::sigh:: just thumb me down here

Look, enough of this stuff. We'll see how it plays out. No need to kill the messenger all the dang time around here.

Wow, players lashing out at fans.....should I start a thread about how frustrated players want fans to "transfer"? It would bet that 98% of these players are still all in. I'll be critical of coaches, and players performances, but to question their "desire" or saying they are "dogging" it is complete BS. We don't know the motivation of any of these kids, and to claim you do is disingenuous and bullsh!t if you ask me.

http://iowa.scout.com/story/1472062...e&hootPostID=95c3dd97a635908e6f8614419603f308

Consider what Hawkeye Cornerback Reese Fleming posted as his status on his Facebook page Monday night: Some of yall (sic) hawkeye fans weak, no faith in our program. We 5-2 not 2-5. When we win these last five games don't hop back on our bus.

Here are the Iowa players who "liked" Fleming's status: George Kittle, Daumantas Venckus-Cucchiara, John Kenny, Colin Goebel, Ike Boettger, Wil Rathjen, Macon Plewa, Peter Pekar, Riley McCarron and Brandon Scherff. Former Hawkeyes Nico Law, B.J. Lowery and Jordan Cotton chimed in by clicking "like."

Wow, players lashing out at fans.....should I start a thread about how frustrated players want fans to "transfer"? It would bet that 98% of these players are still all in. I'll be critical of coaches, and players performances, but to question their "desire" or saying they are "dogging" it is complete BS. We don't know the motivation of any of these kids, and to claim you do is disingenuous and bullsh!t if you ask me.

http://iowa.scout.com/story/1472062...e&hootPostID=95c3dd97a635908e6f8614419603f308

Consider what Hawkeye Cornerback Reese Fleming posted as his status on his Facebook page Monday night: Some of yall (sic) hawkeye fans weak, no faith in our program. We 5-2 not 2-5. When we win these last five games don't hop back on our bus.

Here are the Iowa players who "liked" Fleming's status: George Kittle, Daumantas Venckus-Cucchiara, John Kenny, Colin Goebel, Ike Boettger, Wil Rathjen, Macon Plewa, Peter Pekar, Riley McCarron and Brandon Scherff. Former Hawkeyes Nico Law, B.J. Lowery and Jordan Cotton chimed in by clicking "like."

funny.

The List of "likes". The guy I talked to, he's on it.

For what it's worth, I've got a similar source (former starter who remains in close contact with current players at his position) as IowaHOCKS23, and I'm hearing the same things as he is. A couple of potential transfers, the "whole team upset" about certain personnel decisions, etc. There's a whole laundry list of things this guy has said, ranging from this year's team to the years when he played, including some inside info. regarding the rhabo deal, DJK's "place" on the team, his theory on certain personnel decisions and some fundamental scheme issues. Definitely things that make a guy pessimistic about the current state and the future of the program.

As a disclaimer: not trying to make myself sound important when it comes to Iowa football, or that I'm "connected", but someone should probably defend IowaHOCKS23. I have no doubt his information is credible.

Again, I dont think this stuff is 'out of the norm'. I am sure there are players who think about leaving. I am sure there are people scratching their heads inside the walls, because many of us outside the walls are scratching our heads, too. But what a tweenty feels today won't necc be what he feels in early January.

Again, I dont think this stuff is 'out of the norm'. I am sure there are players who think about leaving. I am sure there are people scratching their heads inside the walls, because many of us outside the walls are scratching our heads, too. But what a tweenty feels today won't necc be what he feels in early January.

Absolutely this stuff is normal. AJ McCarron called out Saban as being conservative and said he puts the handcuffs on his offense. Nevermind the fact that over the last 4 years Alabama's offense was #33, 31, 31 and 22 in the country.

There is frustration and talk inside of every locker room, teams that win have this same problem, players that transfer and complain. National Championship QB's talk about how their coach "holds them back".

Last edited:
Iowahawks23. It seems as though you get most of your information from current players so you probably don't hear much on staff issues. I've heard rumblings that the cohesion on the staff isn't very good.

I have enjoyed reading IowaHAWKS23's post, if even remotely accurate it sheds some light on this buttoned up, corporate BS of a staff and administration and helps explain the unexplainable. Such as how does virtually the same offense that finished the year with the Nebraska curb stomping play this poorly this year? There has to be a reason, and IowaHAWK's post comes closer to any other post in explaining why. .........Oh and Fire Greg Davis........Go Hawks, On Iowa!

I was talking to someone today who said that players aren't in to the system, there are multiple playing that "just want to remain uninjured to make it out of the program". There will be some BIG names leaving, and a lot of it has to do with promises made, and not kept by a couple coaches.

The overall feeling is they want to win, but don't care whether they do or dont.

I didn't get any really solid commitment to "THE" problem, but some players are feeling like certain things are done in certain ways that prevent progress. Best players not playing for "insanely stupid minor things" in practice.

Parents of a couple players are making moves on behalf of their kids, talking to other schools. In one instance, despite the kids wishes.

like the title says, just throw your thumbs downs at me, but this is all very credible.

Next season will bring A LOT of new faces.

:-/

Bump. For everyone who was killing HOCKS23, in light of the recent Willies Instagram.

I was talking to someone today who said that players aren't in to the system, there are multiple playing that "just want to remain uninjured to make it out of the program". There will be some BIG names leaving, and a lot of it has to do with promises made, and not kept by a couple coaches.

The overall feeling is they want to win, but don't care whether they do or dont.

I didn't get any really solid commitment to "THE" problem, but some players are feeling like certain things are done in certain ways that prevent progress. Best players not playing for "insanely stupid minor things" in practice.

Parents of a couple players are making moves on behalf of their kids, talking to other schools. In one instance, despite the kids wishes.

like the title says, just throw your thumbs downs at me, but this is all very credible.

Next season will bring A LOT of new faces.

:-/

There are so many "specifics" in that post. Mind-boggling, for sure.

I have enjoyed reading IowaHAWKS23's post, if even remotely accurate it sheds some light on this buttoned up, corporate BS of a staff and administration and helps explain the unexplainable. Such as how does virtually the same offense that finished the year with the Nebraska curb stomping play this poorly this year? There has to be a reason, and IowaHAWK's post comes closer to any other post in explaining why. .........Oh and Fire Greg Davis........Go Hawks, On Iowa!

The main reasons are simple: the defense isn't nearly as good as it was last year, and the OC is the SAME as last year.

Latest posts