State Tourney: Updates

Eric May was by far more athletic than Wieskamp. That's not even debatable.

You said: "He's probably the most athletic white guy I've ever seen in person."
Now, it's just high school games in Iowa and Hawkeye games. #backtracking

You specifically asked what events I've seen in person. I answered your question. How is that backtracking?

Eric May was by far more athletic than Wieskamp. That's not even debatable.

You said: "He's probably the most athletic white guy I've ever seen in person."
Now, it's just high school games in Iowa and Hawkeye games. #backtracking

Wow on the not debatable part. What athletic traits is May better at? Jumping? Quickness? Weiskamp is at better jumper than May. I'm not sure about quickness. But with the ball, Weiskamp is quicker and it's not even debatable.

Let me backtrack for real this time. Weiskamp is the most basketball related athletic white guy I've ever seen in person. It's hard to tell on the basketball court who would win at the NFL combine.

Well that depends. Is he of Spaniard descent?

Not sure. I don't know his family. There are Hispanics here in Muscatine that can trace their families to Venezuela, Mexico, Honduras, Costa Rica, Spain and Argentina.

You specifically asked what events I've seen in person. I answered your question. How is that backtracking?
You didn't say those were the only games you've seen in person. You said: "I'm just going off high school games in Iowa and Iowa Hawkeye games."
If that's all you've seen, then fine lol.

You didn't say those were the only games you've seen in person. You said: "I'm just going off high school games in Iowa and Iowa Hawkeye games."

I see the confusion. I didn't word it great.

So what about Eric May is more athletic? Stuff that would stand out on a basketball court?

Eric May was by far more athletic than Wieskamp. That's not even debatable

Eric was definitely a rare combination of size strength and athleticism. He could also jump out of the gym. I still don't like to black and white things down to a singularity. I would say there is fair comparison between Joe and Eric as far as speed and jumping goes. Joe can not now and maybe never be as big and strong as Eric was though.

Oh if Eric could have only learned to shoot the ball well. He would still be playing in the NBA.

Wow on the not debatable part. What athletic traits is May better at? Jumping? Quickness? Weiskamp is at better jumper than May. I'm not sure about quickness. But with the ball, Weiskamp is quicker and it's not even debatable.

Let me backtrack for real this time. Weiskamp is the most basketball related athletic white guy I've ever seen in person. It's hard to tell on the basketball court who would win at the NFL combine.
I'll give you that Wieskamp is quicker with the ball. Have you seen Eric May play in person or not?

So what about Eric May is more athletic? Stuff that would stand out on a basketball court?
May is a better jumper. Not debatable.
May's lateral quickness on defense was quicker. Not debatable.
May was faster sprinter. Might be debatable.

Not sure. I don't know his family. There are Hispanics here in Muscatine that can trace their families to Venezuela, Mexico, Honduras, Costa Rica, Spain and Argentina.

Right. Hispanics from Mexico or South America usually can trace lineage to Spanish or Meso American cultures (like Aztecs, Mayans or Native Americans. The Spanish lineage is of course comprised of a different haplotype. Therefore making a large Hispanic population with a dominant genetic makeup of "white" people.

May is a better jumper. Not debatable.
May's lateral quickness on defense was quicker. Not debatable.
May was faster sprinter. Might be debatable.

Quickness I'm not going to debate. Jumping though....? Without definitive proof of testing I am going to debate and say they are to comparable to differentiate. Strength? No brainer this category goes to Eric.

Quickness I'm not going to debate. Jumping though....? Without definitive proof of testing I am going to debate and say they are to comparable to differentiate. Strength? No brainer this category goes to Eric.
Basically, Eric May was an athletic freak that lacked ball handling and shooting skills. I remember a lot of people saying he should have played tight end instead of basketball. Remember that?

Basically, Eric May was an athletic freak that lacked ball handling and shooting skills. I remember a lot of people saying he should have played tight end instead of basketball. Remember that?

Yup. Same thing we say about Wagner now. Who is himself a freak athlete with out the inherent basketball instincts.

Eric May have been a better athlete, but if you can't display your athleticism on the court, you can see how someone could think someone is more athletic who can display it on the court. "I've never seen a better white athlete on the court" to me means someone who displays their athleticism. Due to May's limited basketball ability, he couldn't really display it much.

And I wouldn't be overly surprised if May could win a vertical leap competition. But if there was a competition that measured quick leaping ability or the ability to jump, land, then jump again quickly, I would be really surprised if May could win.

And i have seen May play in person. He never stood out as athletic while watching tho. Even tho I know he's a freak. He has stood out on tv here and there obviously. The 2 handed drive dunk that Weiskamp did last night looked crazier than anything I've ever seen May do, on tv or in person. I never did see one of his crazy dunks in person tho so I don't know how that would have looked. I saw the replay of the 2 handed dunk of Weiskamp's and it wasn't near as cool as it was live.

Also the was Weiskamp flew throufh the air on defense to contest shots was something i never saw from May. Maybe it was due to his incredibly long arms. I don't know, but it looked really cool.

And i have seen May play in person. He never stood out as athletic while watching tho. Even tho I know he's a freak. He has stood out on tv here and there obviously. The 2 handed drive dunk that Weiskamp did last night looked crazier than anything I've ever seen May do, on tv or in person. I never did see one of his crazy dunks in person tho so I don't know how that would have looked. I saw the replay of the 2 handed dunk of Weiskamp's and it wasn't near as cool as it was live.

Who pisses further between the 2 makes no difference to me. My point is they are on a similar athletic plane. Obviously Wieskamp is a better basketball player lol. Eric May was a freak athlete because of the size and strength combined with the speed and leaping ability. Joe is a little less freakish because he does not possess the frame that Eric had, but Joe is absolutely no slouch in speed with a basketball and hops.

Who pisses further between the 2 makes no difference to me. My point is they are on a similar athletic plane. Obviously Wieskamp is a better basketball player lol. Eric May was a freak athlete because of the size and strength combined with the speed and leaping ability. Joe is a little less freakish because he does not possess the frame that Eric had, but Joe is absolutely no slouch in speed with a basketball and hops.

I would also add that I don't really consider size as part of athleticism. Maybe I should, but for some reason I don't.

One thing's for sure. May didn't drive to the hole with extreme force like Weiskamp does. There is a difference between being strong and playing strong. Weiskamp plays strong. When he drives the lane, he means business. I'm sure May would have too if he had the ability to dribble.

Latest posts