Royce White

hey, its no sweat off my sac. i am trying to save you the frustration that comes with unrealistic expectations.

oh, and im trying to get clones to STFU about how great booker, white, and babb are because logic and my eyes tell me differently.

hey, its no sweat off my sac. i am trying to save you the frustration that comes with unrealistic expectations.

oh, and im trying to get clones to STFU about how great booker, white, and babb are because logic and my eyes tell me differently.

Show me where anyone has said Booker is great? You can't. Yet you come on here and post in every other ISU thread saying Booker is garbage b/c you saw him play 1 game at SIU.

Show me where anyone has said Booker is great? You can't. Yet you come on here and post in every other ISU thread saying Booker is garbage b/c you saw him play 1 game at SIU.

What are you hoping to get from Booker? He really was awful at ISU, but he is tall and can jump high so he will always get opportunities.

What are you hoping to get from Booker? He really was awful at ISU, but he is tall and can jump high so he will always get opportunities.

He hasn't played at ISU now but I get your point! :)

He's not that tall. Honestly though he is a really good athlete that has pretty good skills and a great body (really well put together). He's going to come off the bench for us and I can see him getting 8 and 6 a game. Which is great for a backup post player

I think ISU fans expect less from Booker than the other transfers so it's not a huge deal if he does, in fact, suck. We do need him to be a at least servicable though. I'm not concerned. He's no Archie/Brommer.

Just because I player is not great does not mean he is not good or at least average. I think Booker is an average player but he will probably benefit from being in a different offensive system, as will Babb and Allen.

Let's pick this up during the season to see who's right or wrong. If Booker sucked two years ago it doesn't mean he will suck this year so it's moot whether he has, or has not, seen him play 20+ times.

He hasn't played at ISU now but I get your point! :)

He's not that tall. Honestly though he is a really good athlete that has pretty good skills and a great body (really well put together). He's going to come off the bench for us and I can see him getting 8 and 6 a game. Which is great for a backup post player

He couldn't get 8 and 6 in the MVC, a league with very few quality post players but he's going to put up 8 and 6 in the Big 12?

Honestly 8 and 6 in Hoiberg's system is like 2-2 at SIU. Grindball to the extreme.

Quality posts in the MVC should put up huge numbers due to the extreme dearth of them around the league. Someone who was as highly rated as Booker should be expected to put up a lot more at this level. Remember this is all when the MVC has been down too.

All that said, I would take him off the bench at Iowa in a heartbeat. Being better than Brommer or Archie is not something to be proud of at the BCS level.

Haven't read any of the posts in this thread, but...

As long as White stays out of trouble, he is going to be VERY productive. He was a beast in high school, but really burned a lot of bridges. He got a lot of 2nd and 3rd chances and messed up on all of them. So far, it seems he has his head on straight down in Ames. If he can stay on that path, he's a legitimate all-conf player in his first year with ISU.

Latest posts