Recruiting News, Notes for Homestretch

RobHowe

Administrator
Figured I'd start something where I can post updates as not everything turns into a story. I think the biggest news of the day is that KF is conducting an in-home with NJ WR Ihmir Smith-Marsette, who told me today that he expects an Iowa offer and I would agree. He's scheduled to officially visit on Jan. 20. He verbally committed to Rutgers last month. White was recruiting him. I asked if it mattered that White was no longer with the program and he said it did not.

I'll keep adding notes to this during the next 20 days leading up to signing day.

Can KF please do an in home with Oliver Martin? Personally knock on his door and beg him to come play for the Hawkeyes. Explain to him that new offensive coordinator, Brian Ferentz, is going to go all super charged with the new offense.

Can KF please do an in home with Oliver Martin? Personally knock on his door and beg him to come play for the Hawkeyes. Explain to him that new offensive coordinator, Brian Ferentz, is going to go all super charged with the new offense.

Oliver might answer the door wearing Spartan or Fighting Irish gear.

It's hard to get a read on Smith-Marsette... it looks like he's a good head and shoulders taller than everybody else out there, but he's listed as 6'1".

But I like the route running on Van Dyne.

Really love this kid Ihmir Smith-Marsette. think he provides ton of athleticism at the skill positions. Also was a national champion in the 110m hurdles on the track, so clearly a stud athlete. Can provide much needed speed for us.

Really love this kid Ihmir Smith-Marsette. think he provides ton of athleticism at the skill positions. Also was a national champion in the 110m hurdles on the track, so clearly a stud athlete. Can provide much needed speed for us.

Hopefully he doesn't pull an Ogwu and ditch football for track....

Did not know this. I say get as many stud hurdlers as possible. Being able to run fast with coordination carries over very well to football. Not sure if he has good hands as well, but I saw at least one impressive over-the-head catch on his highlights.