Recruiting News, Notes for Homestretch

Johnston tweeted this last night. As some of you know, he has family in the area and his uncle is season ticket holder. Could be a hint. Maybe not. We'll see. He reportedly will announce Wednesday.

Thank you for sharing some soul crushing hope....

Thank you for sharing some soul crushing hope....
Johnston tweeted this last night. As some of you know, he has family in the area and his uncle is season ticket holder. Could be a hint. Maybe not. We'll see. He reportedly will announce Wednesday.

I really want to see Johnston in black and gold. I think he would be a huge get. Plus I don't see how he couldn't be a hawk after this:

Ihmir Marsette..............

..........reported that Iowa is being patient and said they have a home for him and didn't push for a flip right away. Stated he would make a decision this Fri or next Mon. Sounds like we addressed one of his concerns about life being too rural in the IC environment.

My understanding is Johnson was visiting this weekend?..and he's to commit this Wed?...if these two items are true..wouldn't that signify he's a Hawk?..why commit Wed then go to Iowa?

It's going to be an interesting last week and change until NSD. Some of the people I know who have generally had good information have claimed the following:

Kurt Rafdal loved his visit this weekend. Could he make the call?
The coaches really, really like Keegan Glaus could be one to watch.
Trey Creamer was in town, but it's looking like a commitment is doubtful if he still has an offer at Minnesota.
Wide receiver Ihmir Marsette had a good visit, total coin toss at this point, however.
Defensive end Dylan Boles could end up with an Iowa offer this week. Would be a good get.
Despite the information on Thomas Johnston shared in this thread, he looks like a pipe dream. LB prospect Nate Wieland could get a late offer.
Oliver Martin will not play at Iowa. As I stated previously, Alphonso Soko might make the call.

My understanding is Johnson was visiting this weekend?..and he's to commit this Wed?...if these two items are true..wouldn't that signify he's a Hawk?..why commit Wed then go to Iowa?

Johnston already officially visited Iowa.

Rob, I've heard that Martin cancelled the trip and that the flight was cancelled. Which was it? And did he reschedule the trip for this weekend?

Rob, I've heard that Martin cancelled the trip and that the flight was cancelled. Which was it? And did he reschedule the trip for this weekend?

Honestly, it's best to just wait and see.

He was scheduled to visit Ohio State this weekend and then didn't. Why? Don't know. Heard about flight being canceled and also heard they couldn't find one that worked. Perhaps it conflicted with swimming.

As I said, I would just wait and see with Martin. It was reported he was visiting BYU last weekend then it was OSU and Michigan is back in the picture and so on.

It's almost over. :)

He was scheduled to visit Ohio State this weekend and then didn't. Why? Don't know. Heard about flight being canceled and also heard they couldn't find one that worked. Perhaps it conflicted with swimming.

As I said, I would just wait and see with Martin. It was reported he was visiting BYU last weekend then it was OSU and Michigan is back in the picture and so on.

Sounds like smoke and mirrors. Are you suggesting there is a plot twist?

Sounds like smoke and mirrors. Are you suggesting there is a plot twist?

I have no idea. All I'm hearing is speculation from the outside. The kid and his family have not shown their hand publicly. People want to know and thus we get guesses and speculation.

Thanks. I just like hearing from you, not just the rest of us knuckleheads.

P.S. Surprised tOSU didn't deploy the Urban1 jet.

I have no idea. All I'm hearing is speculation from the outside. The kid and his family have not shown their hand publicly. People want to know and thus we get guesses and speculation.

The only thing that perplexes me is Martin seems to be a well put together kid, but it seems like he is confused or disoriented down the recruiting stretch. It just doesn't seem to fit the picture.

It's going to be an interesting last week and change until NSD. Some of the people I know who have generally had good information have claimed the following:

Kurt Rafdal loved his visit this weekend. Could he make the call?
The coaches really, really like Keegan Glaus could be one to watch.
Trey Creamer was in town, but it's looking like a commitment is doubtful if he still has an offer at Minnesota.
Wide receiver Ihmir Marsette had a good visit, total coin toss at this point, however.
Defensive end Dylan Boles could end up with an Iowa offer this week. Would be a good get.
Despite the information on Thomas Johnston shared in this thread, he looks like a pipe dream. LB prospect Nate Wieland could get a late offer.
Oliver Martin will not play at Iowa. As I stated previously, Alphonso Soko might make the call.
Interesting.. I would be psyched to get the big TE Rafdal.
Honestly I would be pretty disappointed if Iowa is not able to land any of Martin, Johnston, creamer, or Ihmir marsette

Interesting.. I would be psyched to get the big TE Rafdal.
Honestly I would be pretty disappointed if Iowa is not able to land any of Martin, Johnston, creamer, or Ihmir marsette

Yeah, it will be disappointing to not get 2 out of the 4: Martin, Johnston, Creamer and Ihmir-Marsette. I get more and more worried we are just going to be poaching MAC commits at the 11th hr.

Thanks. I just like hearing from you, not just the rest of us knuckleheads.

P.S. Surprised tOSU didn't deploy the Urban1 jet.

Thank you. I appreciate you not considering me a knucklehead. You're probably in the minority. :)

Martin's recruitment is pretty unusual. There aren't many this covert in this day and age of fast moving information.

This thread is 6 pgs long and no one has mentioned Eno Benjamin?? I'm disappointed and ready to go back to the good ol' days :)

Latest posts