Pelini having a terrible day

stupid double post

Looks like my day isn't much better than Bo's....

You are now, again, welcome here.

I am wrong...A LOT...(just ask the posters here). But while I don't WANT to know about nebby football, alas, I have no choice.

nebby has a good fanbase, it's just no better than about 25 others. Their tradition rivals almost anyone and most objective fans would love to have what they had in the 70's and 90's and some of the 80's. All that said, my sensabilities when in comes to nebby is mired is the absurdity of dilusion that so many nebby fans have regarding what the "expect".

simply put, I am a embattled Hawkeye, living in nebby land....go figure I have some issues....

You are now, again, welcome here.

Cool :cool:

nebby has a good fanbase, it's just no better than about 25 others. Their tradition rivals almost anyone and most objective fans would love to have what they had in the 70's and 90's and some of the 80's. All that said, my sensabilities when in comes to nebby is mired is the absurdity of dilusion that so many nebby fans have regarding what the "expect".

I can't disagree with anything you have said. We are no better than about 25 others. We have some good fans, we have some knowledgable fans, we have some bad fans, we have some unbearable fans, we have some stupid fans. I don't like the stupid/unbearable ones anymore than you. It makes the rest of us look bad.

Our expectations are one of the things that we fight about amongst ourselves. Some think "We are Nebraska, we should be National Champs every year," others realize how the landscape of college football has changed and where we are currently. I would love to be as relevant as we were 15-20 years ago, but we aren't.

In the long run, its a game played by 18-23 year olds. I enjoy watching them (last weekend excluded), but win or lose, I still have to pay my bills, I have family to worry about, I have bigger things to concern myself with. As it should be, football is entertainment, not life or death.

simply put, I am a embattled Hawkeye, living in nebby land....go figure I have some issues....

It's all good, hold your head up!

I hear ya, HawkeyeWalker. I work and live in Lincoln, and while I get along great with most Husker fans, it gets kind of tough to listen to the BS from the local radio sports station talking for years about how weak the B1G was, and how if they were in that 2nd rate conference, they would win the Conference title every year. 0 for two, and season three is not looking like the year they expected either.

One clown went so far as to say he dislikes Ferentz because Iowa has never been any good or went to any good bowl games. If only Nebraska had been in the B1g a few years earlier.

In listening to the audio again, it gets real loud at one point when the broadcaster was talking...apparently he is with the Husker radio network...I would wager that someone running the board that night at HQ, likely an hourly employee, cut and saved that clip to a thumb drive and sat on it for a rainy day. I would strongly wager that audio came through the Husker Radio Network mic.

Nobody is talking about the malice of the person who kept the audio. It's a low thing to do in my opinion and to use it against him. It would be even worse if cash was given for that sound bite by someone even more malicious who then may have used it to try to bring him down.

If I were AD or Pres at Nebraska I would ALSO look into the source of the audio.

Nobody is talking about the malice of the person who kept the audio. It's a low thing to do in my opinion and to use it against him. It would be even worse if cash was given for that sound bite by someone even more malicious who then may have used it to try to bring him down.

If I were AD or Pres at Nebraska I would ALSO look into the source of the audio.

Agreed, and I've heard that is what they are doing.

According to the statement released today, Nebraska officials have known about the recording for over a year, so I bet they know the original source.

Worst Iowa fans I've ever seen are those who booed Shada on Senior Day when he ran out to meet his parents. There were a lot of them. I don't get how you can boo a 22 year old kid in that setting.

Not to mention a kid who overcame a life-threatening blood clot just to be able to play football.

Scout.com: Adam Shada: A Study of Character

Every fan who booed Adam that day is human scum. But he's having the last laugh, making big bank at Goldman.

p.s. you want to see sportsmanship? this is sportsmanship: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=128844397294860

Last edited:
I'd just about guarantee it. I would guess most everyone in positions where they are publicly criticized all the time, in their private moments, feels like that at some point. Human nature.

Ferentz is too busy counting his money to give a crap about the fans..........its a lot of money.........it keeps him very busy.

Man that recording of opened up a big can of worms. It would take a low life to record what he said in the heat of battle

Man that recording of opened up a big can of worms. It would take a low life to record what he said in the heat of battle

Agreed, but it took a bigger lowlife for a person in his position to say the things he said about the very people who pay his overinflated salary. He is a nut case and yet still allowed to be the face of Nebraska football. Talk about lowering the bar...

Pellllini must have pictures of the chancellor and AD with farm animals or something

University of Nebraska officials issue statement in support of football coach Bo Pelini - ESPN

They likely felt they were on pretty safe ground. Online polls by the state's newspapers almost across the board show about half of Husker nation feels Pelini should not be disciplined and only a third feel he should be fired immediately or at the end of the season. Granite, none of the polls are scientific measures of opinion. But they do seem to show a consensus of opinion.

Poll: How should Pelini be disciplined? - Omaha.com

They likely felt they were on pretty safe ground. Online polls by the state's newspapers almost across the board show about half of Husker nation feels Pelini should not be disciplined and only a third feel he should be fired immediately or at the end of the season. Granite, none of the polls are scientific measures of opinion. But they do seem to show a consensus of opinion.

Poll: How should Pelini be disciplined? - Omaha.com

Almost unbelieveable that 50% think that a person in that position can exhibit that behavior like he did without any kind of punishment. The downward slide continues.

Almost unbelieveable that 50% think that a person in that position can exhibit that behavior like he did without any kind of punishment. The downward slide continues.

A football coach cussed in a private room?? Oh the horror.......... :rolleyes:

A football coach cussed in a private room?? Oh the horror.......... :rolleyes:

It isn't as simple as that and you damn well know it 74. Pelini has a track record of being a hothead. It isn't like this was his first incident being caught doing something unbecoming of someone who is the highest paid public employee in the state. Only this time he took it a step further by basically telling the very people who hold him in that position to F off and then theatening to leave. Whether you admit it or not the guy is as unprofessional as it gets for someone is his position.

Pretty much the school should reap what they sow then with deciding to keep him for now. Hope Iowa can take advantage of that in recruiting. Other then that I could care less what they do over there along either keeping him or letting him go. I have a tough time believing he'll be brought back next year with the team they have but we'll see. I do wonder how other fan bases would react to what he did. It's funny to me that the guy who released the tape is being tapped as the bigger ****** here. I don't look at it thtat way at all. It comes down to Pelini being nuts enough to say all that to begin with. The guy who taped it prolly isn't the greatest guy ever by any means but geez. It doesn't give Pelini a pass that's for dang sure.

Latest posts