Really starting to think, Jok should not be starting.

Haha this thread

Yup. I would delete it now if I could lol. The young man was much better tonight. Energetic, active defensively, verbal leader. His shot still wasn't on fire , but he was smart to force contact quite a bit once the foul calls started going Iowa's way. He can use this game as a blue print of how to still be a major factor when your 3 ball isn't going down. Kudos to Jok tonight.

Yup. I would delete it now if I could lol. The young man was much better tonight. Energetic, active defensively, verbal leader. His shot still wasn't on fire , but he was smart to force contact quite a bit once the foul calls started going Iowa's way. He can use this game as a blue print of how to still be a major factor when your 3 ball isn't going down. Kudos to Jok tonight.

He's been great all year. Even great players have some bad games. Hopefully we make the NIT so we can watch him play longer this season because he's special

He's been great all year. Even great players have some bad games. Hopefully we make the NIT so we can watch him play longer this season because he's special

In all fairness I never said he was a bad player. I merely said that his shot wasn't falling and he was forcing things too much. Sure it was only a 3 game stretch and a game or 2 before the back injury sidelined him. I still do stand behind the philosophy of taking a guy in a slump out of the starting lineup in attempt to light a fire. Either way the point is moot now. You do have to admit though that Jok blended with the team and gameplan so much better tonight. Tonight was a stark contrast to the past few games.

During his slump, I was of the mindset that he was a defensive liability. But when he is determined, he is easily the best player on the court. It is crazy to think he didn't have a great shooting game (yeah 50% from the field, but only 1 of 6 from three) yet he is still able to score 35 points.

So Iowa wins 1 game after losing 3 in a row and all is forgiven? We still shouldn't have lost at home to Illinois and Jok was part of it, especially that turnover late in the game. Jok is a 1 dimensional player and when he isn't putting up 20+ points per game he is a liability on the court.

So Iowa wins 1 game after losing 3 in a row and all is forgiven? We still shouldn't have lost at home to Illinois and Jok was part of it, especially that turnover late in the game. Jok is a 1 dimensional player and when he isn't putting up 20+ points per game he is a liability on the court.

He's by far our best player and it's not even close. It's not like our other players are good at defense.

22-23 FTs. That's simply amazing. Jok sets the Iowa record, besting Don Nelson's record of 21.

it's incredible. Freethrow shooting won Iowa the game. Cook shot well from the stripe as well. 83% as a team...which is crazy good, and you'll win most games doing that. But Jok....wow. Jok and Jbo went 27-28 from the line.... nuts.

Haha you're joking right? If he's not our best player who is?

I'm not going down that worm hole with you. If scoring is your only criteria then I guess he is our best player. Ball handling, passing, defending...he does none of that well.

I'm not going down that worm hole with you. If scoring is your only criteria then I guess he is our best player. Ball handling, passing, defending...he does none of that well.

Exactly, he's our best overall player by far and it isn't even close. Our best offensive players are also our worst defensive players which is why we are where we are

Haha you're joking right? If he's not our best player who is?

Jok is our best player when mostly healthy, not sure anyone is refuting that. Jok is the best and most important player on the team, when mostly healthy. We will miss Jok next year in many games.

The whole team played better when the starters were benched in the beginning of the game. I don't think that's completely irrelevant.

When he's playing well, I'm not sure anyone is more overall important than Nic Baer. Stats won't probably back that statement up, but dude just does everything, many of which don't show on stat sheet. Jok is awesome to watch when he's mostly healthy and balling, but Nic Baer is my favorite Hawkeye.

I think Jok's passing is pretty solid for a scorer of his ability. 8 assists vs Purdue, 8 assists at MSU. He hunts shots at times, but this team can get to where they really look for Jok to score. When he trusts his teammates, he is a really good offensive player. Plus, he is a fairly solid rebounder when he puts in the effort.

Jok is our best player when mostly healthy, not sure anyone is refuting that. Jok is the best and most important player on the team, when mostly healthy. We will miss Jok next year in many games.

The whole team played better when the starters were benched in the beginning of the game. I don't think that's completely irrelevant.

When he's playing well, I'm not sure anyone is more overall important than Nic Baer. Stats won't probably back that statement up, but dude just does everything, many of which don't show on stat sheet. Jok is awesome to watch when he's mostly healthy and balling, but Nic Baer is my favorite Hawkeye.

Love Baer. He makes the winning plays in many games. Loved his reaction with the bench on the rebound dunk. He had a great pass to Cook for a dunk. He had the block at the end of the first half. He also had a great drive and dish late that got Ellingson an open 3 (he missed).

I am not sure the offense will ever flow through Baer, but we get to watch him for 2 more years after this one. Should be fun.

Exactly, he's our best overall player by far and it isn't even close. Our best offensive players are also our worst defensive players which is why we are where we are

Jok is capable of playing very good on ball defense when he wants to, also has a knack for picking off passes(which gets him badly out of position at times). When mostly healthy, Jok is our best overall player, but i'm not so sure it's by a huge margin. Offensively, clearly he's the best, by far. Overall, he's the best overall....but not by far.

Latest posts