Royce White

Chemistry and the lack of an experienced point guard are potential issues for ISU. It seems that many players will be asked to run point and handle the ball, including McGee, Allen, and even Royce White.

It's nice to at least be at the point where there is depth and talent, and only have to worry about chemistry.

Bottom line, I cannot wait for this basketball season and watch all these lottery picks that the Cyclones are going to put out there. No excuse for not winning the Big 12. Chris Allen should be 1st or 2nd team All Conference. I have no doubt.

Because that's exactly what ISU fans are saying.

There are a lot of reasons to be excited about Allen, primarily the praise coaches heaped on him last year. Nothing is for sure but there are plenty of reasons to be excited. That's all it is at this point.

Bottom line, I cannot wait for this basketball season and watch all these lottery picks that the Cyclones are going to put out there. No excuse for not winning the Big 12. Chris Allen should be 1st or 2nd team All Conference. I have no doubt.

Where was this said by cyclone fans?

The only excuse I would have is lack of team chemistry. Time and time again, the most talented teams in the nation can crumble if your team cant work as one. That my only real concern for this season.

I thought we were talking about ISU? Iowa St will take a huge step forward in their talent level next season compared to the last few years, it still will only put them in the middle of the B12 talent wise. Babb, Allen and Christopherson are all solid guards B12 but none of them are elite. Ejim is an average B12 forward, Booker was an average at best player in the MVC. White is the wild card, I think he might be one of the best players in the B12 next year.

The only excuse I would have is lack of team chemistry. Time and time again, the most talented teams in the nation can crumble if your team cant work as one. That my only real concern for this season.

bingo... just look at baylor last year.. they had 10x the talent we did and we somehow upset them..

Ill say again, I cannot wait for this basketball season. Much like when Craig Brackens and Staiger and the rest were going to lead the Clones deep into the tournament ......boy that season was fun to watch.

Ill say again, I cannot wait for this basketball season. Much like when Craig Brackens and Staiger and the rest were going to lead the Clones deep into the tournament ......boy that season was fun to watch.

Better than no hope at all. At least we didn't have the owner of a website predicting an undefeated season.

I thought we were talking about ISU? Iowa St will take a huge step forward in their talent level next season compared to the last few years, it still will only put them in the middle of the B12 talent wise. Babb, Allen and Christopherson are all solid guards B12 but none of them are elite. Ejim is an average B12 forward, Booker was an average at best player in the MVC. White is the wild card, I think he might be one of the best players in the B12 next year.

On paper this team is more talented than last years. Hoiberg was able to squeeze some wins and close games with pretty solid teams last season. Skill depth killed us. If he can take the higher talent he has gained for this season and get them to play as tough as last year, we could be pretty damn good. A lot of questions remain, but to be anything but hopeful about it is silly.

Happy to know you watch. Please don't tune out if we win more than pleases you.

No Iowa State fan has made any claims anywhere near that of a National Championship run. I don't know how you can possibly even fathom us saying that.

However, there's no question, on PAPER, that ISU has a significantly more talented team. Thus, there's much more reason for optimism. Meanwhile, Iowa lost a player believed by many to be a significant contributor. As it is, Iowa doesn't gain much in 2011-12 besides experience, maybe, and that's about it. The freshmen they picked up, IMO, likely won't be ready to contribute too much this season. Now sure, Iowa didn't lose much, but is that really a good thing? Considering it was like an eleven win team (can't remember for sure, too lazy to look up), in this case, it may not be.

Better than no hope at all. At least we didn't have the owner of a website predicting an undefeated season.

Take a step back and realize how dumb this post is...the obsession clone fans have with Jon's prediction last year is hilarious

You know... Iowa was never beat by more than a TD... it isn't like the prediction was that ridiculous. Iowa should have gone undefeated in football last year. I will never know what caused so many of the players to give up in the 4th qtr like they did. It was a very rough season, but still a season Iowa State fans would LOVE to have. I heard that Stanzi has won as many bowl games at Iowa as Iowa State has won in their history. I don't know if that is true as I don't care to look up the pathetic history of Iowa State football. Again... Go post your Cyclone garbage on a Cyclone board.

How did this get turned to football?

Greghammel is now claiming that ISU fans have said (although he would never believe what an ISU fan says, just repeat it) that Royce White is joining the football team and they have said numerous times that he is an All-American calibre running back.

You know... Iowa was never beat by more than a TD... it isn't like the prediction was that ridiculous. Iowa should have gone undefeated in football last year. I will never know what caused so many of the players to give up in the 4th qtr like they did. It was a very rough season, but still a season Iowa State fans would LOVE to have. I heard that Stanzi has won as many bowl games at Iowa as Iowa State has won in their history. I don't know if that is true as I don't care to look up the pathetic history of Iowa State football. Again... Go post your Cyclone garbage on a Cyclone board.
Stay out of the rivalry thread then.

Take a step back and realize how dumb this post is...the obsession clone fans have with Jon's prediction last year is hilarious

You don't have to be obsessed with somethng to find it funny. I found it funny but it was what it was...a prediction. I would have a thicker wallet if iowa would have won more games.

Last edited:
Happy to know you watch. Please don't tune out if we win more than pleases you.

Oh, I won't tune out, but funny how you didn't acknowledge what I pointed out with that stellar Brackins/Staiger/Gilstrap team. That team was led by then Junior PG D. Garrett. I remember how ISU fans were drooling over the start of that season. I'm seeing some interesting parallels. Actually ISU fan had more of a reason to drool over that season as Brackins was a proven commodity, Royce White has yet to show anything on the D1 level. And I'm still curious to see who is going to run the point for this team. No point = no success.

As for Jon's football prediction, at least Iowa's football program is among the best in the nation while he made that prediction. Bowl games year in and year out. Oh and highly thought of bowl games at that. BCS bowls, January 1st bowls. Completely different than inflating a basketball program that has done nothing, (just like Iowa's BB program) for the last decade. How about waiting for a period of sustained success before making lofty expectations.

This isn't all that complicated. ISU is getting a tremendous infusion of talent at a number of positions. This is cause for a lot of optimism...and reasonable hope that Hoiberg may have an NCAA tournament caliber team on his hands. Nobody is making wild claims of National...or even Conference...Championships. But there is reason to expect that this ISU team will be VERY good. At Iowa, I think McCaffrey is a very good coach...but the truth is that he has very little talent to work with this year. If he pulls out a .500 season...that will be a Herculean effort for which he should get much credit. But that's hardly something that's a lot of fun to look forward to. At ISU, we've suffered through many years of the same kind of talent shortage...and finally, that shortage is gone. As someone mentioned above...all that's left to worry about is chemistry and in-game coaching at this point. And I'd MUCH rather worry about that, then live with the knowledge that there simply is insufficient talent to play very good basketball.

Iowa will get there under Coach Fran...but that won't be this year, nor likely next. ISU is "getting there" right now under Hoiberg...and yes, Patrick, that's pretty damn exciting to watch and root for.

You are asking internet message board fans (pick a fanbase) not to be excited about something that may only have a 50/50 chance of coming to fruition. You might as well **** into a 100 mph straight-line wind.

Oh, I won't tune out, but funny how you didn't acknowledge what I pointed out with that stellar Brackins/Staiger/Gilstrap team. That team was led by then Junior PG D. Garrett. I remember how ISU fans were drooling over the start of that season. I'm seeing some interesting parallels. Actually ISU fan had more of a reason to drool over that season as Brackins was a proven commodity, Royce White has yet to show anything on the D1 level. And I'm still curious to see who is going to run the point for this team. No point = no success.

As for Jon's football prediction, at least Iowa's football program is among the best in the nation while he made that prediction. Bowl games year in and year out. Oh and highly thought of bowl games at that. BCS bowls, January 1st bowls. Completely different than inflating a basketball program that has done nothing, (just like Iowa's BB program) for the last decade. How about waiting for a period of sustained success before making lofty expectations.

How is ISU fans hoping for an NCAA berth much different than Iowa fans talking about the NIT? Are you telling me that if we had Royce White we wouldnt be doing the same thing? Its the offseason, and we're fans. Everyone is going to look at things with a lot of optimism.

ISU fans arent predicting a national title or a Big 12 title (at least not any of the sane ones). So why exactly do you have a problem with a fan base talking about making the NCAA tourney?

Your argument is so poor it forced me to side with Mesaclone. That's incredible

Latest posts