Report: Pac 10 to Invite SIX Big 12 Schools

whoever posted that "Iowa State Football is in a better position then Iowa Bball"...you sir are delusional.

I would take Hawkeye bball over Iowa State football any day. I Bball has been on top before. They have had post season success, they have won championships in the last decade. Yes the program is down but is starting it's trend up again. Buy LOW! because it can only go up from here.

What does ISU football have? Celebration of being average. When have they ever been on top? When was there last championship? When will they ever be better then middle of the pack in a week big 12 north?

Face the reality that the rest of the nation sees; ISU has nothing significant to offer a BCS conference. I hope they land in one, but the cards do not look good.

Well.... but ISU has some Insight bowls under their belts, and that one Independence bowl that one time...... what about that bowl they played on the blue turf that time..... well ok yeah nevermind, ISU football 10x's better then Iowa basketball?? You seriously have to be kidding me I hope?

IS Isu bball even ahead of Iowa bball right now? We both going to suck *** next year and we both have new coaches so that's real debatable right now.

IS Isu bball even ahead of Iowa bball right now? We both going to suck *** next year and we both have new coaches so that's real debatable right now.

With all the reports I hear from Jon and others about how hard Fran is working, I would say Iowa is ahead by far in men's bb.

Actually It's not debatable Iowa bball is definately ahead of ISU, for one reason, WERE IN A BCS CONFERENCE, LOL. Then again it might be easier to make the tourney winning the Mac conference tournament!!!!!

Read what busabus said above. Me and him are in agreement. I think a change happens but not this huge change everyone is saying. A lot of rumors that have swirled out without ANY facts to back them up
one of the first stages of dying is denial. You are unreal pal. Wake up and deal with it.

I agree with that, but the slitting wrist idea is BS, many fans think the MWC would be huge for ISU athletics.
You are unicyguy and you have blabbered over on CF that Iowa state should be in the big 10. Now it's the mwc ? Such a fine academic conference. I hope this hurts because it is very entertaining for me.
q

I will say one thing, I sure hope a lot of you Hawk fans live out of the state of Iowa because ISU dropping to a second tier conference would kill the state of Iowa, so as you jump up and down, just think how much our two large universities support our appeal for people moving to Iowa. This deals with more than just athletics, this will hurt Iowa financially. My hate for Iowa runs deep, but I would never say the **** about the Hawks that some would say about the Clones. This is about Iowa not athletics.

Seems to be a lot of chest beating on this thread.

IMO, Iowa State's academic reputation and research interests will be enough to keep them in a premier conference. That is, after all, the purpose of a university.

A lot of small people on here taking pleasure in the distress of fellow Iowans and fantasizing a change that would not be in the best interest for the state of Iowa and its agriculture.

I will say one thing, I sure hope a lot of you Hawk fans live out of the state of Iowa because ISU dropping to a second tier conference would kill the state of Iowa, so as you jump up and down, just think how much our two large universities support our appeal for people moving to Iowa. This deals with more than just athletics, this will hurt Iowa financially. My hate for Iowa runs deep, but I would never say the **** about the Hawks that some would say about the Clones. This is about Iowa not athletics.

Does the fact Wisconsin, Minnesota, Nebraska, Colorado, Missouri, Arkansas and Louisiana having only one BCS school hurt those states? OK, maybe Arkansas and Louisiana are bad examples, but, what about SD, ND, MT, WY and ID not having any? We are one of the few states in this region of the country that have two BCS schools and I'm not sure I see how that has benefited us in any way?

Last I knew, the ISU athletic department was running in the red, costing us tax payer $'s every year, so I don't see how that helps the state of Iowa.

I take great pleasure in seeing ISU squirm. Their fans over inflated opinion of their second rate athletics program is legendary. Join the MVC clowns, you might get as high as 3rd or 2nd place in that conference. The Big 10 doesn't want you, the Big 12 will be vaporized, the MWC will snap up KSU, KU, and BU giving them 12 teams and that will leave ISWHO with no place but the Missouri Valley. LMAO!!

Does the fact Wisconsin, Minnesota, Nebraska, Colorado, Missouri, Arkansas and Louisiana having only one BCS school hurt those states? OK, maybe Arkansas and Louisiana are bad examples, but, what about SD, ND, MT, WY and ID not having any? We are one of the few states in this region of the country that have two BCS schools and I'm not sure I see how that has benefited us in any way?

Last I knew, the ISU athletic department was running in the red, costing us tax payer $'s every year, so I don't see how that helps the state of Iowa.
Nebraska is the only comparison on that list. This is Iowa, our biggest city is Des Moines, 200,000?

I hope ISU is able to land in a BCS conference. One thing I don't want to see is any politician get involved in this process. If either Grassley or Harkin utter one peep about this I will actively support the other candidate when they are up for re-election because we have too much going on in this country for them to grandstand on an issue like this.

I hope ISU is able to land in a BCS conference. One thing I don't want to see is any politician get involved in this process. If either Grassley or Harkin utter one peep about this I will actively support the other candidate when they are up for re-election because we have too much going on in this country for them to grandstand on an issue like this.

If any politicians poke their nose in something like this right now, they should be voted out.

If any politicians poke their nose in something like this right now, they should be voted out.

Politicians love a good boondoggle so I wouldnt be surprised. Just like that one senator (Spector?) investigating the spygate thing with the Pats basically so he could travel to the Super Bowl and dick around while calling it "work"

USA #1

Too much money to keep the politicians out.

BOR will look seriously at "managing" the AD budgets of regent's universities.

I'm sorry I can't believe that there is any truth to this article. The writer hints a couple of times at having some sort of evidence to prove any of this, but he never seems to get around to it.

As far as I am concerned, this is just John sending traffic to a rivals site. They will probably send some love back his way soon.

I'm sorry I can't believe that there is any truth to this article. The writer hints a couple of times at having some sort of evidence to prove any of this, but he never seems to get around to it.

As far as I am concerned, this is just John sending traffic to a rivals site. They will probably send some love back his way soon.

Get over yourself. It was posted on other sites before Jon even got around to it. Not only that but ESPN is now picking up on it. What a tool you are.

I dismiss most of these...but with all the rumors from different media outlets around the country (Boulder, etc)...AND the fact that the Big 12 Commish cancelled his presser...tells me something is up in KC...

The first step to recovery and reality is to look at the facts and admit you have your underwear on backwords for easy entry. Jon did not start the b12 implosion rhetoric, this is national news.

I can remember when the Des Moines Register was touting the big 8 to big 12 expansion as a Super Conference that would dominate the NCAA athletic landscape and how well isu would benefit from the alliance. :D

I am sure when isu lands in a non BCS conference, the Des Moines Register will yet again try to spin a positive outlook for the clones.

Latest posts