::sigh:: just thumb me down here

I don't dispute any of that, Jon. You have no probelm with me. I only remarked that another
poster said that you had "vetted" Hocks. It didn't sound like you had before and doesn't sound
like you have now. That's not on you. No one would expect you to do that.

I get that you have a journalist 6th sense for certain things but I like accuracy and I've seen
nothing telling me that the guy who said you had "vetted" Hocks was accurate in his assessment.

I still think young guys often have a need to look important so they spread "insider" information
as if it's solid gold fact. My objection is to Hocks characterizing some of our players as intentionally
dogging it in games. That's just wrong.

Holy crap, man. Jon's vetted him to the extent that website operators vet fans with inside sources.

OP isn't running for President, so I don't think Jon has talked to his elementary teachers or anything. This is all relative.

Ironic you mention others negativity in life, yet bring nothing but it here... Trust me, there is "gossip" I could bring for attention. And there's better ways to troll for attention than giving information that, as you can see, I'm not the only one getting.

what Jon has "vetted" is that he has met me, in real life. That's all he is saying. He hasn't met a lot of the message board, and those who are willing to not be just a few pixels of letters and numbers on a site are, in his eyes, a "real face". He's not saying he knows my sources, or that he believes me. What he said is that there is ALWAYS going to be unhappy players at all levels. For example, when I was 14, I was one of 2 14 year olds to play on an all-star baseball team, the rest were 15. the coach was a coach of the 15 year olds AAU team, so despite me throwing in the upper 80s (hit mid 90s in high school) I spent a lot of those tournaments (made it to the series before the senior league World Series.. So pretty far) on the bench watching. When I DID play, we won against a Marshaltown team that made it to the LLWS a couple years prior. My buddy, the other 14 year old was the best hitter on the team. He sat too. We both were MAJORLY ****** about that.

Its normal. That's all Jon is saying.

OP only has 17 thumbs down? We need more crazy rumors. Totally crazy rumors to liven things up around here.

See how silly you are? I'm not the least bit baffled about people commenting on
football games here or anywhere else. What baffles me is what you all get out of
trashing every aspect of our program when things don't go just the way you think
they should.

I hope the rest of your lives aren't as negative and meaningless as they appear here.

And here we are again, this is a football msg board. Maybe you don't live in the US? Where you live, what is the purpose of a football msg board? How do you access the internet, on a ham sandwhich?

"Youth is a fault that improves daily with age"

...it is a) only college football...not every player is playing with the expectation to play at a higher paid level. Some actually just want to play to play while they can...even some of the very skilled.

And b) these kids are only 18-23 years old...not only are they going to change their minds or schools occasionally, it is sometimes expected, as unfortunate as that may seem from either point of view.

The Op is an idiot just trying to get attention. What is he some kind of gossipy teenage

Additionally, there are players now calling out the fans for dogging on a 5-2 football team. This board is a sad sad place now. There is nothing positive on here at all anymore. Have fun being miserable people cause I am out of here.

Oh, come on now, Mert. No need to storm off with yer granny-panties all pinched. Will listen for ya next Wednesday night.

Holy crap, man. Jon's vetted him to the extent that website operators vet fans with inside sources.

OP isn't running for President, so I don't think Jon has talked to his elementary teachers or anything. This is all relative.

If you're being serious it's apparent that the quality of public
education has diminished significantly.

Meeting someone in person is not vetting them. Do you even know
what the word means? Clearly, you don't. The fact that I meet
someone tells me nothing about the quality of information they offer.

Of course Jon hasn't vetted this guy... he has no reason to do so.

What's most amusing about you guys is how you say the silliest
things as if they're actually facts then when someone calls you on
it you stomp your feet and insist it's true whether you can prove it
or not.

Be serious... the OP has one reason for posting this nonsense... he
wants to look important and connected... and guys like you fuel his
fantasy.

And here we are again, this is a football msg board. Maybe you don't live in the US? Where you live, what is the purpose of a football msg board? How do you access the internet, on a ham sandwhich?

The purpose of a football discussion forum is to discuss football.

In your world it seems that people are incapable of discussing
football without being totally negative and trashing every aspect
of the program... as if they know something that isn't plainly obvious.

CLUE: Very few of them do. Most of you are nothing more than
bandwagon jumpers and parrots for the negative. Precious little
football insight is offered on this forum.

Dude, seriously... Insult me all you want but do you not comprehend that you're insulting a lot of people who choose to listen to things they hear, then in the same post you're crying about the negativity on here?

Wanna shoot the messenger, fine. But I'll tell you what, if it comes out that I was right, I expect you to be the big boy you think you are and eat your crow, just as I will do if it turns out I was given bad info. My guess is, when this all plays out you'll be nowhere to be found.

Jon, feel free to give me a ban here.. But BDS go fawk yourself man. I get your attitude towards me but the attitude of other posters and hypocrisy in your posts is one of my real life biggest pet peeves. You're a ********* and probably don't even realize it.

So where ever it is you come from; a football msg board is for "true blue" fans to go and crush over their team? Wish i lived in Candyland too. How are the prisons where you're from? I imagine they're filled w/ Lazy Boys, drugs, naked wermins, and candy. Sorry you found a board w/ coherent and logical responses to football.

You fail to ever recognize the obvious truth that we are all mostly here because we love the U of I (probably some ISU trolls or the like mixed in too). I have no qualms speaking out against those who are harming the U. of I.; namely K.F. I don't even blame Ruddock for his play. He shouldn't be playing, but what's he supposed to do, refuse to play?

You require us to speak glowingly of the program and that just isn't possible. You might want to take a break from msg boards until our coaching staff is replaced if your looking for anything positive.

Yet, so far in this thread, you've offered zero discussion of football, let alone insight into the "plainly obvious" aspect of the program.

Your entire rebuttal has been an enormous, ad hominem fallacy. You negatively assume o.p.'s intent (attention and importance), relentlessly attack his credibility and chastise everyone else as the ilk who feed such internet rumor mills because, as "bandwagon jumpers and parrots", we fall short of challenging it as vehemently as you have. You have avoided attacking the content (because you have no proof to refute it) so you attack the messenger and the method. Seems to me you have deep-seated issues with the anonymity of the internet and, so far, the only one "stomping their feet" in protest, has been you.

The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

If you're being serious it's apparent that the quality of public
education has diminished significantly.

Meeting someone in person is not vetting them. Do you even know
what the word means? Clearly, you don't. The fact that I meet
someone tells me nothing about the quality of information they offer.

Of course Jon hasn't vetted this guy... he has no reason to do so.

What's most amusing about you guys is how you say the silliest
things as if they're actually facts then when someone calls you on
it you stomp your feet and insist it's true whether you can prove it
or not.

Be serious... the OP has one reason for posting this nonsense... he
wants to look important and connected... and guys like you fuel his
fantasy.

Why are you doing this. Just leave the guy alone if you don't like the thread and move on to one you enjoy

Ironic you mention others negativity in life, yet bring nothing but it here... Trust me, there is "gossip" I could bring for attention. And there's better ways to troll for attention than giving information that, as you can see, I'm not the only one getting.

what Jon has "vetted" is that he has met me, in real life. That's all he is saying. He hasn't met a lot of the message board, and those who are willing to not be just a few pixels of letters and numbers on a site are, in his eyes, a "real face". He's not saying he knows my sources, or that he believes me. What he said is that there is ALWAYS going to be unhappy players at all levels. For example, when I was 14, I was one of 2 14 year olds to play on an all-star baseball team, the rest were 15. the coach was a coach of the 15 year olds AAU team, so despite me throwing in the upper 80s (hit mid 90s in high school) I spent a lot of those tournaments (made it to the series before the senior league World Series.. So pretty far) on the bench watching. When I DID play, we won against a Marshaltown team that made it to the LLWS a couple years prior. My buddy, the other 14 year old was the best hitter on the team. He sat too. We both were MAJORLY ****** about that.

wanna here about the time I got screwed getin picked for the kickball team

I don't want to speak for Jon, but I think he'd tell you that you're taking this board WAY too seriously. This ain't the Washington Poast.

The Op is an idiot just trying to get attention. What is he some kind of gossipy teenage

Additionally, there are players now calling out the fans for dogging on a 5-2 football team. This board is a sad sad place now. There is nothing positive on here at all anymore. Have fun being miserable people cause I am out of here.

You're leaving now. Why didn't you leave in 2012 when things were worse for the team and the negativity on here was worse. Clark says things are much more positive at cyfan, there's an option. You're out of here but you're not going to be a fan of the Hawks and I'm sure you'll be checking in on this board. You might not post but you won't be totally out of here. With as much time and posts that you have it's like an addiction. I know, I couldn't leave.

I would not be surprised if Daniels or CJ left ... Only because I think they are 2 players who could be getting more touches ...

I doubt Daniels would leave. There's a decent chance he'll be the primary rb next year in terms of carries. Barring injury, I think Canzeri will get about 10-15 carries a game and the rest will be up for grabs. Also, Daniels brother is coming to Iowa as an OL.

You better go ice your shoulder. I'm sure it has to be sore after you patted yourself on the back so much.

"Youth is a fault that improves daily with age"

...it is a) only college football...not every player is playing with the expectation to play at a higher paid level. Some actually just want to play to play while they can...even some of the very skilled.

And b) these kids are only 18-23 years old...not only are they going to change their minds or schools occasionally, it is sometimes expected, as unfortunate as that may seem from either point of view.

What's the old saying? "You're not a true freshman until you've changed your major".

Latest posts