Recruiting News, Notes for Homestretch

Keep the updates coming rob. Some of us just want the latest news. Speaking of which are there any updates from the weekend?

Thanks. I can tell by the traffic on this thread that a lot of you out there are looking to follow things.

There was a secret visitor this weekend. These things occur when a kid is feeling the pressure and just wants to travel through the recruiting process without distraction from the outside.

Then there's this:

Thanks. I can tell by the traffic on this thread that a lot of you out there are looking to follow things.

There was a secret visitor this weekend. These things occur when a kid is feeling the pressure and just wants to travel through the recruiting process without distraction from the outside.

Then there's this:

This kid is the one that I want the most. Looks like a monster.

Rob, was this mystery recruit actually interested in flipping to Iowa, or just enjoying the free trip?

I was looking at Jack Kallenberger's twitter feed, and his background picture is a dollar bill, like an entire dollar bill. That is a lot of money, like a hundred pennies of money. I think the NCAA might start looking at us after this, its just not a good look to have a recruit showing off that much money. The last thing we need is the NCAA snooping around places like Iowa Central CC looking at all the stuff going on.

Is that Rafdal and Johnston in 82 and 5 respectively? Also, who is number 6?

Rafdal is #82 and Jack Kallenberger is #5. Troy Johnston was at Ole Miss for his OV this weekend.

#6 is ISM (Ihmir Smith-Marsette) the WR from the same High School as Wadley

The idea was to keep Creamer's visit quiet because the kid is feeling overwhelmed. But keeping things quiet in this day and age is nearly impossible. I never took him out of my preview for this weekend's OVs that I published Wednesday.

Warning. Below is an Oliver Martin update. It's up to you, the reader, whether or not you choose to read it:

Michigan really making a push, after ignoring him for awhile......Oliver's recruitment has certainly been anything but predictable.

Hey Rob, any news tonight on recruiting?
See what I did there?

Thank you.

I'm waiting to hear back from Smith-Marsette. He was boarding his return flight when I reached him.

Rafdal is tough to reach but I'm trying. May try his coach in the morning.

Creamer isn't talking.

No commits other than 18 OL Jeff Jenkins.

Could be a crazy final 9 days. I'll do my best to stay on top of it.

Feels like the we're headed to the bottom of the ninth down 4 runs, hoping we can finally get some guys on base, and then find the power hitter we've seldom seen all year.

I'll stick around until the game is over but sure haven't had to get up out of my chair and cheer much since about the 4th inning. Keep looking at the scoreboard and seeing how some of the other teams are doing........that isn't helping.

Johnston tweeted this last night. As some of you know, he has family in the area and his uncle is season ticket holder. Could be a hint. Maybe not. We'll see. He reportedly will announce Wednesday.

Johnston tweeted this last night. As some of you know, he has family in the area and his uncle is season ticket holder. Could be a hint. Maybe not. We'll see. He reportedly will announce Wednesday.

What's the context behind his tweet?

Latest posts