Rushing the field

I assume you're referring to Dwayne with the last half of that post, but just to be sure, I don't see a problem with fans congratulating the team after big wins like that.

Sorry tm, yeah I meant the last half for Dwayne & the bank teller. I tend to get a little disoriented when I rant.

Why not? If you don't like it, don't open the threads.

People who rush the field are d0uchebags.

And yet you know nothing about them except that they went on the field. That's kind of a b*tch move to judge people that you know nothing about.

And yet you know nothing about them except that they went on the field. That's kind of a b*tch move to judge people that you know nothing about.

Really. you don't need to take this so personally. By going onto the field they *become* douchebags. There's no need to know them personally. It's probably better *not* to know such d-bags personally anyway.

Really. you don't need to take this so personally. By going onto the field they *become* douchebags. There's no need to know them personally. It's probably better *not* to know such d-bags personally anyway.

Yeah you never know what kind of garbage people you'll find down there.....oh wait, you know more than enough about them to know you want nothing to do with them. That is quite possibly THE most ignorant attitude I've seen displayed on this board. If that kind of thing bothers you, go root for Ohio State, where their fans have their noses so high that this sort of travesty would NEVER occur, because they take their success for granted.

I saw your Mom there once

Yeah you never know what kind of garbage people you'll find down there.....oh wait, you know more than enough about them to know you want nothing to do with them. That is quite possibly THE most ignorant attitude I've seen displayed on this board. If that kind of thing bothers you, go root for Ohio State, where their fans have their noses so high that this sort of travesty would NEVER occur, because they take their success for granted.

I'm not going to root for OSU, because I like Iowa.

I'm not going to root for OSU, because I like Iowa.

You'll just judge people based on next to nothing.

If the University had a problem with this stuff, they'd do something about it. If they don't have a problem with it, then what makes those people d0uchebags? It's something unique to this program, where the team and fans share a closer relationship than that of other schools.

If the University had a problem with this stuff, they'd do something about it. If they don't have a problem with it, then what makes those people d0uchebags?

They're douchebags because they rush the field. That's what makes them so.

Post of the Day Nominee. Well played, Mauer'Freak. :D

Thanks Vinnie!
I went down to the field this game...was really happy and all ya know...didn't "rush"....took my time before I decided to head down...all the way from row 5. Bounced off a guy in row three...(that second bleacher step was a doozy!)...then continued down to the black paint on the south end zone. Then me and Mr.Freak proceeded to lie down on the field and have our picture taken by my sister but the new batteries were dying in the borrowed camera and the Per Mar guys were staring at us and it just got kind of awkward, so we got up; only to discover later that the damn picture didn't take! Probably just as well. Pics in that position aren't always very flattering. There goes the Christmas card for this year. ;)

Wait...there's Ohio State! :D

tm -i think this d-bag is coming very close to being placed in your signature. (he has already changed his, btw). I really think it was that damn banker who decided to change his name, or who already had another screen name.

If the University had a problem with this stuff, they'd do something about it. If they don't have a problem with it, then what makes those people d0uchebags? It's something unique to this program, where the team and fans share a closer relationship than that of other schools.

BTW, here's the athletic department's official stance on the issue:

Please stay off the field. For the safety of participants and spectators, at not time before, during and after a game are spectators permitted to enter the playing field.
Hawkeye Sports - University of Iowa Official Athletic Site

Summary of this thread:

Your level of enthusiasm differs from my level of enthusiasm, therefore yours is incorrect and you must behave exactly as I do.

BTW, here's the athletic department's official stance on the issue:

Hawkeye Sports - University of Iowa Official Athletic Site

And yet they do nothing to prevent it other than say: "Please stay off the field." They know full well that that won't work, yet they do nothing else to prevent it. If they really didn't want it happening, they'd do something about it. They let the fans have their time congratulating the team, then they clear them off. In policy, they don't want it. In practice, they don't really care.

Summary of this thread:

Your level of enthusiasm differs from my level of enthusiasm, therefore yours is incorrect and you must behave exactly as I do.

I've never told anyone to change their behavior in this thread. I've been told to shut up and stop posting about the issue, though.

Summary of this thread:

That works one way in this thread. You don't ever see threads encouraging people to rush, or saying that people should. But you do see threads saying it's stupid and that fans shouldn't do it.

I'm not saying Dwayne has to rush the field. I just don't have a problem with "rushes".

And yet they do nothing to prevent it other than say: "Please stay off the field." They know full well that that won't work, yet they do nothing else to prevent it. If they really didn't want it happening, they'd do something about it. They let the fans have their time congratulating the team, then they clear them off. In policy, they don't want it. In practice, they don't really care.

How many fat, yellow-jacketed Per-Mar security guys would it take to keep 20,000 douchebags off the field? There's nothing they can do about it.

That works one way in this thread. You don't ever see threads encouraging people to rush, or saying that people should. But you do see threads saying it's stupid and that fans shouldn't do it.

I'm not saying Dwayne has to rush the field. I just don't have a problem with "rushes".

I've never said people shouldn't do it, only that they are douchebags when they do.

Latest posts