Really starting to think, Jok should not be starting.

Jok is capable of playing very good on ball defense when he wants to, also has a knack for picking off passes(which gets him badly out of position at times). When mostly healthy, Jok is our best overall player, but i'm not so sure it's by a huge margin. Offensively, clearly he's the best, by far. Overall, he's the best overall....but not by far.

He will be our only all conference player and he'll be first team all conference, he's our best player by far

Jok will be first team all Big Ten and you don't think he's our best player this season. Haha

first team all Big Ten is great...but when you put it up against "greatest walkon ever".....

Yes, Jok is our best player. Baer is a close second...overall game wise.

first team all Big Ten is great...but when you put it up against "greatest walkon ever".....

Yes, Jok is our best player. Baer is a close second...overall game wise.

It's not even close. I swear some of you guys have it out for senior players, did it last year with Mike and Woody and are doing it now with Jok.

it is close. I love Jok, I loved Mike G. too. You have your opinion, and I agree that Jok is our best player, you really are strange.

I love Baer and think he's the ultimate glue guy but he's averaging less than 7 ppg and shooting 33% from 3. If he's our best player on the team next year we'll be worse than this year

"LOL" "HAHA" "WHAT?" rinse - repeat blah blah "I know more"... he's honestly one of the dumbest human beings I've encounter and I live in SW Iowa and work in Nebraska every day.

I love Baer and think he's the ultimate glue guy but he's averaging less than 7 ppg and shooting 33% from 3. If he's our best player on the team next year we'll be worse than this year

Never said he was the best player, I think he's Overall the second best player currently. If the 4 true frosh that play don't improve, they we likely will struggle next year without Jok. But I think they will all improve. Moss will need to become one of the main guys, along with Cook and Baer. If Cook can develop a reasonable 10-15 foot shot...whoa nelly.

Never said he was the best player, I think he's Overall the second best player currently. If the 4 true frosh that play don't improve, they we likely will struggle next year without Jok. But I think they will all improve. Moss will need to become one of the main guys, along with Cook and Baer. If Cook can develop a reasonable 10-15 foot shot...whoa nelly.

I'm not holding my breath on Moss right now, he seems to be trending in the wrong direction. I expect Cook to improve quite a bit, especially defensively.

I think Jok's passing is pretty solid for a scorer of his ability. 8 assists vs Purdue, 8 assists at MSU. He hunts shots at times, but this team can get to where they really look for Jok to score. When he trusts his teammates, he is a really good offensive player. Plus, he is a fairly solid rebounder when he puts in the effort.

Some of that is a by product of how much attention he gets from the opposing defenses. You are right, for a guard Jok is a solid rebounder.

I'm not holding my breath on Moss right now, he seems to be trending in the wrong direction. I expect Cook to improve quite a bit, especially defensively.

It's all mental for Moss, I still think he can be the guy, he has all the tools, just needs time. Almost everyone on this team has shown flashes of great, but have all been inconsistent. Williams had a great game and i'd like to see him getting more minutes(but dude needs to develop a mid range jumper). If he could take some PG minutes from Jbo and let Jbo go to 2 guard for about 10-15 minutes per game, along with Ellingson, that would be awesome.

The building blocks are there. Build around Cook, with Baer as the glue, and find ways to get Jbo and/or Ellingson open looks. It's all very exciting.

Some of that is a by product of how much attention he gets from the opposing defenses. You are right, for a guard Jok is a solid rebounder.

Also, you can see him crank of the defense in spurts. He is a pure scorer, and that's what he'll be at the next level, defense optional.

Moss will be fine. He likely won't ever be as good as we as fans would like or expect, but I believe he will be solid with some serious upside if he puts it all together. It does appear to me that he has "hit the wall" as commonly referred to for Freshman. His confidence might be a little low right now as well. Those should be easy enough things to square away by next seasons time.

Latest posts