Rushing the field

Doosh, your probably 20 years old and just starting watching Iowa 4 years ago. It's a great win, big time programs dont rush that. What else do you want me to tell you about?

Yeah, I'm quite sure that that "IA87" on his license plate was the year he graduated from Iowa. Maybe you want to think that response??? Mr. 10 post ugk, don't tug on the cape of a 6235 poster.

Haha, I've been on rivals since 2000, I'm sure I'm okay as far as "message board experience goes." I could probably respond and say "ya" and "no" and beef up my posts too but i prefer not to.

I'm not complaining about the win, just complaining about something I saw. I could start a post saying wow how awesome we looked today, which we did, but I'm sure we'll see plenty of posts about that so what's the point. Would you rather I sent a post about Prater giving up 10 quick slants?

Rushing the field is an Iowa tradition. I recall rushing out on the field after most games when I was in college between 02-06.

Haha, I've been on rivals since 2000, I'm sure I'm okay as far as "message board experience goes." I could probably respond and say "ya" and "no" and beef up my posts too but i prefer not to.

I'm not complaining about the win, just complaining about something I saw. I could start a post saying wow how awesome we looked today, which we did, but I'm sure we'll see plenty of posts about that so what's the point. Would you rather I sent a post about Prater giving up 10 quick slants?

Des Moines Register Newswire: This is not Rivals.

Would you rather I sent a post about Prater giving up 10 quick slants?
Looked like Iowa adjusted to the quick when they wanted to and Prater got the last laugh. And just for giggles, they did on the other side with Sash's pick and lateral.

On the fifth one Prater "gave up", my wife yelled, "when are they going to stop that!?" I told her to wait and watch.

So how did those 10 quick slants work for Sparty in winning the game?

Des Moines Register Newswire: This is not Rivals.

What's your point?? I got called out for having 10 message posts, why don't you ask the guy what the point of that is? Do I not know more than you b/c I've only posted 10 times on Miller's board? I'll keep posting "yes" and "no" a few thousand times and then maybe youll respect my posts.

Looked like Iowa adjusted to the quick when they wanted to and Prater got the last laugh. And just for giggles, they did on the other side with Sash's pick and lateral.

On the fifth one Prater "gave up", my wife yelled, "when are they going to stop that!?" I told her to wait and watch.

So how did those 10 quick slants work for Sparty in winning the game?

They didn't. But if I was going to pick out something negative from the game it'd probably be that. Not that I'm looking at negatives but that'd be one. Did you see something more negative, or are you going to show off to me about being way smarter than your wife?

What's your point?? I got called out for having 10 message posts, why don't you ask the guy what the point of that is? Do I not know more than you b/c I've only posted 10 times on Miller's board? I'll keep posting "yes" and "no" a few thousand times and then maybe youll respect my posts.

Never said I didn't respect you, but I don't agree with your post... that's all.

Frankly I could care less about how many posts you have here or on Rivals. The students rushed the field, was it the right thing to do?? Yes or no, get over it- you stated opinion, don't get pissy when people come back at you for giving theirs.

Agree with your post there. Not getting pissy, not looking for negatives, but its always more fun to talk about negatives. Very excited we won and think we have a great shot to run the table. Just was expecting (but not hoping) we rushed the field. Doesn't really matter one way or another but want fans to think were a big time program, not a program that needs to rush after every big win.

They didn't. But if I was going to pick out something negative from the game it'd probably be that. Not that I'm looking at negatives but that'd be one. Did you see something more negative, or are you going to show off to me about being way smarter than your wife?
No, I'm that my wife is way smarter than you because after she saw those picks she didn't get on a message board and point out 10 quick slants as a complaint and then claim she wasn't being negative while flailing away at some other trivial point.

Flail away.

I will say that this didn't feel like you'd expect when you beat a number 5 team. I was very confident that Iowa would win and in fact predicted them to win by 21 (I know, meaningless to post after the fact).

I personally wouldn't have rushed the field however I don't really see the point in complaining about it.

I wish Iowa would rush the field after every game, even after they beat E. Ill. It's what Iowa does and it's awesome.

No, I'm that my wife is way smarter than you because after she saw those picks she didn't get on a message board and point out 10 quick slants as a complaint and then claim she wasn't being negative while flailing away at some other trivial point.

Flail away.

And neither did I, but I'm sure you just got married outside of college so I'm okay with it. If you would've read my first 84 posts you would've seen I never complained about that. I gave a hypothetical. And my point wasn't trivial, it was very straight forward and matter-of-fact and I'd do it again.

After we beat Michigan St, gag me... Iowa fans always do this BS

Gee, I don't know ... you beat the sh&t out of the No. 5 team in the country and in your mind that win equates to beating a Purdue?? Too bad those idiotic Iowa fans disappointed you so by rushing the field ... How dare they ... You know, maybe think twice about posting a dbag message like this ... It was a great win. Kinnick was rocking ... And we stayed and watched the fans on the field ... And for the records, the majority of people rushing the field were the students ... So kudos to students for having some fun and celebrating with their classmates ... Hmmm, I guess until we meet and beat Oregon you just won't go for that rushing of the field stuff ...

Seriously, people need to get over themselves. It wasn't even a "rush". It's like what happens after a lot of home games: fans (especially students) want to go down and celebrate with the players. People were pretty much walking down today, like usual. It's something we do, like the players celebrating with the fans on the road.

On another note about the PSU rush that somebody brought up: 1. I proudly say that I was not one of those who rushed early, and 2. Having that many people lined up right on the edge of the field made for a SICK rush after the clock expired. The field filled up fast on that one.

If my season tickets were not row 79 i would rush the field. Who does'nt want to run across kinnick stadium.

Plus our stands are RIGHT on top of the field. If someone was keeping track of which teams have rushed the field the most in the last ten years we would rank top ten.

But whatever. I like seeing the students go celebrate with the team, plus from row 79 it makes for great photo ops.

GO HAWKS!

"Rush" the field if you want, I think it is great. Whine about it if you want too, I get a kick out of reading about people who think it is dumb. Must suck getting upset about something that is caused by something that should make you happy. God that must suck to be you. I mean really, that really bugs you. I am amazed.

Seriously, people need to get over themselves. It wasn't even a "rush". It's like what happens after a lot of home games: fans (especially students) want to go down and celebrate with the players. People were pretty much walking down today, like usual. It's something we do, like the players celebrating with the fans on the road.

On another note about the PSU rush that somebody brought up: 1. I proudly say that I was not one of those who rushed early, and 2. Having that many people lined up right on the edge of the field made for a SICK rush after the clock expired. The field filled up fast on that one.

I was going to post that it wasn't a rush. It was a trickle. Hell, there were four Tellatubbies down there doing cartwheels. The fans were just having fun. Big whoop.

IMO it was unnecessary. Iowa's had enough wins over ranked teams to not rush the field. In 2002-2004 it was acceptable, now shouldn't you EXPECT to beat ranked teams at home? then again, doesn't a small group of fans rush the field after every win.......even ball state?

IMO it was unnecessary. Iowa's had enough wins over ranked teams to not rush the field. In 2002-2004 it was acceptable, now shouldn't you EXPECT to beat ranked teams at home? then again, doesn't a small group of fans rush the field after every win.......even ball state?

Like I said, it's not a "rush" like BIG UPSET, "Pandemonium in Piscattaway!" rush. Fans (especially students) just want to celebrate with the players. That's not a big deal. They want to congratulate the team on the win.

A good rule for determining if it is a true "rush": if you can CLEARLY hear the PA announcer telling fans to stay off the field, then it's not a "rush".

Latest posts