Really starting to think, Jok should not be starting.

How I see it is....

Jok has never 'lost' us a game
Jok has 'won' us games
People obviously key on him, opening up others to contribute to wins when he's merely average.

We would be a more than a few games below our win total now without him, warts and all.

How I see it is....

Jok has 'won' us games
People obviously key on him, opening up others to contribute to wins when he's merely average.

We would be a more than a few games below our win total now without him, warts and all.[/QUOTE]

"Jok has never lost us a game" is subjective.
Missing last second shots and turning the ball over on last second possessions could certainly be perceived as direct loss cause and effect. I do agree though that Jok has been way more of an asset than a detriment to Iowa basketball. The scrutiny recently stems from a few games stretch where it had been hard to see his positive contributions and was much easier to see and focus on his slump shooting and mistakes. Either way we only have him for 4 more games minimum and 11 games maximum. I hope we can all enjoy the end of his hawkeye career and remember him for the great player and ambassador of the University of Iowa that he is.

How I see it is....

Jok has 'won' us games

We would be a more than a few games below our win total now without him, warts and all.

That turnover against Illinois was huge and that's the most recent.

I'll agree offensively he does make the team better but I can see how the team will be fine without him next year.

Moss is finishing up his second year of the program so that's not promising

I bet you are totally kicking yourself for letting go of that Moss troll so fast and so easily. Just imagine how many Iowa would be defending him right now, as you happily trollololololol on and on and on about him like you do Jordan.

How I see it is....

"Jok has never lost us a game" is subjective.
Missing last second shots and turning the ball over on last second possessions could certainly be perceived as direct loss cause and effect. I do agree though that Jok has been way more of an asset than a detriment to Iowa basketball. The scrutiny recently stems from a few games stretch where it had been hard to see his positive contributions and was much easier to see and focus on his slump shooting and mistakes. Either way we only have him for 4 more games minimum and 11 games maximum. I hope we can all enjoy the end of his hawkeye career and remember him for the great player and ambassador of the University of Iowa that he is.

It is fairly subjective. One could say that since Jok is our most important player, that any off games, or poor performances down the stretch by him hurts the team far more than poor plays by others down the stretch, or off games by others.

Oh, and the idea of benching Jok is just a non starter. As case could be made to bench him when he was obviously still hurt.....and Fran did end up doing that. If Jok is healthy, you let him play through off shooting nights or poor performances.

That turnover against Illinois was huge and that's the most recent.

I'll agree offensively he does make the team better but I can see how the team will be fine without him next year.

His half court pass for no reason against Nebraska probably cost us that game too.

I bet you are totally kicking yourself for letting go of that Moss troll so fast and so easily. Just imagine how many Iowa would be defending him right now, as you happily trollololololol on and on and on about him like you do Jordan.

At the time he felt like he needed to give something back to help hide his trolling. Now he doesn't even atempt to hide it anymore.

At the time he felt like he needed to give something back to help hide his trolling. Now he doesn't even atempt to hide it anymore.

Yep, no reason for him to even pretend to root for the Hawks when this site isn't moderated by anyone. That is most of the reason why I troll the trolls......nobody else around here does shit about them.

Oh, and the idea of benching Jok is just a non starter. As case could be made to bench him when he was obviously still hurt.....and Fran did end up doing that. If Jok is healthy, you let him play through off shooting nights or poor performances.

Ya that is one way to go about it. If it was 1 game I absolutely agree. If it gets to 3 in a row I think to be practical you have to consider the idea of taking a guy in a slump out of the starting rotation.

P.S. this almost happened by default since Fran pulled all the startes after what 2 minutes in the Indiana game. It is just my opinion that great players should be held to an even higher standard of consistency. A 3 game slide for your best player is the real concern zone for me and my personal preference would be to send a message ASAP. I actually think Fran was forced to send that message immediately in the Indiana game.

Ya that is one way to go about it. If it was 1 game I absolutely agree. If it gets to 3 in a row I think to be practical you have to consider the idea of taking a guy in a slump out of the starting rotation.

P.S. this almost happened by default since Fran pulled all the startes after what 2 minutes in the Indiana game. It is just my opinion that great players should be held to an even higher standard of consistency. A 3 game slide for your best player is the real concern zone for me and my personal preference would be to send a message ASAP. I actually think Fran was forced to send that message immediately in the Indiana game.

You could probably find a 3 game slump for every great player this year.

Pete is a great player, but this young team relies on him too much when he's on the floor. They do a lot better job of finding the open man and taking good shots when available when they aren't so focused on feeding Pete. Not his fault, just inexperience on the rest of the guys.

Pete is a great player, but this young team relies on him too much when he's on the floor. They do a lot better job of finding the open man and taking good shots when available when they aren't so focused on feeding Pete. Not his fault, just inexperience on the rest of the guys.

When Pete keeps rotating the ball and stays within the offense, all is well. When he feels he has to go one on one constantly and sometimes gets the ball stolen from him is when there might be a perception that the team is better off with him not out there.

They rely on him because he's our best player and is averaging over 20 ppg

When Pete keeps rotating the ball and stays within the offense, all is well. When he feels he has to go one on one constantly and sometimes gets the ball stolen from him is when there might be a perception that the team is better off with him not out there.

He has a really low turnover percentage. He's not a perfect player but nobody is. We're much better with him than without him

He has a really low turnover percentage. He's not a perfect player but nobody is. We're much better with him than without him

If nobody is perfect and you seem to overlook everyone elses flaws, why do you then bitch, moan, complain, grip, whine, bash, and carry on about Jordan's flaws?

Because he's not good. Jok is good

If he isn't good, how can he average more PPG than Mike over his career, more APG than Mike over his career, and is a way better eFG% than Mike over his career? You said over and over and over again what a good offensive player Mike was. You lectured us that 8 PPG was a very important scorer on the team. You told us over and over again that a 43% eFG% was an efficient scorer.

Why was Mike such a good offensive player, but Jordan isn't? We are talking strictly offense, and things you said strictly about Mike's offense.

I can't believe I'm seeing this thread. If anything, we ought to admit that it would be difficult for anyone to be "the best" on this team, but Jok has certainly done enough to be considered the best. And we are talking about him not deserving to start (and with no discussion of how great he actually could be as a sixth man). Ridiculous thread.

They rely on him because he's our best player and is averaging over 20 ppg

Basketball is not a 1 man sport. When a team "relies" on a single player that is a recipe for disaster. The other 10 players on the team should not and can not rely on Jok to do things outside the framework of the offense.

Latest posts