Remember when? You too Jon...

What ranked team did we beat? K thx bai.

Now that we've far exceeded the results that Ferentz haters like you had hoped for, you just simply move the goal posts?

Cool. Now i know who's opinion to ignore since its no longer about results, but simply about getting Ferentz removed.

At least you've "opened your mouth and removed all doubt".

Did you forget to fill your ******* at HY-VEE again?

This Iowa team would get rolled by any of those teams, the O just doenst cut it and the competition those Iowa teams were playing was 10X better then this years. Please join the rest of us on planet earth, at some point.

You're a casual football fan, aren't you?

This Iowa team does not have a great QB or good WRs, but it is VERY salty in the trenches and you can win a helluva lot of football games that way. Give them another few weeks of practice, and I'm not scared of anyone we would draw in a bowl game. Sure, I don't want to play 'Bama or FSU, but the relatively equally stacked teams from another conference, hell yeah, bring them on.

Just seemed like a weird coincidence that this was the only opposing coach's presser you chose to print...guess it was simply a coincidence...no problem...Go Hawks!

It probably did, yet I also posted ******* for Urban and Hoke, too.

You're a casual football fan, aren't you?

This Iowa team does not have a great QB or good WRs, but it is VERY salty in the trenches and you can win a helluva lot of football games that way. Give them another few weeks of practice, and I'm not scared of anyone we would draw in a bowl game. Sure, I don't want to play 'Bama or FSU, but the relatively equally stacked teams from another conference, hell yeah, bring them on.

No one can tell if you are trolling or being legit, no point in responding...

Derp. Maybe some people actually saw how close to 7-5 this team was last year and thought that the ball would bounce the other way this year. Go ahead and just keep thinking those people don't have a brain though because I can tell it makes you feel so good inside to complain.

I can't accept the premise of your statement. Essentially you're saying luck has to do with last year's team being 4-8 and this year's team being potentially 8-4. This team is measurably better than last year. It has nothing to do with the ball bouncing a certain way.

Hayden left the program in a shambles, lets just call it how it was. KF had to rebuild it to get to where he got. Fans raising expectations won't lead to a single win. It will lead to coaching turnover, but not necessarily wins. Look at Michigan with Rich Rod, and now Hoke. For every good hire, I could point to 3 bad hires, and changing coaches isn't a guarantee of anything.

So you go ahead and have unrealistic expectations based on the last 34 years of history of the Iowa football program. Which by the way those 34 years were much better than the years preceding that.

Hayden left the roster in shambles not the program. This program had a good foundation of facilities and excellent fan base (with $ support) in place when Hayden left. Hayden built most of that. KF has also built on that with practice facilities et al. I'm not ready to call KF equal or superior to Hayden just yet. Two reasons that stick out to me are;

1. The coaching lineage Hayden has demonstrates how good of a teacher he was, to his players and coaches. In fairness to KF, perhaps his motives aren't the same and he prefers consistency in his staff over "hot prospects".

2. I think 8 wins during Hayden's time was more difficult to reach than in the modern era. Sure Hayden had cupcakes too, but not 3-4 per season. Teams who played against the equivalent of today's FCS teams were mocked. During Hayden's tenure Iowa played Drake once, and UNI twice. Other than Central Michigan once or twice almost all of the other non-conference games were against major conferences and/or ranked teams.

Edit: I still agree with your main point that replacing KF with a "better" coach isn't as simple as folks make it out to be. Even with the nicer facilities. You're example of Michigan being spot on.

Last edited:
I predicted 6-6 before the year started. And there were times when I thought getting six wins was going to be tough. But I stuck to my prediction. And I am so glad I was wrong.

I predicted 6-6 before the year started. And there were times when I thought getting six wins was going to be tough. But I stuck to my prediction. And I am so glad I was wrong.

Apology not accepted. There needs to be more groveling and begging for forgiveness.

Yep, grew up in the 70s as part of the knothole gang.
I remember Bob Cummings and the cursive Iowa helmets. Horrid.
Hayden did leave the program in shambles. But he also lost every good assistant he had, including KF. He was done.
Haydens coaching tree is amazing. KFs, not so much.
I guess settling is easier to take. When you dont have high expectations, you dont get disappointed.
Am I wrong, but didnt one Bob Stoops want the Iowa job? Hes a pretty good ball coach. So I think Iowa has the potential to make a great hire. Good conference, very good facilities, rabid fan base, an administration that shows it will pay top dollar and guarantee that contract, weak press corp, oh, and a fan base with low expectations. That formula seems to add up to a plum job.
But, I guess my expectations are just too high. LETS WIN 8!!!

Who says Stoops succeeds at Iowa if he comes here? Transitive properties don't work. Dantonio > Saben at Mich. St. Would Dantonio be better than Saben a Bama? Probably not. Rich Rod was great at WVU, and awful at Michigan. I want to win just as much as the next guy. The difference is I'm not going to act like a petulant child if we win 8 games instead of 9.

My expectation and your expectation don't mean crap. High expectation only leads to greater turnover, not a guarantee of success.

I admit that I have bashed KF over the last few years. If he can beat Nebby and get to 8 wins then he has done what I believe is the minimum that he should achieve at Iowa in the regular season. If he gets to 9 then he has done slightly above average. I will not apologize about calling him out because every reason they have had below average seasons is some form of his fault.

It makes me cringe that people are jumping back on the KF bandwagon when although I agree Iowa is moving in the right direction but Iowa hasn't beaten an above average team in a very long time. The teams Iowa has beat will all finish with losing records or the few that don't will have losing records in a average Big Ten. I totally agree that these kids deserve every but of fan support possible. I have not believed in KF for more than a few years now but have kept my season tickets and have actually increased them this year. Does someone who hates Iowa go to the UM game and stay the entire game? I ask that question before the KF supporters freak out.

I would be the happiest guy on the face of the Earth if KF would prove everyone wrong. The road to rebuilding the confidence of the fan base starts Friday. Lay a turd and I'm guessing he will never gain the confidence of most of the fan base ever again.

Go Hawks.

The people that want KF are not going to be happy any way. Some just got caught up in the negativeness. I know a number of people like that myself. Some of them were predicting 2-4 wins. They owe me a dinner now

I predicted a 12-0 season, so I am legitimately disappointed.

Stanzi, ...where ever you are....DON'T FORGET YOU OWE ME A STEAK!

This season hasn't changed anyones minds about KF and the coaching staff at all. The haters still hate, the defenders still defend.

This season hasn't changed anyones minds about KF and the coaching staff at all. The haters still hate, the defenders still defend.

Which makes no sense and tells me they would be still against Ferentz with anything less than a Rose Bowl victory.

The team has exceeded pretty much everyones expectations by 3 or 4 games with a harder schedule than last year and the haters still hate.

Which makes no sense and tells me they would be still against Ferentz with anything less than a Rose Bowl victory.

The team has exceeded pretty much everyones expectations by 3 or 4 games with a harder schedule than last year and the haters still hate.
I disagree a little. I was pretty darn sick of KF after the MSU game. I'm still tired of some of the decisions that are made during the game. With that said, it's pretty obvious that he is trying to make some changes to the program to move forward. If we get to 8 wins, it will be hard not to give him a lot of credit for the turnaround. I'm not saying give him a contract extension, for all of you will jump in with those kind of comments, I'm just saying he should be given credit.

rose bowl win wouldn't matter. they would call it lucky or weak schedule or players won in spite of the coaching

It is funny, cause this is predictable. You see it in politics and political debates all the time. Once you dig into your position you contort in every way imaginable to keep that position.

It was funny, cause OOtH said that I am the same and wouldn't ever stop supporting KF. I said I would if we didn't improve from last year. I don't think he believe/believes me. The funny thing is in some ways KF has lost me a little bit this year, even with the improved team and coaching. That is for a different day though, after the bowl game, when once again the only subject around here will be KF and the haters hatin, and the defenders defending.

Latest posts