Recruiting News, Notes for Homestretch

Strong finish to the class. Can't help but think what could have been (we'd have finished ranked 22nd instead of 40th had we held on to our commits and landed Martin) but things could have went worse.
Hopefully with Davis gone our offense opens up and appeals to more WR's moving forward.

Martin will be a good player for Michigan. I don't have any doubt about that, but I really like the WRs the Hawks ended up with. I think Brandon Smith could be better than Martin. Smith-Marsette topped it off with a late commit so that helps. Max Cooper looks like he has great hands.

The bottom line to me is that people look way too much into stars and hype. No one has a clue who is going to do what at the college level. The Hawks really rallied at the end with their recruiting and I think they deserve credit for that. I'm going to give them credit anyways. This class ended up looking way better than I thought it was going to a couple weeks ago.

Martin will be a good player for Michigan. I don't have any doubt about that, but I really like the WRs the Hawks ended up with. I think Brandon Smith could be better than Martin. Smith-Marsette topped it off with a late commit so that helps. Max Cooper looks like he has great hands.

The bottom line to me is that people look way too much into stars and hype. No one has a clue who is going to do what at the college level. The Hawks really rallied at the end with their recruiting and I think they deserve credit for that. I'm going to give them credit anyways. This class ended up looking way better than I thought it was going to a couple weeks ago.

I love Smith's upside too. Star ratings matter, but it's clearly not exact. Rivals had Martin as a 2* before he blew up in camps. Had he not gone to those camps he'd likely be a 2* or lowly 3* with mostly MAC offers. It's still frustrating that Iowa blew this. He said himself he'd have committed had Iowa offered earlier. Oh well, like you I think Smith could end up being just as good.

Latest posts