Ross P to Alabama - For Real

bob is teh most butthurt butthole on this board.

I remember on the old Scout Board when the Hawks were in the Final 2 for John Clay and there was a poster there who said, in jest, he was going to go to Clay's house and sit outside threatening to slit his wrists while sobbing and singing the Iowa Fight Song until Clay verballed.

bob is coming off a lot like that dude, but is not acting in jest at all. Creepy how obsessed he is with a 17 year old kid changing his mind 6 months before Signing Day.

bob is teh most butthurt butthole on this board.

I remember on the old Scout Board when the Hawks were in the Final 2 for John Clay and there was a poster there who said, in jest, he was going to go to Clay's house and sit outside threatening to slit his wrists while sobbing and singing the Iowa Fight Song until Clay verballed.

bob is coming off a lot like that dude, but is not acting in jest at all. Creepy how obsessed he is with a 17 year old kid changing his mind 6 months before Signing Day.
He's what we call, in the biz, a loser.

Sure there is. Odds are very high that this guy has never played against another D1/FBS prospect. You take a 2/3 star guy who played in Chicago, St Louis, Texas, or New Jersey and you know they have played against much better players than RP has played against.

This is going to be disrespectful to the state of Iowa but I would gladly take an all conference player out of Texas (ex: Anjeus Jones) than the very best player out of Iowa every year. I've seen too many highly recruited kids out of Iowa flop at Iowa to get bent out of shape about losing this guy.

WIth camps all around the country, no question RP has gone up against more than enough FBS opponents to prove his worth. There are plenty of kids in IA that are his size and a fair amount that run the same 40 time as him. He obviously performed well at these camps to show how he fits on a national scale

With all of his back and forth I wouldn't be surprised if he switched back to Iowa at some point.
If Fetentz could talk him out of decommitting twice the kid is obviously swayed easy and I imagine that he didn't call him the third time bc he knew he would get talked into staying. You wonder why kids like this who obviously don't know what they want would just wait awhile before giving a verbal commit

Last edited:
Whoa whoa whoa, boob says we cant let that happen.

We are in the perfect position to turn down top ranked kids at their position.

First, I don't want him here. Second, I assume Kurt is going to sign someone else who will wind up being better than RP, so is Kurt then supposed to yank that kid's scholly if RP decides he wants to come back? Absolutely not.

With all of his back and forth I wouldn't be surprised if he switched back to Iowa at some point.

Maybe you should go do a search for Ross' twitter account and see what some fans have been saying to him. I wouldn't switch back after that. He's had several people tell him they are hoping he tears an ACL and **** like that. Some people are ******* dumb.

On that note, I think we all just need to shut up and move on. He's gone, deal with it. All this bickering, all the "we didn't need him anyway", and the other junk is just giving those pissant clown fans more ammunition. They are having a field day over there with the **** you guys are saying. Just walk away people, walk away.

Maybe you should go do a search for Ross' twitter account and see what some fans have been saying to him. I wouldn't switch back after that. He's had several people tell him they are hoping he tears an ACL and **** like that. Some people are ******* dumb.

On that note, I think we all just need to shut up and move on. He's gone, deal with it. All this bickering, all the "we didn't need him anyway", and the other junk is just giving those pissant clown fans more ammunition. They are having a field day over there with the **** you guys are saying. Just walk away people, walk away.

I'll never understand why people feel the need to do that to a kid.

Unbelievable. You've got this guy on there wishing him a bunch of injuries. Grow up man-
da485bd4e92fc1eb37ef08ff344e2a55.jpeg

Someone needs to revoke hawkeyebob62's twitter access.

And who gives a damn what Cyclone fans are saying? Well, besides you I guess.

I don't even know how to use the twitter so please don't blame me. He will need to get used to Auburn fans telling him he hopes he tears and ACL, though.

The reaction to this news (and the reported twitter statements) are reminiscent of another state school's fan base ... And it's very, very embarrassing.

Please stop. Move on.

Unless we want some old hawk fan to confront Saban while his wife stands by mortified.

I normally see--and expect--better from you.

How did Ferentz "blow it"? Good word, we offered early, he accepted, we didn't waiver, and from all accounts, KF TWICE convinced him to stay committed.

Or are you in the salary-envy camp and think Kirk should have "matched" Alabama's offer.

Frankly, I agree with those "venting". And I really won't be sad for the kid if Saban/Bama pull his offer if he has a mediocre senior year or he gets hurt or whatever. I don't wish him "good luck". This isn't a kid like French or Arrington who was NEVER a verbal, or an out-of-state who decided to stay home. He's an in=state kid who committed. If he didn't have the offer he wanted, he shouldn't have committed. If he is a lifelong Hawkeye fan (which he obviously was not), he wouldn't be "swayed" by Bama/Saban/SEC/national titles. He would be loyal to his state AND his verbal commitment. And since everyone says he is "young", then his parents should have stood up and said he wasn't ready to commit.

Face it, the kid sucks. End of story.

Kurt now needs to go after the 5-star kid whose scholly offer was pulled because RP committed to 'Bama. Two can play this game, you know.

Tork: He gave his word to hold a spot for himself until something better came along. He is going to Alabama, fine, more power to him. I do not fault his choice, but rather the way he went about it. People this day and age don't value their word as a commitment. That is just sad.

Tork: He gave his word to hold a spot for himself until something better came along. He is going to Alabama, fine, more power to him. I do not fault his choice, but rather the way he went about it. People this day and age don't value their word as a commitment. That is just sad.

Like. But let's not forget that the average TavernHokk is a beta who gets stood up by their prom date (who goes to the prom with some jock or prep who has a nice car). Prom date gets pregnant by the jock or prep who promptly bails. In swoops TavernHokk Beta to save the day. "Oh, but it was just a high school senior making a bad decision" he rationalizes to himself. Then comes the wedding. He adopts the kid because "it's the right thing to do." Two years later, that cute prom date is a 300 pound behemoth who smokes two packs a day. She decides she can do better so she divorces the TavernHokk and then the TavernHokk gets nailed for $700 a month child support to raise someone else's kid. This might not be your individual story, but it is the collective story of TavernHokks. Bailed on by prom dates at the last minute, stuck going to the arcade with a pocket full of quarters on that particular Saturday night and left dealing with the mess for years after the fact JUST BECAUSE SOME HIGH SCHOOL SENIOR CAN'T KEEP THEIR FREAKING WORD. Thankfully guys like hawkeyebob62 still have a spine to call out the BS.

Latest posts