Report: Pac 10 to Invite SIX Big 12 Schools

The Cal chancellor was saying this week that the league was going to usher in something that would revolutionize college athletics..wonder if this is it

By doing this, Texas gets to keep playing five regional teams, plus its biggest rival (OU), instate rival (A&M) and the Pac 10 makes a HUGE move in TV power with the central time zone.

This would be a godfather move, and one I had not given thought to...I could see this..and I think it would be a better move for Texas than the Big Ten, because this way they get to keep some rivalries and keep a most favored nation status...

We get Mizzu and Nebby... where do those that are left end up?.... YIKES!

Maybe this makes Kansas a possibility too?

ISU to the new MWC?

ISU to the new MWC would make some sense...KSU probably too...because KSU is going to be left out in the cold, too...that is a REMOTE outpost. Ames is just 20 minutes from a good sized metro...Manhattan, KS? Not so much

This is step 1 in getting ND to cave and join the Big10.... once the BigEast starts to crumble they will want in... I'm starting to think it will happen.

The NCAA should just have a draft. The conference with the best bowl record gets to pick first. Like the Big 12, Big Ten, SEC, Big East, Pac 10 and ACC, and they can choose any teams from those 6 conferences or a non-AQ team that has qualified for a BCS Game in the last 5-10 years ie Boise, TCU, Utah. And no one gets ND because they arent really apart of the NCAA and they wouldnt agree to this because they dont want to play a tough schedule. Then the little conferences can do the samem, and then they can pick a team from D-II that has one the Championship in the last 5 years.

I don't think so. There's a reason why the Pac-10 has a terrible tv deal right now, college football just isn't as popular out west as it is in the midwest and down south.

It's because their games are three hours behind the eastern time zone. that is the primary reason. You add six central time zone teams, three from Texas which is a football crazy state and the 2nd most populous state in the nation, and it changes everything.

Clearly there is nothing official yet, but my gut is telling me this is legit. I don't necessarily think that Texas will accept, but it is definitely the Pac-10's best option for expansion. If I am KU, KSU, and Iowa State, I am nervous.

The time zone is only a problem, because they play at night, start your game at 12:30 and it's 2:30 here. Why don't they do that?

B10 will end up being 16+ teams when its all said and done. Nebraska, Missouri, Rutgers and ????

It's because their games are three hours behind the eastern time zone. that is the primary reason. You add six central time zone teams, three from Texas which is a football crazy state and the 2nd most populous state in the nation, and it changes everything.

The majority of games will still be three hours behind though. And Texas wasn't enough of a draw to get the B12 a good tv deal. There's no doubt if this does actually happen, and this is probably just another rumor being thrown out, the new conference will get a better deal, but I don't think it will be close to matching the pay out per school of the SEC's deal.

ISU to the new MWC would make some sense...KSU probably too...because KSU is going to be left out in the cold, too...that is a REMOTE outpost. Ames is just 20 minutes from a good sized metro...Manhattan, KS? Not so much

Kansas can't go anywhere without K State.

Latest posts