Rushing the field

I didn't start the thread, but rather I just jumped in with my opinion, as did many others here. There's no crime in that.

By your logic, there's also no need for those defending rushing the field to do so every time it happens either, right?

At the end of the day, it's a message board, which means that all opinions are allowed.

You state your opinion everytime a thread like this comes along, though. And there wouldn't be any defending of "rushing" if there weren't posters who share your opinion that feel the urge to state it every time it happens. And it's always the same few posters. I think it has been made abundantly clear that you do not approve of "rushing" (God, I'm sick of having to refer to it that way, when it wasn't a rush to begin with), so why keep telling everyone that you disapprove?

Big deal, Iowa fans have been going onto the field for years. They enjoy it and the admin lets them...If some of you don't pull your noses down you are going to drown if it starts raining...

If you dont like it dont do it. If you dont like it say, Hey I dont think fans should get on the field. After you have done those two things then let it go.

You state your opinion everytime a thread like this comes along, though. And there wouldn't be any defending of "rushing" if there weren't posters who share your opinion that feel the urge to state it every time it happens. And it's always the same few posters. I think it has been made abundantly clear that you do not approve of "rushing" (God, I'm sick of having to refer to it that way, when it wasn't a rush to begin with), so why keep telling everyone that you disapprove?

You posted twice in this thread before I even made my first post. So I'd say that you've made your opinion abundantly clear as well...but apparently that's fine for you to do, while being off limits for me.

If you (and others) are going to say that rushing the field is fine and dandy, then I'm going to disagree with you.

Iowa is NOT a "big time program." Iowa is a culture, way of life, family, whatever. When the team wins at home they know the home field advantage had something to do with it. Accordingly, the fans are allowed to celebrate with the team. Iowa doesn't "big time" their fans.

What do you want next, only paint the locker room pink for "Big Games?"

Get over it son. The board has spoken. You have lost. Only a fool thinks saying the same thing over and over is a way to win an argument.

Yes.

You posted twice in this thread before I even made my first post. So I'd say that you've made your opinion abundantly clear as well...but apparently that's fine for you to do, while being off limits for me.

If you (and others) are going to say that rushing the field is fine and dandy, then I'm going to disagree with you.

Quick question: how many threads do we see that encourage people to rush the field? How many do we see after a rush saying how awesome it was (excluding instances like the PSU game in '08)? Very, very few (I'm being generous on this one, as I've never seen one). Yet when it happens, there is ALWAYS a thread denouncing it. If people would just get over it, there would be NO defense of rushing the field, because there would be no need for one.

Stereotype much?

Not particularly, unless inferring that someone is arrogant based upon their arrogant posts is stereotypical. I believe he said that might be fitting for YOU, anyway. Pretty sure he realizes not all bankers are arrogant. But there is little doubt that you are.

wow five pages for this? Hey tm3308 is this my cue for calling out this banker? 3.....2....1.....

How's all of our bailout money treating you?

I'll let you get back to filing fraudulent paperwork on my neighbors forclosure.....

would you like my opinion on that?

BAAAAZIIIIINGGG!

wow five pages for this? Hey tm3308 is this my cue for calling out this banker? 3.....2....1.....

I'll let you get back to filing fraudulent paperwork on my neighbors forclosure.....

BAAAAZIIIIINGGG!

Topical and funny.

BAAAAZIIIIINGGG!

That was fantastic, Tex :D

It was my first game at Kinnick yesterday. And well I had no intentions of rushing the field. Once I saw people going on the field, I just had to get on the field. I didn't know when I would be back there. And I just wanted to stand on the field that I have dreamed of seeing in person for as long as I can remember. Do I regret it? NO WAY. GO HAWKS

Threadwinner! Suck it Funhaters!

All you skeevers soooo very worried about what the rest of the country thinks of YOU because the students ran out to greet the players need to learn to have fun - but more importantly let others have fun without ******** like a bunch of bitchy ******* ;-)

To be fair, the percentage of bankers who aren't arrogant is much higher than the percentage of people who rush the field who aren't douchebags. The ratio is probably 40-0.

To be fair, the percentage of bankers who aren't arrogant is much higher than the percentage of people who rush the field who aren't douchebags. The ratio is probably 40-0.

Wow, nothing like a good ol' generalzation used as an actual argument. That was a doozy! :rolleyes:

We are terrible at rushing the field, I mean we have to be one of the worst in the nation at it. We rush the field after an asswhooping like this, and then the one legitimate opportunity we have (Penn State a few years back) and we **** it up by rushing to soon.

ya, but we got to do it three times that game

Latest posts