Rushing the field

maybe we're a developmental program for rushing the field as well. we're never going to get all 4 or 5 star field rushers year in and year out.

It's true. No one who rushes the field is not a d0uchebag.

And you would know this because you know each of them personally? Or you just think that they're d0uchebags because you don't agree with what they're doing? People aren't automatically d0uchebags because they go down on the field after a big win, just like not all terrorists are Muslims.

So what if people want to congratulate the players? Who cares if "the nation" doesn't like that we "rush" the field? It's seriously not a big deal, I don't know why those of you who disagree with it choose to make it so all the time.

Wow. Still can't believe we are talking about this!
Can't we just add something under "location" by our user ID's that just indicates our opinion on "rushing" so we don't have to do this all the time. Like

• Rusher
  • Have Rushed, probably will again
  • I lay on the field and make "angels" in the rubber pellets
  • Rushing? Who cares? Let 'em rush
  • I Rush for games that count
  • I'm too good; too high up; too old; too douchy to rush the field
  • NOT a rusher

tm's right, you are a d0uchebag if you are worried about things that are out of your control with anything in life. It's like worrying about a chance of rain for a game that you have tickets to, what's the point of worrying? So I now ask you what is the point of worrying/caring about whether people rush the field enough to call them a d0uchbag. you, sir, are a bigger d0uche than anybody on the field after the game. those fans are probably younger in age than most fans in attendance; and in all fairness i say rush all the time, because you never know if you'll be too far away to even attend games like me in DFW, TX. d0uche

This is false. It's like saying that people aren't automatically pedophiles because they have sex with nine-year-olds.

It's pretty arrogant to judge people you don't even know like that based on something as trivial as rushing the field after a big win. Want to call a serial killer a disgusting piece of s*it? Go ahead, what they've done certainly warrants it. Rushing the field is not a big deal at all. I don't know why people like you choose to make it one.

The players make the effort to celebrate with fans on the road, I don't see what the big issue is with the fans returning the favor at home.

Ron Burgundy: (on the fight between local anchormen) Boy, that escalated quickly. I mean, that really got out of hand fast!

Ron Burgundy: (on the fight between local anchormen) Boy, that escalated quickly. I mean, that really got out of hand fast!

There'd be no need for it to escalate if a few arrogant posters didn't decide to lecture those of us who either have rushed or don't mind when it happens. But for whatever reason, they seem to think it's important to get their views on that particular subject out there each time it happens.

It's pretty arrogant to judge people you don't even know like that based on something as trivial as rushing the field after a big win. Want to call a serial killer a disgusting piece of s*it? Go ahead, what they've done certainly warrants it. Rushing the field is not a big deal at all. I don't know why people like you choose to make it one.

You're the one taking this personally and making a big deal about it. Instead of agreeing to disagree, you're making all kinds of stupid arguments to try to get people to change their minds. I'm not going to. I believe that anyone who rushes the field is a d0uchebag. Nothing's going to change that, but really, it's not a big deal. I realize you disagree, but these are the types of arguments people have on messageboards.

The players make the effort to celebrate with fans on the road, I don't see what the big issue is with the fans returning the favor at home.

Last RUSH was Penn St 2008, all others since then have been meandering about the field, celebrating in Historic Kinnick with the team we all love. Including Meechigan last year and Sparty this year. And we'll do it again after beating fOSU.
You've made the point abundantly that you don't care to participate. Just turn off your TV after the gun and take a nap or something equally docile. I'll be on the turf @ Kinnick with my sons, wife and a few hundred other Hawk fans soaking up the joy of another victory.

We all get it, you don't approve, BFD. now STFU already.

Last edited:
You're the one taking this personally and making a big deal about it. Instead of agreeing to disagree, you're making all kinds of stupid arguments to try to get people to change their minds. I'm not going to. I believe that anyone who rushes the field is a d0uchebag. Nothing's going to change that, but really, it's not a big deal. I realize you disagree, but these are the types of arguments people have on messageboards.

I gave up on changing people's minds a long time ago. It's just stupid how everytime the field gets rushed, there is a thread like this. Everybody knows the handful of posters who disagree, so why keep reiterating that opinion at every opportunity?

Wow. Still can't believe we are talking about this!
Can't we just add something under "location" by our user ID's that just indicates our opinion on "rushing" so we don't have to do this all the time. Like

• Rusher
  • Have Rushed, probably will again
  • I lay on the field and make "angels" in the rubber pellets
  • Rushing? Who cares? Let 'em rush
  • I Rush for games that count
  • I'm too good; too high up; too old; too douchy to rush the field
  • NOT a rusher

Post of the Day Nominee. Well played, Mauer'Freak. :D

Last RUSH was Penn St 2008, all others since then have been meandering about the field, celebrating in Historic Kinnick with the team we all love. Including Meechigan last year and Sparty this year. And we'll do it again after beating fOSU.
You've made the point abundantly that you don't care to participate. Just turn off your TV after the gun and take a nap or something equally docile. I'll be on the turf @ Kinnick with my sons, wife and a few hundred other Hawk fans soaking up the joy of another victory.

I assume you're referring to Dwayne with the last half of that post, but just to be sure, I don't see a problem with fans congratulating the team after big wins like that.

I gave up on changing people's minds a long time ago. It's just stupid how everytime the field gets rushed, there is a thread like this. Everybody knows the handful of posters who disagree, so why keep reiterating that opinion at every opportunity?

Why not? If you don't like it, don't open the threads.

People who rush the field are d0uchebags.

i think TM's on the side FOR rushing... :confused:

I'll be laughing at you and the other douchebags on the field.

Latest posts