Really starting to think, Jok should not be starting.

Exactly, he's our best overall player by far and it isn't even close. Our best offensive players are also our worst defensive players which is why we are where we are

You're not getting it, when Jok is not scoring he is probably the worst player on the court. When he is scoring, then yes, he is the best player on the team.

It's all mental for Moss, I still think he can be the guy, he has all the tools, just needs time. Almost everyone on this team has shown flashes of great, but have all been inconsistent. Williams had a great game and i'd like to see him getting more minutes(but dude needs to develop a mid range jumper). If he could take some PG minutes from Jbo and let Jbo go to 2 guard for about 10-15 minutes per game, along with Ellingson, that would be awesome.

The building blocks are there. Build around Cook, with Baer as the glue, and find ways to get Jbo and/or Ellingson open looks. It's all very exciting.

Moss is finishing up his second year of the program so that's not promising

You're not getting it, when Jok is not scoring he is probably the worst player on the court. When he is scoring, then yes, he is the best player on the team.

Bohannon and Cook are worse defenders than Jok and even when Jok isn't scoring he's always drawing attention. You couldn't be more off on this one

Bohannon and Cook are worse defenders than Jok and even when Jok isn't scoring he's always drawing attention. You couldn't be more off on this one

Do you have any clue how bad Jok would look if he was asked to guard the point like JB does or a post player like Cook does?

Do you have any clue how bad Jok would look if he was asked to guard the point like JB does or a post player like Cook does?

Do you know bad it is when JB has to guard any guard or any wing? Bigger guards shoot over him and quicker guards go around him and his close outs are pitiful

Moss and Jok had pretty much EXACTLY the same kind of #'s after 2 seasons in the program and Moss is going to get an extra year. What you sell around here, no one buys it.

Jok was also a highly touted recruit and improved more than anyone ever has here in recent times along with Marble

Jok was also a highly touted recruit and improved more than anyone ever has here in recent times along with Marble

Uthoff was NIGHT and DAY from his Soph year to his Sen year... and I NO ONE and I mean NO ONE is more hung up on what a recruiting site thought about 15-17 year old kid was projected at then you. It's like, impossible for them to ever be better than what some guy who makes less than 20k a year to write a blog thought about them in High School.

Uthoff was NIGHT and DAY from his Soph year to his Sen year... and I NO ONE and I mean NO ONE is more hung up on what a recruiting site thought about 15-17 year old kid was projected at then you. It's like, impossible for them to ever be better than what some guy who makes less than 20k a year to write a blog thought about them in High School.

Uthoff was really solid as a sophomore, shot 43% from 3 and got almost 5 rebounds a game in less than 20 mpg

Uthoff was really solid as a sophomore, shot 43% from 3 and got almost 5 rebounds a game in less than 20 mpg

I didn't say he was bad, I said his play was night and day and he improved. He did, I am not sure why you keep claiming to know more about basketball then other people.

I didn't say he was bad, I said his play was night and day and he improved. He did, I am not sure why you keep claiming to know more about basketball then other people.

I know more about basketball than you which isn't saying much. Maybe you're smarter than you come off and you're just trying to pick fights with me. Who knows

I know more about basketball than you which isn't saying much. Maybe you're smarter than you come off and you're just trying to pick fights with me. Who knows

I am trying to pick fights with you ...glad you could pick that up... and no I do not claim to be all knowing or the smartest guy cause I'm not. I don't know every thing. I don't pretend to. I'm glad that think you do tho because it makes it fun to dismantle you at every turn.

The ability to regurgitate statistics does not make you smarter than any one on this board.

I am trying to pick fights with you ...glad you could pick that up... and no I do not claim to be all knowing or the smartest guy cause I'm not. I don't know every thing. I don't pretend to. I'm glad that think you do tho because it makes it fun to dismantle you at every turn.

You're making yourself look dumb by doing it

I'll let others decide that, let's just say your reputation on here might not be the best for making any kind of statements on anything

I've said nothing unreasonable today, I guess because Bohannon had a bad game people like you will just attack everything I say regardless or whether it's accurate or not

"Moss is finishing up his second year of the program so that's not promising"

I pointed out that Jok and Moss have nearly identical #'s in year 2 of the program and you said, well Jok was ranked higher out of High School which 1. doesn't matter and 2. makes NO sense. We GET who you are dude.

Giving Jok adequate rest during the game is key imo. He is better offensive and defensive player when he's not cashed out. So like what I saw last night in how they rested him throughout the game.

"Moss is finishing up his second year of the program so that's not promising"

I pointed out that Jok and Moss have nearly identical #'s in year 2 of the program and you said, well Jok was ranked higher out of High School which 1. doesn't matter and 2. makes NO sense. We GET who you are dude.

I never said Jok was mentally weak after his sophomore year either.

Giving Jok adequate rest during the game is key imo. He is better offensive and defensive player when he's not cashed out. So like what I saw last night in how they rested him throughout the game.

I agree that this could be the case. Some shooters do better when they are very tired though. Sort of like the running back that gets better and the game goes on as long as the legs aren't gone.

A local radio station plays a lot of Big Games and the MN announcers in that game said that IU just didn't have the athletes to defend at the Big Ten level on an individual basis. IU has only won 5 games. My take is he defense wasn't as good to cover up some of Iowa's supporting cast on offense. Jok is one heck of a player to contain without support help. When Jok doesn't score, I would look at what the defense is doing to the supporting cast and how much help the Jok defender is getting. The guy is amazing.

Latest posts