Over on Cyclone fanatic ...

Campbell is a pretty good coach and they should be better. I mean, how could they do worse. The problem with cyfans is they expect is instant success. Recruiting 2-3 star kids who were mostly mid major recruits isn't going to change their fortunes overnight. The cyfans success this season will depend on two games. If they beat Iowa and if Iowa loses to NDSU. For some reason if Iowa loses to NDSU that will mean ISU is better than Iowa because ISU lost to NDSU also.

Personally, I do want ISU to have good seasons, with two exceptions:
1) Don't beat Iowa.
2) Don't have a "better season" than Iowa.

Aside from these two caveats, I hope they win every game. This would help with SOS and give a some meaning to the "rivalry".

Plus the wins would be so much more sweeter. If in some weird world where Iowa would go 15-0 and ISU finished the season 13-2. It would be oh so sweet, having Iowa beat a NC caliber team twice. (I know it's laughable thinking of ISU as even a 8+? win team is just ridiculous.)

Personally, I do want ISU to have good seasons, with two exceptions:
1) Don't beat Iowa.
2) Don't have a "better season" than Iowa.

Aside from these two caveats, I hope they win every game. This would help with SOS and give a some meaning to the "rivalry".

Plus the wins would be so much more sweeter. If in some weird world where Iowa would go 15-0 and ISU finished the season 13-2. It would be oh so sweet, having Iowa beat a NC caliber team twice. (I know it's laughable thinking of ISU as even a 8+? win team is just ridiculous.)

I used to be this way, but not any longer. Those freaking Clown fans already delude themselves into thinking they would win the B1G, even though they go 3-9. Just imagine what they would say if they went 9-3. They would crown themselves national champions because they in the almighty Big12

Reactions: trj
The idea of a "friendly rivalry" and they're "our neighbors" went out the window years ago for me. I've seen enough bush-league moronic behavior come out of Story county to last a lifetime. It's a big high school.

I want to see them crash and burn...often and badly.

Can I get an Amen!?

Personally, I just enjoy Chris Williams continuing to prove to everyone that he's a moron who has no freaking clue what he's talking about. He sums up a large portion of their fan base quite well. Totally unrealistic and delusional.

It's really a weird situation for iowa state. Campbell is young and iowa state isn't a final destination school. If he sniffs any success he'll immediately bolt for a better school.

Maybe Campbell can light a fire and make clown fans excited for a couple years and bolt and they'll consider it worth it? Not really sure.

Personally, I used to want to drop ISU. But now with the nine B1G games, each non-con takes on greater significance. ISU is an in-state rival, an no matter the status of either school, it needs no justification.

They now are mulling the possibility of playing the Hawks at night in Kinnick on a new thread on their site. You can imagine some of the comments. Some referring back to 2002 because that's about all they got.

I think if Campbell can develop and win some games they maybe pretty good by isu standards. He seems to be doing OK recruiting imo

They now are mulling the possibility of playing the Hawks at night in Kinnick on a new thread on their site. You can imagine some of the comments. Some referring back to 2002 because that's about all they got.

Marc Moorhouse tweeted today that he was 99% sure the Iowa/ISU game this year is going to be at night. Also, Iowa vs Michigan will be at night as well according to his tweet.

It's really a weird situation for iowa state. Campbell is young and iowa state isn't a final destination school. If he sniffs any success he'll immediately bolt for a better school.

Maybe Campbell can light a fire and make clown fans excited for a couple years and bolt and they'll consider it worth it? Not really sure.

If he has a winning record in year two and then we can have cyfans tell us he was a terrible coach and an even worse person.

I hear that Eastern Michigan is cancelling the football program. This opens up a spot for the Cyclones! I'll bet they could win 5 games in the MAC would that guarantee their new coach a lifetime extension? It's perfect because we could kill two schedule birds with one stone. KF loves to play MAC teams so ISU could be the MAC team and the rival and we can open our remaining schedule up for a quality Big 5 school.

The big argument is how tailgating is so much better in Ames than Iowa City. Not that they are going to win or there is a football game that will happen, just that Iowa City stinks because we don't have large cow pastures next to the field where the fans can gather and graze prior to the game. And evidently tailgating within sight of the stadium is a must. These are Clone fans. This is how mediocrity in football gets accepted. As long as the tailgating is good who cares if the product stinks on the field.

The big argument is how tailgating is so much better in Ames than Iowa City. Not that they are going to win or there is a football game that will happen, just that Iowa City stinks because we don't have large cow pastures next to the field where the fans can gather and graze prior to the game. And evidently tailgating within sight of the stadium is a must. These are Clone fans. This is how mediocrity in football gets accepted. As long as the tailgating is good who cares if the product stinks on the field.

It would take copious amounts of tailgating for me to be able to watch the Clones. Therefore, the tailgating would have to be close to the stadium, otherwise I might sober up enough on the walk to the game that I'd remember the putrid pile that I was going to watch, and start to walk home instead.

They brag about their tailgating but I attended a game a few years ago and thought it was the deadest atmosphere I had ever experienced. Maybe I am biased, but it was a joke...and I had a scalper GIVE me a ticket.

Clowns wetting their pants over their 21st ranked recruiting class on 247 all the while failing to understand that is bc they have more recruits than most ar the moment. Kansas has a better avg ranking than the Clowns. One guy saying the class will be epic.

Clowns wetting their pants over their 21st ranked recruiting class on 247 all the while failing to understand that is bc they have more recruits than most ar the moment. Kansas has a better avg ranking than the Clowns. One guy saying the class will be epic.
This is spot on. Do they have 3 guys with multiple legitimate power 5 offers? I really don't know, but the guys I seem them creaming their pants over don't seem to have many offers outside of Toledo and Clown town.

Latest posts