Recruiting News, Notes for Homestretch

The only thing that perplexes me is Martin seems to be a well put together kid, but it seems like he is confused or disoriented down the recruiting stretch. It just doesn't seem to fit the picture.
Or maybe he's just sly as a fox by keeping it all quiet there's just no way of knowing... I'm sure the last week or so has been just a flurry for him since the Army game he's just had a bunch of new offers and coaches begging for visits left and right. As an 18 yr old kid with all this attention I can only imagine how I'd have handled it... So for him and his family to just keep everything on the down low and in house is really smart. Kudos to them for it. I'd rather that be the case then any of the others who have to put up on twitter which way the winds are blowing that day. Think about it this way. When he commits (I'm optimistic) there won't be time for him to flip somewhere else. Unlike those that commit early we sit around waiting for the shoe to drop where they decommit and have that possibility out there of getting Higdoned... Either way as fans we have that stress of waiting for what we can't control...

I see Martin differently;

He is giving Iowa every chance to name a new QB coach etc. then will make a decision.

He keeps investing other schools in case he does not like or is not comfortable with what Iowa shows him

I see Martin differently;

He is giving Iowa every chance to name a new QB coach etc. then will make a decision.

He keeps investing other schools in case he does not like or is not comfortable with what Iowa shows him

I wouldn't expect any more coaches to be named until after signing day if they are currently employed by another school.

I have a purely curiosity question. Could Iowa have a list of "soft" or "quiet" commits just waiting for signing day and remaining unannounced at Iowa's request to prevent late offers coming in from other schools? For some reason or other, I thought I recalled this strategy in the past, by Iowa or others.

Mansell taking the flag from "He who shall not be named." I wonder who the recruit that he is
Referring about.... I thought I heard Johnson is committing Wednesday

Maybe not on Johnson. Looks like he is following his brother to UAB....drat
That'd be odd. I know it's family, but with schools like Iowa, Ole Miss, Auburn, and Arkansas after you, and you go there?

Edit: Wait, didn't he already narrow his top 3 down to us, Ole Miss, and Arkansas?

Derek Young on Twitter saying he doesn't believe Peyton's tweet relates to Martin from what I've read. Said he doesn't see that happening which, again I believe it only refers to Peyton's tweet.

Who knows who he's referring to but I would be the happiest to hear that it is Oliver

That'd be odd. I know it's family, but with schools like Iowa, Ole Miss, Auburn, and Arkansas after you, and you go there?

Edit: Wait, didn't he already narrow his top 3 down to us, Ole Miss, and Arkansas?

Yea that would just be odd. He just eliminated Auburn and set his top 3 while already having a UAB offer (and UAB wasn't in there). I guess we will see!

Guessing Rafdal or ISM.

Don't know what is going on with UAB and Johnston, hopefully he picks Iowa, he will have big time opportunity here after his Fr year with 3 open LB spots.

I agree. He's got big time offers, but his brother is at UAB. He tweeted out the "Text that changed everything #family" after his top 3. So maybe his brother text him and put UAB back in the mix. Or maybe it was his relatives from Iowa. 247 sports has him leaning toward UAB as well.

I don't have inside sources, just speculation

Latest posts