Recruiting News, Notes for Homestretch

Yep, Green is gonna be a good one, and Johnston looks like a beast. I'm not sure what he is even going to do next year, UAB has 4 games on the schedule right now???? I mean seriously, WTF man. If I am that kids brother, I tell him go play at a real school, don't follow me to this shit hole because I wasn't good enough to get real football offers.

I couldn't agree more... I don't know the story and don't want to speculate, but if the family wanted him to stay home then go play in the SEC West. Selfish move to pressure him into going to that program, might as well go play at Catfish State....

Doesn't make any sense to me, but I'm not making the decision. I wonder if we'll ever hear about him again in the seasons to come

Yep, Green is gonna be a good one, and Johnston looks like a beast. I'm not sure what he is even going to do next year, UAB has 4 games on the schedule right now???? I mean seriously, WTF man. If I am that kids brother, I tell him go play at a real school, don't follow me to this shit hole because I wasn't good enough to get real football offers.

Yeah, I get the dream of playing ball with your brother but to play 4 games at a school that got rid of their program a short time ago? Try to get your brother to transfer instead....

I know you guys don't like to hear this, but UAB is a very good school in a great college town.

BAMA kid that stayed in BAMA. Consider me less than surprised. Had the Tide offered he would be there. Had Auburn told him they would give him a shot at linebacker he would be there. All speculation, but me thinks he was staying in the Dixie all along.

I couldn't agree more... I don't know the story and don't want to speculate, but if the family wanted him to stay home then go play in the SEC West. Selfish move to pressure him into going to that program, might as well go play at Catfish State....

Family is the only reason why Iowa even had a shot in the first place (family in CR). People seem to forget that. I am as surprised as the next guy but not every recruit's #1 priority is to play in the SEC, B1G, etc. And that isn't a knock on him at all. There ARE other reasons why to choose a school.

No doubt and they'd both have family up in Iowa to watch them there too... That's just weird. To be as good as he is and have the 3 final schools on his list and then decide to do that is pretty crazy... He must just want to stay close to home along with playing with his bro. The weather is a whole lot nicer down there then Iowa but outside that what's UAB going to do for your football career??

BTW, I've tried hard digging on Martin around town the last 24 hours, I'm not getting a good vibe for Iowa at all. Again, it's not from anybody with the family, as they've stopped responding to me. I have lived in Iowa City for 20 years, though, an it's not a huge place.

When is ISM supposed to announce? On the off chance it's not him who is the (currently) silent commit, what about Rafdal or Marchese? I read somewhere they both recently followed Peyton Mansell on twitter, and that Rafdal was very impressed by his visit.

BTW, I've tried hard digging on Martin around town the last 24 hours, I'm not getting a good vibe for Iowa at all. Again, it's not from anybody with the family, as they've stopped responding to me. I have lived in Iowa City for 20 years, though, an it's not a huge place.

Just from paid sites and reading all the stuff surrounding Martin I feel that ship has sailed... Michigan, Michigan State, or Notre Dame is my feeling... Would be shocked at this point, but I thought Johnston was a Hawk for the last week.

Marsette is a distant cousin of Queen latifah!? Now we can't afford to not get him!

Not getting hopes up for Oliver Martin but would be a huge bummer if he goes to another big ten school. Does anyone know when he will announce

When is ISM supposed to announce? On the off chance it's not him who is the (currently) silent commit, what about Rafdal or Marchese? I read somewhere they both recently followed Peyton Mansell on twitter, and that Rafdal was very impressed by his visit.

Who knows but Marsette originally said Fri or Mon (next week) for his announcement according to NJ paper after visiting with him after his return from IC.

I wonder if Martin even knows what he wants to do. Seems to be paralysis by analysis. He has stated several times he wanted to decide by a certain time period, only to see that time period come and go and new schools emerge and then fall away, then come back, then fall away. Take a visit here, no wait he doesn't etc. Heck, at this point I wouldn't be surprised to here him say he isn't going to play football.

I understand why some feel that he isn't going to Iowa though since he hasn't already committed but to me it just means the kid is confused still.

Appreciate the update. Thanks for letting us know what you can. It helps to have a week to release any lingering expectations.

First it was nineties sitcom Martin, now we can obsess over Queen Latifah's cousin. My nineties television watching is finally paying dividends for Hawkeye recruiting.

Latest posts