State Tourney: Updates

After watching the 3A title game and now this.... the 3A game was so much better.

Credit to Cedar Falls as their zone defense in slowing down the game and being effective.

But I wonder if a shot clock change is enough. The NBA of course has the defensive 3 second call which hasn’t even made it to the NCAA I’m sure it’s no where near the high school level.

But I do wander if perhaps adding a shot clock and the Defensive 3 second would be the key to forcing teams to play man defense and a combo of both could improve scoring and flow of the game.

I wish they'd do away with the consolation game. Who wants to play in that?
The NCAA finally got rid of it quite a few years ago.

Did you bump your head? Eric May was a much better athlete than Weiskamp. May could jump higher and was quicker. I remember May taking off near the FT line and crushing it! He just wasn't as good of a basketball player as Weiskamp.

He wasn't quicker with the ball. Not sure if he could jump higher or not. But I really doubt he had the ability to jump, land, then quick jump again like Wieskamp.

So, y'all back to agreeing with me that PMac is overrated?
I don’t think he’s anywhere close to a top 30 kid and I’ve been saying it for quite some time.

If he were that good he should absolutely dominate at the Iowa high school level. Sounds like he’s just probably the best player on a pretty good team, but nothing more.

You should see a doctor.

Like I said before. I saw more basketball athleticism in one game from Wieskamp than I saw in a 4 year college career from May. If you're not good enough at basketball to be able to display your athleticism, then how am I supposed to know how athletic you are?

Glenwood beats Osky in 3A Title game.

Well officiated contest and a fun game to watch.
Either one of those teams would have beat West. And nearly 50-50 against Falls.

The three first games were entertaining.

Best play of the day was GV Christian kid getting a lob as he’s running from corner to under basket and while facing away from hoop slams the ball backwards over his head.

All six teams in those games had a better understanding of defense positioning, played harder than all but last 2-3 games of the Hawks.

The 6’11” sophomore from Oskaloosa, Foster, was unimpressive. Glenwood made him look average. He must have done something the two prior games to earn all-tourney because for being that big you didn’t see him much.

The crowd for the 3A game was raucous and Glenwood’s student section was heads above any other fan base. The two 1A schools had larger crowds than IC West. Not a good look.

PatMac was unimpressive.
To be fair, I had no idea what the West’s offense plan was.

Dribble at top of key. Throw it around the arc. Back to key for more dribbling. Then drive lane to force defense to collapse and pass to wing who isn’t on wing but has shot down to low post baseline to get the pass and have a 7 year old soccer scrum in the lane. Nobody outside the arc to pass to. It was pathetic. That was first half. Left at half.

Still not impressed with The Well.

Like I said before. I saw more basketball athleticism in one game from Wieskamp than I saw in a 4 year college career from May. If you're not good enough at basketball to be able to display your athleticism, then how am I supposed to know how athletic you are?

I hate to side with the troll here but Eric May was very athletic man, more athletic than Joe I would imagine.

I think the excitement of seeing Joe in person has led you in to thinking, which is good, I’m excited for Joe too. I don’t think that Joe’s calling card in necessarily athleticism, it’s more his blend of size, shooting and athleticism. There will be plenty of guys at the college level more athletic than Joe, but I suspect Joe will be a better basketball player than the vast majority of them.

I hate to side with the troll here but Eric May was very athletic man, more athletic than Joe I would imagine.

I think the excitement of seeing Joe in person has led you in to thinking, which is good, I’m excited for Joe too. I don’t think that Joe’s calling card in necessarily athleticism, it’s more his blend of size, shooting and athleticism. There will be plenty of guys at the college level more athletic than Joe, but I suspect Joe will be a better basketball player than the vast majority of them.
Your mother is a troll. Bad teeth, hairy back, leathery skin. Definitely a troll. She's got a great personality, though.

Latest posts