside... 3-5 years of strength, etc.

Shot needs work..I see his size and mobility and passing as above average assets...

He isn't a pure scorer...someone who can make other players better...a team game...difficult match up

Will see in 4-5 years how it plays out...

Shot needs work..I see his size and mobility and passing as above average assets...

He isn't a pure scorer...someone who can make other players better...a team game...difficult match up

6'8 175 lbs isn't an asset especially because he's a below average shooter.

So he shoots like he's been playing 6 on 6 girls basketball and his dad is his future coach and he's gonna wotk on his shot?

I played in it as well. We won, but didn't care at all and neither did the fans that actually showed up. Its a really stupid game.

Agree with you guys, players don't care, but parents and family feel obligated to show up and watch. Thus nothing more than a money grab for the IHSAA. I watched one a couple years ago and it turned in to a dang football game on the court. Never seen anything like it. It seemed like the refs were told unless there was blood don't call a foul as we just want to get this game over with quickly because we already have everyone's money.

I don't understand how you are coming to this conclusion at all. I never said his cancer didn't have an effect on his ability to put on weight but I also think he could be the same size even if he didn't have cancer. You're the one making up false blanket statements like saying he will have an easier time gaining weight now like your his doctor.

My brother-in-law got cancer when he was in his 40's. He's been clean ever since the treatments ended, over 10 years. It took him about 3 years to get back to his weight before cancer. He is currently only about 10 pounds over his pre-cancer weight.

Latest posts