Really starting to think, Jok should not be starting.

Looks like a classic case of the try hards. Jok is a gifted shooter and average to slightly above average in most other areas. These weaknesses are being exposed repeatedly. It's looking like Stevie Wonder could see how to stop Jok. The kid is trying hard. To hard. Most of what we are seeing from him is black hole offense and forced attempts to score. The games he sat out should have allowed him to see that he doesn't have to score so many points. He said he had faith in his teammates but he still holds onto the ball and disrupts the motion of the offense. I'm struggling to understand why Fran has not seen this yet. I really hope he adjusts as this season still has games left to be played and it wouldn't even take a miracle (but definitely a stretch) to go on a run and play our way to the NCAA. I would like to see 1 game where Jok shoots if he's open or passes before he has dribbled away 10 seconds of the shot clock. Jok could be a great weapon for this team if he just re-learned his roll from last year. Instead he looks like Kobe Bryant in his last year of NBA ball. All try, no succeed.

This and your subsequent post are really dumb. Sort of like being on Ruddock. You ignore the obvious.

Yeah lets bench our best player that is such an intelligent idea.

Definitely makes recruits want to come here also! Given the team four years, All Big 10 player, leads the team in points, rebounds per game, second in steals and assists, plus came back to school this year when you could have left and played somewhere professionally. But we are building for next year so thanks for playing, we are benching you lol. Oh yeah, keep going to class, you must be close to graduating by now so there's that positive! How could recruits not want to jump on the opportunity to follow in those footsteps?

Personally, I think that Jok should release his shot more like he did the first half of the season. He could get his shot off then with people in his face. Are his injuries enough to change his aggressiveness or is it all in his head?

Personally, I think that Jok should release his shot more like he did the first half of the season. He could get his shot off then with people in his face. Are his injuries enough to change his aggressiveness or is it all in his head?

Personally he needs some good experienced players around him. He needs s coach who can teach position defense, get a real pt guard and can coach half court. The guy will play NBA not just get drafted.

And turnovers and minutes played. The only reason he led the team in scoring is because Illinois let him dribble into a wide open three with under 5 seconds left.

I'm not saying he shouldn't start. I just think he needs to play significantly less minutes, because he is still hurt. And the stats pretty much spell that out:

Last 7 games:

25/70 FG (35.7 %)
8/37 3PT (21.6%)
3.14 Turnovers Per Game
Bad defense

He's by far our best player

When healthy, absolutely. Right now I'm not sure who our best player is. That in itself is a problem.

It is easy to see he is a great player on a weak team. Players like that get beat up physically and mentally. Iowa through youth an inexperience with some very mediocre players doesnt have much to compliment him.

Rutgers was a bad team. OSU was still trying to figure out how to play with out future NBA Bates-Diopp.

It is easy to see he is a great player on a weak team. Players like that get beat up physically and mentally. Iowa through youth an inexperience with some very mediocre players doesnt have much to compliment him.

Rutgers was a bad team. OSU was still trying to figure out how to play with out future NBA Bates-Diopp.

Rutgers is actually top 60 in adjusted D and we almost hung 50 on them in the 1H.

Diopp isn't nearly as good as you think and he was hurt in their second B1G game so I think they've had plenty of time to adjust. Lol.

We are a better team with a healthy Jok, no question, unfortunately he's not healthy right now, and IMO would be better suited around 20-25 minutes a game (still starting).

Rutgers is actually top 60 in adjusted D and we almost hung 50 on them in the 1H.

Diopp isn't nearly as good as you think and he was hurt in their second B1G game so I think they've had plenty of time to adjust. Lol.

We are a better team with a healthy Jok, no question, unfortunately he's not healthy right now, and IMO would be better suited around 20-25 minutes a game (still starting).

You can brag about Rutgers if u want. Im not wrong about Diopp. Been watching him play for 7 years. Guy can play 5 positions.

You can brag about Rutgers if u want. Im not wrong about Diopp. Been watching him play for 7 years. Guy can play 5 positions.

He's a solid B1G player. Probably honorable mention type. Nothing more.

What are we even arguing here? I agree Iowa is better off with a healthy Jok. I just don't think he's healthy right now and the stats prove that. We still need him, just at a more manageable 20-25 minutes.

He's a solid B1G player. Probably honorable mention type. Nothing more.

What are we even arguing here? I agree Iowa is better off with a healthy Jok. I just don't think he's healthy right now and the stats prove that. We still need him, just at a more manageable 20-25 minutes.

He just led us in rebounds, points and assists yesterday.

And the bench was 7-24 FG.
Baer led the team in 3FGA with 7

-- that should never happen with the shooters on this team-- one of them named Jok

Baer was 3-10 from the field, 2-7 from the 3 pt. line. He flat out just missed a bunch of open looks.

Latest posts