Pelini having a terrible day

Greg Davis's game plan to handle Suh was nothing short of masterful that day.
The problem with Davis' offense is that it is designed to go up against great athletes that you find in the Big XII. When you put the lead foots of the BoneG in front of him, it throws off all of his schemes.

Truth is an absolute defense. Nebraska fans are fair-weather fans. They deserve his derision. And I'm no fan of Pelini.

Fair weather fans? They have the longest string of sell-outs in college football history...going all the way back to 1962. That's pretty much the opposite... of fair weather fans.

And don't give me the "there's nothing else to do in Nebraska" line. That's exactly what Gopher fans say about IOWA.

You know what...I am not a Nebby fan, but I kinda do like Pelini's emotion/enthusiasm (certainly not advocating that extent of emotion for Hawks). What I think (which really doesn't matter) is that the reporter that let that personal, unauthorized soundbite slip to Deadspin or any other media outlet is a real spineless effin P***y. I believe that weasels like that are POS scumbags and probably live miserable lives, with littleman disease. While it's a pretty poor choice of surrounding to be exposing himself, I sincerely hope Bo doesn't lose his job over "that". I would think most true, good fans (that have their profanity filter on) should still be able to overlook the fact that BP was blindsided in his emotional personal release of tension. Of course, that is if the true fan likes him in the first place (this I do not know). It's the world we live in now, where a 2 bit story gets you 15 minutes of fame/flaming to expose a story in this overly PC world. Rant over.

PS It was fun to listen to though!

Thats only because they have been winning. Look at their basketball fans. They all became Creighton fans and gave up on NE basketball. They must be the greatest fans in the world.

In listening to the audio again, it gets real loud at one point when the broadcaster was talking...apparently he is with the Husker radio network...I would wager that someone running the board that night at HQ, likely an hourly employee, cut and saved that clip to a thumb drive and sat on it for a rainy day. I would strongly wager that audio came through the Husker Radio Network mic.

Pelini aint surviving this one. I doubt he makes it to the end of the week. I would be curious to know if this behavior somehow allows Nebraska an out in the contract.

Fair weather fans? They have the longest string of sell-outs in college football history...going all the way back to 1962. That's pretty much the opposite... of fair weather fans.

And don't give me the "there's nothing else to do in Nebraska" line. That's exactly what Gopher fans say about IOWA.

I live here(Omaha). I'm here to tell you...
1) the sellout thing is horseshite. Sure they sell every seat cause the corporate sponsors buy them if there are any remaining. See #2 for reasons
2) there are no other D1 programs in the state, obviously no pro teams, there is no significant fbs teams, and there is no longer any college footnall in Omaha. 80 percent of the states population lives within an hour of Lincoln. They have no less to do than Iowans do, but with the geography spread, isu, and UNI in the state... it does matter.

Again, I live here...there are a crap load of fair weather fans that are just Done with this 9-10 win crap with no championships.

I live with the shite every day and went to a small state school here from 94-99...so I saw the pinnacle of crazy.

So...sorry...your wrong on this one.

Thats only because they have been winning. Look at their basketball fans. They all became Creighton fans and gave up on NE basketball. They must be the greatest fans in the world.

Bingo. GBR in the Fall...go Blujays in the winter. When they became mediocre under Callahan(after not putting up with those crappy 9 win seasons under Solich - a clone of Osbourne btw ...who many wanted out before the 90s run...for all those crappy 9-10 win seasons) people were NOT showing up and I know for a Fact there were plenty of empty seats...still a sellout though...magically. "best fans in college football...so long as we're winning".

Many think Martinez is the problem...I don't like the kid...but their in for a rude surprise when he's gone.

You know what...I am not a Nebby fan, but I kinda do like Pelini's emotion/enthusiasm (certainly not advocating that extent of emotion for Hawks). What I think (which really doesn't matter) is that the reporter that let that personal, unauthorized soundbite slip to Deadspin or any other media outlet is a real spineless effin P***y. I believe that weasels like that are POS scumbags and probably live miserable lives, with littleman disease. While it's a pretty poor choice of surrounding to be exposing himself, I sincerely hope Bo doesn't lose his job over "that". I would think most true, good fans (that have their profanity filter on) should still be able to overlook the fact that BP was blindsided in his emotional personal release of tension. Of course, that is if the true fan likes him in the first place (this I do not know). It's the world we live in now, where a 2 bit story gets you 15 minutes of fame/flaming to expose a story in this overly PC world. Rant over.

PS It was fun to listen to though!

i think his 'emotion and enthusiasm' makes him look (excuse the choice of word here) like a 'tard. typical ohio meathead.

I live here(Omaha). I'm here to tell you...
1) the sellout thing is horseshite. Sure they sell every seat cause the corporate sponsors buy them if there are any remaining. See #2 for reasons
2) there are no other D1 programs in the state, obviously no pro teams, there is no significant fbs teams, and there is no longer any college footnall in Omaha. 80 percent of the states population lives within an hour of Lincoln. They have no less to do than Iowans do, but with the geography spread, isu, and UNI in the state... it does matter.

Again, I live here...there are a crap load of fair weather fans that are just Done with this 9-10 win crap with no championships.

I live with the shite every day and went to a small state school here from 94-99...so I saw the pinnacle of crazy.

So...sorry...your wrong on this one.

he's not just wrong on this one....

I know this may come to some people as a surprise but Tommie Frazier used up all of his eligibility back in the nineties. He spent a year on the sidelines with a knee injury but still played for four years. They don't even have a place on the roster for him anymore.

I will say that there are some hypocrites on this board. They hate the outbursts and passion pelini has on the sideline but they love Fran kicking the scoring table and slamming chairs.
I rather have a coach show emotion than one who doesnt .

Bo Pelini is a poster child for a stroke or heart attack waiting to happen. I hope for his sake he learns how to relax but I doubt that he will. I'm glad I didn't have parents like him. I think the reason Big Red sells out is because the fans want the attention for themselves. They like to hang their hat on that and the reason I think that is because of the arrogance they show whenever they show up on these boards.

They might have something else to do, but they choose Nebby football over all of it. The priorities of Husker fans are completely out of wack.

So who's the first to go?

Pelini @ Nebby (duck out of water)
Kill @ Minney (why can't they get his phenytoin and valproic acid levels to stabilize??)
Dantonio @ MSU (fanbase getting itchy)
Beckman @ Illinois (ugh)
Brown @ Texas
Kiffin @ USC

Who ya got?

I'd just about guarantee it. I would guess most everyone in positions where they are publicly criticized all the time, in their private moments, feels like that at some point. Human nature.

Jon, that tape appears to be just before the post- game radio show. I'm guessing its not unusual for coaches right after an emotional game to let off some steam in the presence of broadcasters they think they know and can trust before the mics go live. Have you ever witnessed a profane tirade like that? As much a gentleman as Hayden Fry was and presented publicly, I also know he had his moments.

Jon, that tape appears to be just before the post- game radio show. I'm guessing its not unusual for coaches right after an emotional game to let off some steam in the presence of broadcasters they think they know and can trust before the mics go live. Have you ever witnessed a profane tirade like that? As much a gentleman as Hayden Fry was and presented publicly, I also know he had his moments.

LOL comparing a hall-of-famer to a hall-of-shamer. You're GED is waiting for you in the women's lingerie department at Sears.

Latest posts