State Tourney: Updates

I don’t have the slightest clue what Joe’s assist numbers are, I'm just going off film I’ve seen. At 6’6 Marble had a lot of PG skills and was a good passer, I’m not sure if Joe has that yet, but maybe he does.

Joe is better as a high school senior then Marble was at Iowa until his JR year. IMO this kid is the best looking guard recruit I can remember since Davis.

I like Joe and I know Moss is terribly inconsistent but Moss does have 2 years experience of starting in the B1G.
I kind of like the idea of having Weiskamp come off the bench to help balance and provide more scoring off the bench. I'd like to see Weiskamp and Dailey play along side Connor so he's got a couple balanced guys that can dribble drive a bit as well as hit the 3 point shot. Granted I'm not saying 5 in 5 out but something like this as it relates to a rotation:

JBo
Moss
Nunge
Cook
Garza

Connor
Dailey
Weiskamp
Baer
Kriener

I think there is a high likelihood that we see a starting lineup like this.

Conner
Jbo
JW
Cook
Garza

If Connor is not ready to start then I expect

Jbo
Moss
JW
Cook
Garza

Patrick is awkward. No guarantee he will grow out of it. Outside of passing, kids with his skill level aren't uncommon. Some make it and some don't.

Joe is real, but it's hard to project. His biggest challenge is letting the game flow through him and to him rather than being the game. Could be a learning curve.

You never saw Haluska play in person? Also Mike was probably more athletic too but that one would be debatable.

Mike? You certainly don't mean Gesell? Mike was a hell of a kid, but I don't think his and Joe's athleticism is comparable. Haluska or Eric May are better comparisons.

You never saw Haluska play in person? Also Mike was probably more athletic too but that one would be debatable.

Actually I never did see him play in person. I'm guessing based on what I saw of him on tv compared to what I saw of Weiskamp in person that Weiskamp's ability to sky into the air, then land quickly and sky right back into the air, blows Haluska out of the water. Mike could jump really high and was good with lateral quickness. Those are two very good athletic traits in basketball. Weiskamp jumps like he's on a pogo stick way better than any white guy I can remember. White had an unreal ability to get up without gathering himself first. I'm not sure he was as quick and explosive with his second jump.

Actually I never did see him play in person. I'm guessing based on what I saw of him on tv compared to what I saw of Weiskamp in person that Weiskamp's ability to sky into the air, then land quickly and sky right back into the air, blows Haluska out of the water. Mike could jump really high and was good with lateral quickness. Those are two very good athletic traits in basketball. Weiskamp jumps like he's on a pogo stick way better than any white guy I can remember. White had an unreal ability to get up without gathering himself first. I'm not sure he was as quick and explosive with his second jump.

The kid definitely has springs on his shoes.

Assuming this is serious, I'd like know how many sporting events you've attended in your day.

I'm just going off high school games in Iowa and Iowa Hawkeye games. That's lots of opponents I've seen too over the years. Who knows, maybe this one game was just a random game where he happened to make a bunch of extremely athletic plays. But he literally wowed me at least 8 times in one game.

The kid definitely has springs on his shoes.

There was one play where Weiskamp was streaking to the basket and both tall kids from West (that are taller than him mind you) were surrounding him. His teammate just threw the ball up for him to grab. He just went up higher than McCaffery and the other dude like it was no big deal.

Only 774 total points. I would have thought he'd be over 1,000 with what I've heard about him for years. Really thought 1,500 range or higher. Turnovers don't bug me as he's been X2 and X3 teamed.
774 for this season. 668 last season. 496 as a sophomore. 409 as a FR. Total of 2347 career points.

There was one play where Weiskamp was streaking to the basket and both tall kids from West (that are taller than him mind you) were surrounding him. His teammate just threw the ball up for him to grab. He just went up higher than McCaffery and the other dude like it was no big deal.

I've seen him almost touch the top of the back board.

No chance.
Eric May was by far more athletic than Wieskamp. That's not even debatable.

I'm just going off high school games in Iowa and Iowa Hawkeye games. That's lots of opponents I've seen too over the years. Who knows, maybe this one game was just a random game where he happened to make a bunch of extremely athletic plays. But he literally wowed me at least 8 times in one game.
You said: "He's probably the most athletic white guy I've ever seen in person."
Now, it's just high school games in Iowa and Hawkeye games. #backtracking

Latest posts