Racism unique to only Iowa within the college ranks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
But hey we are always hiring on the humanitarian side.
It sucks. You get to deal with a bunch of assholes being rude to another bunch of assholes.
But in the end it's worth it.
Or so I am told.

At least Rob doesn't even pretend to want to see anyone else's viewpoints. I've tried my ass off the last 2 weeks to try to understand more. I've learned more about the path history went down to hold black people down. I've unfortunately learned zero things on how to fix it because no one talks about that. The last 2 weeks of learning have softened my feelings on white privilege and unconscious bias. But its hardened my stance on the left movement to divide.
Why did it take the events of the last two weeks to get you to "try to understand more."

You should have been trying to understand a lot sooner than that.

Look I had a negative bias toward gay and lesbian people when I was younger. I have come a long way in thirty years. Instead of pointing the finger I have spent a lot of time pointing the thumb instead.

Nothing?
You are right and you are wrong. That's the paradox!!! The other side of what you are arguing is right and wrong. That's the paradox!!!
Micro/macro paradox works in one aspect and not in another.
That's why it's called a paradox.
Hello, is this thing on??
Jesus.

This is a non funny Who's on 2nd. In this case Ollie is an ass.

HUD had no enforcement ability on racial discrimination in housingnhousing u1988.

Northern segregation was by design.

Some interesting information on the discrimination of blacks. Tell me some facts about why blacks murder blacks in large numbers.

It's about gangs, drugs and lack of jobs. The lack of jobs and drugs feed the murder. Drugs is about covering trauma pain.

Wasn't a genuine question though.

Why did it take the events of the last two weeks to get you to "try to understand more."

You should have been trying to understand a lot sooner than that.

Look I had a negative bias toward gay and lesbian people when I was younger. I have come a long way in thirty years. Instead of pointing the finger I have spent a lot of time pointing the thumb instead.
Because I didn't have any idea I needed to learn anything. Turns out I did need to tweak my opinion on systemic racism a tiny bit. So unfortunate I didn't do that decades ago. It would have changed everything for me!

It's not stopping with just Aunt Jemima. Once they take care of these logo's it should end racism.

The irony in this I think both Aunt Jemima and Uncle Ben logo's were created by black people. But at the end of the day I don't need a logo to eat pancakes or rice and if it's offending some people then begone.

Iowa fans are unusually white
Iowa graduation rate is low for blacks
Iowa did have an abusive environmentf
Iowa under KF is likely way higher than normal on control.

Abusers have a way of keeping things quiet a long time. Think in terms of sexual harassment on the job. 5 years ago a woman had little real recourse.
"Under control" - discipline and culture play a critical role in what KF believes is key to the program's success. Can KF be successful any other way?

Jesus do you even understand the micro macro paradox that you were talking about as it pertains to economics and human interaction???
Or did you just Google it and found out it was a thing and try to use it as a counter argument?
it's basically the same as give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day teach a man to fish and he'll eat for a lifetime.
The keywords being give as in economics which doesn't work. And teach as in human interaction which does work. it doesn't matter if it's one man or an entire country.
So yeah again micro meaning one man macro meaning a group a country or the whole world, irregardless It's a larger sum.
Of course I do. What's good for one man isn't necessarily good for the country or world as a whole, in many cases it's even detrimental. That's a complete fallacy.

Because I didn't have any idea I needed to learn anything. Turns out I did need to tweak my opinion on systemic racism a tiny bit. So unfortunate I didn't do that decades ago. It would have changed everything for me!
I have pointed a lot of thumbs over the years and I still am. Life is a learning process.

"Under control" - discipline and culture play a critical role in what KF believes is key to the program's success. Can KF be successful any other way?

As or more successful?..yes but you are sugar coating the process.

Put another way using your tactics.

Can KF win with players w players who are "good blacks) that recognize their role and don't make facial expressions or comments about race? You seem to think not.

As or more successful?..yes but you are sugar coating the process.
li
Put another way using your tactics.

Can KF win with players w players who are "good blacks) that recognize their role and don't make facial expressions or comments about race? You seem to think not.
That is how he has won in the past and many players stayed silent because the pros outweighed the cons. Now the floodgates have been opened KF must change or at least give the appearance of change. Parting ways with Doyle, listening sessions, and anti-racist training may be sufficient to assuage the majority of the fan base. To coaches like KF, everybody must play their role and nobody should voice concerns that could harm team cohesion or make the program look intolerant. Many old-school posters believe that if you don't like the culture here, leave. I don't think the culture will change, only the expressions used to motivate wiil change.

But hey we are always hiring on the humanitarian side.
It sucks. You get to deal with a bunch of assholes being rude to another bunch of assholes.
But in the end it's worth it.
Or so I am told.

Amazingly the humanitarian side sounds a lot like the political side in terms of assholes.

I'm seriously curious on this question. Is it racist towards blacks to make fun of white people for wearing their pants around their ass?

It's not stopping with just Aunt Jemima. Once they take care of these logo's it should end racism.

The irony in this I think both Aunt Jemima and Uncle Ben logo's were created by black people. But at the end of the day I don't need a logo to eat pancakes or rice and if it's offending some people then begone.

Time to change the "Cracker Barrel" into the "Caucasian Barrel".

Status
Not open for further replies.