Rushing the field

LOL. Cheerleaders = A Supreme court-style precedent? You're really off the deep end now.

the point was using time, and or "history" to discredit my initial point saying that cheerleaders are virtually glorified fans. it is true, and factual. of course the university would issue the statement of "do not rush the field...." because that covers their a$$ in case something happens, although they are more at risk playing the actual game rather than being congratulated after the game.

Another absolutely ridiculous argument. WTG!

Not sure how. They're surrounded by a lot of people in both instances. Those people are just walking in both instances. They offer up a "Good game!" or "Good luck next week!" in both instances. The only difference is that one happens at Kinnick and one happens on campus. Something gives me the feeling that Kinnick is not some kind of place that magnifies the danger of a particular act.

the point was using time, and or "history" to discredit my initial point saying that cheerleaders are virtually glorified fans. it is true, and factual.

Hey, here's the official athletic department 'spirit squad' (aka, cheerleaders) page.

Hawkeye Sports - University of Iowa Official Athletic Site

They're part of the athletic department, and the department makes arrangements for them to be on the field, glorified fans or not. Whether or not some fan in Minnesota in 1898 yelled out the first cheer in history is neither here nor there. Cripes.

Not sure how. They're surrounded by a lot of people in both instances. Those people are just walking in both instances. They offer up a "Good game!" or "Good luck next week!" in both instances. The only difference is that one happens at Kinnick and one happens on campus. Something gives me the feeling that Kinnick is not some kind of place that magnifies the danger of a particular act.

You're grasping at straws.

You're grasping at straws.

And you've been doing what, exactly? It sure as heck hasn't been making an argument beyond the level of a 4-year old, who believes that something is true simply because he/she says it is.

They are literally at no greater risk of being hurt by people walking down to the field to congratulate them then they are when they walk on campus.

no but it validates my point that at one point: "cheer" leaders were once fans and were eventually given full access to the field. maybe if the rush/walk was more controlled the AD would allow for fans to rush/walk onto the field and congratulate the fans. at least i have made some very credible posts and valid points for my side of the arguement, while you have stated "just because" and have had very vague responses, adding fuel to the fire purposefully. as i have said already in this thread those that instigate are typically d0uches, you have made significant strides in that general direction.

Rushing onto the field is the part of rushing the field that makes them douchebags. Sorry again for being unclear.

What you just said, is one of the most insanely idiotic thing I've ever heard. At no point, in your rambling incoherent response, were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul.

no but it validates my point that at one point: "cheer" leaders were once fans and were eventually given full access to the field. maybe if the rush/walk was more controlled the AD would allow for fans to rush/walk onto the field and congratulate the fans. at least i have made some very credible posts and valid points for my side of the arguement, while you have stated "just because" and have had very vague responses, adding fuel to the fire purposefully. as i have said already in this thread those that instigate are typically d0uches, you have made significant strides in that general direction.

And THIS is coming from the d-bag that instigated the Coker Thread :eek:

Your cheeeleader 'point' is one of the stupidest ones in the history of the internet. You've not made any credible points or posts anywhere in this thread. Don't hurt youself patting yourself on the back. As Tm will point out, posting on messageboards is literally as dangerous as fans mobbing football players.

What you just said, is one of the most insanely idiotic thing I've ever heard. At no point, in your rambling incoherent response, were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul.

yes, a huge +1

Good one. Couldn't come up with anything older? TX went back 112 years for his stupid reply.

Your cheeeleader 'point' is one of the stupidest ones in the history of the internet. You've not made any credible points or posts anywhere in this thread. Don't hurt youself patting yourself on the back. As Tm will point out, posting on messageboards is literally as dangerous as fans mobbing football players.

I've yet to see you make an actual argument, and not just in this thread. You've done nothing but say think like: "You're grasping at straws." or "That is one of the stupidest points in the history of the internet." You'd definitely win over a crowd in a debate, provided the crowd consisted solely of neanderthals similar to yourself.

cheerleaders are just glorified fans. they actually originated from a section of the general fans that were attending a game

"Princeton graduate Thomas Peebles introduced the idea of organized crowds cheering at football games to the University of Minnesota. However, it was not until 1898 that University of Minnesota student Johnny Campbell directed a crowd in cheering "Rah, Rah, Rah! Ski-u-mah, Hoo-Rah! Hoo-Rah! Varsity! Varsity! Varsity, Minn-e-So-Tah!â€￾, making Campbell the very first cheerleader and November 2, 1898 the official birth date of organized cheerleading"

-wikipedia

The only thing you didn't like about this point was that it happened 112 years ago. the point i was making is that football and fans have had a unique connection throughout the years, leading to some of the most FANatic becoming "cheer" leaders.

-he11 even Iowa fans were warned for crowd noise in kinnick north (on the road) during a game against minnesota. our following and "hawkeyenation" is truly unique enough to warrant rushing the field.

Neanderthals, lol.

You'll definitely have the ********* crowd behind you. "yeah, brau!! Woo!"

The term seems to fit.

Neanderthal: one who suggests a caveman in appearance, mentality, or behavior (according to Webster's).

You're batting 2 for 3, at any rate.

You've yet to make a single argument in this thread other than your opinion that those who rush the field are d0uchebags. And that's not an argument.

The only thing you didn't like about this point was that it happened 112 years ago. the point i was making is that football and fans have had a unique connection throughout the years, leading to some of the most FANatic becoming "cheer" leaders.
Maybe if you're lucky, in 112 years, the university will give regular-joe ********* fans their own 'squad' and invite them onto the field. Maybe they'll even give them their own uniforms and everything. You guys would love that.

You've yet to make a single argument in this thread other than your opinion that those who rush the field are d0uchebags. And that's not an argument.

Again. There's no right or wrong here. It's all opinion. There are no facts. I think people who rush the field are douchebags. You think it's cool. Nothing is going to change any of that. You need to get over this. Some people think green pants are cool. Other people think they suck. It's just one of those things.

Again. There's no right or wrong here. It's all opinion. There are no facts. I think people who rush the field are douchebags. You think it's cool. Nothing is going to change any of that. You need to get over this. Some people think green pants are cool. Other people think they suck. It's just one of those things.

And people who form even remotely intelligent opinions have better reasons for having those opinions than "Because I said so."

Latest posts